Wipeout: Beat zico, GT5: Redbull, CTR: oxide TT'S. Which is the hardest ?

Whuch is the hardest?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Whuch is the hardest?

• Wipeout:Beat zico
    • GT5: Redbull
    • CTR: Oxide TT's

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand CTR being in this discussion if were talking Developer times anyone who says there not hard is either a god or a straight-up egotist. I voted for the Red Bull Challenges, I beat Zico's time legitimately like every trophy on my account which took me around 30 minutes, but those Red Bull Challenges are no joke if you did them legitimately.  

Edited by LancashireLad87

20 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

No way Crash is harder than GT5 OR Wipeout. i mean the trophy % say it all. Btw. Trackmania should be in that ranking. Crash is not even an ultra rare platinum.

Beating Zico is much easier than some of the CTR time trials. 

30 minutes ago, Baker said:

Beating Zico is much easier than some of the CTR time trials. 

The % says otherwise. I think many rate CTR that high because it appeals to a much wider audience who did not expect that game to be that hard, cause it is a fun racer. But if you say so there must be some truth to this ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

The % says otherwise. I think many rate CTR that high because it appeals to a much wider audience who did not expect that game to be that hard, cause it is a fun racer. But if you say so there must be some truth to this 1f601.png

A good example why % doesn’t mean much. WipEout is too low because it’s been on Ps Plus. CTR is too high, as I’ve seen many cheated lists while playing it. Having played both I think the difficulty is basically the same. But that’s all just from my perspective ofcourse ?.

1 minute ago, Baker said:

A good example why % doesn’t mean much. WipEout is too low because it’s been on Ps Plus. CTR is too high, as I’ve seen many cheated lists while playing it. Having played both I think the difficulty is basically the same. But that’s all just from my perspective ofcourse 1f601.png.

But the Omega Collection was also ultra rare before it came to PS Plus. Same with HD. But again as someone who played both games like you I am not denying what you say. Speaking of fun racers Sonic and Sega Allstars racing was also pretty hard and is an ultra rare :) Anyway, I doubt that there are many people who know all 3 games and can truly assess the difficulty.

• Like 1

CTR time trials are not as hard as the people tend to claim. It's just learning that 2 or 3 techniques that once you get the hang of it, you'll never forget.

In WipeOut and GT5, on the other hand, it's all about brutal difficulty, no techs to save you., just straight optimization to go faster every time,

Oh and btw, I platted all three games, and GT5 is a league on its own.

Edited by shary96
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, shary96 said:

CTR time trials are not as hard as the people tend to claim. It's just learning that 2 or 3 techniques that once you get the hang of it, you'll never forget.

In WipeOut and GT5, on the other hand, it's all about brutal difficulty, no techs to save you., just straight optimization to go faster every time,

Oh and btw, I platted all three games, and GT5 is a league on its own.

For real, i still have nightmares with gran tour, amg academy and mainly the vettel events!! omg thats was brutal

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Did 100% of the game on PSOne, it was tricky, bust still not bad. This plat has like 8,5% rarity, so it's not rare at all. After I get through Gran Turismo 7 I think I'll give it a go.

I remember attempting GT5 (considered myself decent at racing games) & it felt impossible. It was quite different kind of difficult though, no difficulty with vehicle controls etc, the car was just so fast it felt like a vid put on a x5 speed. I could not keep up with how fast the track turned. Pretty unique (negative) experience. Felt more like a racing parody, only thing it lacked was a Benny Hill theme playing in the background xD

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Never played Gran Turismo.

I'm currently tackling Oxide's time trials after already having beaten them on Ps1 (As well as Velo's times in Crash Nitro Kart), and they are nothing compared to the two Zico's times in WipEout. I think that in CTR the real challenge starts with Velo's times, Oxide's are not that hard.

• 7 months later...