Wipeout: Beat zico, GT5: Redbull, CTR: oxide TT'S. Which is the hardest ?

Whuch is the hardest?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Whuch is the hardest?

• Wipeout:Beat zico
    • GT5: Redbull
    • CTR: Oxide TT's

1 minute ago, HaserPL said:

+ there is/was a glitch that made if even easier.

Are you talking about Zico, yes? I've completed the PS4 version and it wasn't as bad as people say. Did the PS3 version with the glitch because it would be silly not to when it's so easily avaiable.

WipEout Beat Zico is fairly easy. It's also only one lap time you have to beat. It's not a multiple lap affair.

GT5 Red Bull challenges are damn near impossible (unless you use the glitches like most people have).

CTR TT's are so far quite difficult for me but no where near as hard as GT5

2 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Are you talking about Zico, yes? I've completed the PS4 version and it wasn't as bad as people say. Did the PS3 version with the glitch because it would be silly not to when it's so easily avaiable.

Yes that glitch were you would fell of the ramp and fly across the map to the finish. Used that as well on PS3 ;)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Yes that glitch were you would fell of the ramp and fly across the map to the finish. Used that as well on PS3 ;)

3 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

2 hours ago, Rednax_99 said:

WipEout Beat Zico is fairly easy. It's also only one lap time you have to beat. It's not a multiple lap affair.

GT5 Red Bull challenges are damn near impossible (unless you use the glitches like most people have).

CTR TT's are so far quite difficult for me but no where near as hard as GT5

I'm feeling so dumb now.. Was there a glitch for beat Zico on a Wipeout HD? Really? First time that I hear of this.. Ya, I did it legit, and have the ps4 version on my backlog to get all 3 Wipeout plats.. 

7 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I'm feeling so dumb now.. Was there a glitch for beat Zico on a Wipeout HD? Really? First time that I hear of this.. Ya, I did it legit, and have the ps4 version on my backlog to get all 3 Wipeout plats.. 

Edited by HaserPL
Im dumb

7 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Ok, that may explain something.. From the post and vid time of posting, it was around 2015, but I plated the game in 2012, so, maybe it wasn't a known glitch at the time that I did it. 

And from what I understood from @TheYuriG, the glitch was fixed for the ps4 version (all other glitches were also fixed?).

Sorry to derail this.. 

• Like 1

The phantom races on elite are way more difficult than beat Zico IMO.

I started doing some of the time trials of Oxide today and they're definitely not easy. Took about an hour of practice to beat the first one on Crash Cove. I found that change the button layout to alternative feels way smoother than the regular lay-out. 

Also shouldn't Trackmania be on here? That's basically all time trials and the black tracks there are quite difficult.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Also shouldn't Trackmania be on here? That's basically all time trials and the black tracks there are quite difficult.

I quite agree, and in my opinion the Black Series in Trackmania Turbo are quite close to GT5’s Vettel X Challenge for the first place - incredibly tricky and difficult just to manage to finish your first lap ?

Like many people above, Zico in WipeOut HD is far more manageable in my opinion, it’s a 30+ second lap you « just » need to master perfectly...

PS - can’t tell about CTR, it’s the only one I haven’t played. Is it worth the time and money?

Edited by Neef-GT5

14 hours ago, HaserPL said:

That glitch was glorious lmao

13 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ok, that may explain something.. From the post and vid time of posting, it was around 2015, but I plated the game in 2012, so, maybe it wasn't a known glitch at the time that I did it. 

And from what I understood from @TheYuriG, the glitch was fixed for the ps4 version (all other glitches were also fixed?).

Yes, all glitches were fixed, including Zone Zeus which you are basically forced to earn regardless on the 2048 part of the game since some stages have higher requirements than that just because lmao

Wipeout on the PS4 was a breeze compared to the PS3 version, such a shame. Beat Zico, however, is still the same time to beat as the PS3 version and it is quite tricky especially the barrel roll onto the ramp, you have to hit it just right. Mess up and you have to do another lap to get your boost required for another attempt so you're only able to attempt to beat Zico once every two laps. Never knew about glitches, just did it the way it was supposed to be done.

Can't comment on the other titles, never got on with GT but might try CTR when they've got it working properly.

12 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Also shouldn't Trackmania be on here? That's basically all time trials and the black tracks there are quite difficult.

It'd be a no contest with Assetto Corsa. Trackmania may be hard, but you literally can't do Assetto Corsa without a steering wheel plus dozens of hours of practice. A controller doesn't have enough precision. 

4 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I think this thread is more like "Is this game as hard as these games that i've completed, therefore do I have a chance of completing this too" rather than "what is the most difficult racing game ever made".

I think you're right about this. A better comparison would be sonic all stars racing transformed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

That glitch was glorious lmao

Yes, all glitches were fixed, including Zone Zeus which you are basically forced to earn regardless on the 2048 part of the game since some stages have higher requirements than that just because lmao

Ya, I actually did glitch Zone Zeus on Wipeout HD, and then got a big WTF moment when I didn't had so much trouble doing essentially the requirements for it on 2048.. 

I really am not looking forward for Elite Legend Complete.. Even if people look at Zico time trial as the "hard" challenge of the game, that's quite far from true, the last Championship and 1 single race in that event are the real difficulty things that can break the platinum run. 

And with all this talk, I still don't know where exactly CTR sits skill wise, since regardless of how hard it is, the skill set required isn't likely similar to a sim racer or an anti-gravity racer.. 

Zico is a joke compared to the other 2 things mentioned... Zico is just learning a 30 sec lap while not being a total disaster at the game.

Crash is basically 30+ easier Zicos to beat, while mastering the boost system.

Haven't played GT5 but from what I heard it is pretty hard. They want you to beat a time set by a Formula 1 Champion 3 times. A buddy of mine who is a beast in racing games said it was the hardest stuff he did in racing games (legit with a controller) and when he says it, I believe it.

• Like 1

There's no contest, out of the ones above, GT5 is much much harder than anything out there. Setting the whole game aside (which is pretty damn hard on its own right, and long as hell), the Red Bull X Challenges are pretty much near impossible. For years, they were the only events I could never quite beat to obtain the Platinum. Even got a steering wheel to make my time easier and even with that, those challenges are next to impossible. The gold on Monza can be pulled off if you cut on all 3 chicanes and drive good enough. Suzuka and the Nürburgring are a far different story. The first one demands absolute perfection on every corner of a track that is very well known for having way too many corners. The key here for a good time is to do the first zone of S-curves as quick as possible without flying off the track. After countless tries, the best I could do there was silver, no kidding, at like 00:00.001 from getting old. I could never repeat that run X_X And Nürburgring, I never could get any better than bronze, like 4 seconds away from silver. Really hated this track for the irregular pavement so it's the one I tried the least. So, after years of suffering through that, I said, "Fuck it!" and did the glitch. And even that was difficult to get to work but once I got into the correct version off the game, getting off track and going for the gold was doable.

Beat Zico on Wipeout HD, I didn't fount it that hard to be honest. It did take me many tries but eventually, I was able to put a good lap around the track consistently. Didn't have to resort to using the glitch here. Didn't know there was one until I had done the trophy actually lol xD Zone Zeus is pretty doable on the right track, if you have the Fury DLC is much easier. For the Arcade Perfect trophy, I got most of those without a problem, I did admit to having to use the second controller method for 3 tracks that I hated very much but it's possible without it too. And finally, the Elite Campaign Legend was very doable after I got everything else mastered. Granted, some of the later tracks were very difficult but once you get the rhythm of the game and understand how power-ups are handed out, it was doable. Then again, I come from having beaten F-Zero GX on GameCube twice so I have kind of experience on the "tough as nails" futuristic racing genre.

CTR time trials, I have no idea, haven't tried them myself. I know those time trials on the old games have a reputation for being hard but I wouldn't know myself so I cannot really comment on them.

What about the platinum in general, would you guys say Wipeout HD is harder than CTR ? Not really a fan of racing games ( exception would be games like mario kart and arcade racers like burnout ), but for some reason i decided to platinum Wipeout and it was a nightmare. 

I don‘t have CTR yet. Are the Oxide Time Trials necessary for a trophy? 

I have completed both Gran Turismo 5 and Wipeout HD. GT5 was way harder but Wipeout was still very difficult. I can‘t believe that CTR is near that hard than the other two games.

Edited by Rhaisa

The difficulty is overrated. The time trials (especially N Tropy's) aren't even harder than the Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed ones overall. Naturally, this means the comparison to Wipeout and F-Zero are outrageous. If anyone going for the CTR:NF platinum got the one in SaASRT or Wipeout, they can manage getting this game's platinum.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1