Blazing Chrome (2019) - Launching July 11 (inspired by Contra: Hard Corps & Contra 3: The Alien Wars)

ziggypossum

Contra-like "Blazing Chrome" is coming in July

Side-scrolling run-and-gun action in the style of Contra 3: The Alien Wars

Blazing Chrome is being developed by JoyMasher, a Brazilian studio that specializes in retro-inspired games like Oniken (in the vein of Strider and Ninja Gaiden) and Odallus: The Dark Call (in the vein of Demon’s Crest and Castlevania). 

Blazing Chrome’s inspiration is clear; it’s steeped in gameplay and visuals from Contra 3: The Alien Wars and Contra: Hard Corps.

JoyMasher announced a release date for Blazing Chrome on Monday: July 11, for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox One.

The studio also revealed two secret characters — “Suhaila, a razor girl with a robotic arm [and] the skilled and deadly ninja Raijin” — who join previously announced run-and-gunners Mavra, the resistance soldier, and Doyle, a rebellious robot.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/24/18715653/blazing-chrome-release-date-contra

Can't wait!!!

• Like 2

Really need this. If JoyMasher are trying to mix the good parts of Contra III & Hard Corps, it seems they've succeeded. This is more Contra than Konami's Rogue Corps will ever be.

Konami should bring their Nintendo DS Contra 4 over to all current gen consoles & PC. That game is so good it deserves to not be limited to a portable system anymore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So far, I'm enjoying this... but I am having that trophy problem also.

I have had a few trophies show up for this while playing. After I quit, I checked on PSN Profiles & in my PS4's trophy list. They're not listed for me either in my trophy list or anywhere on PSNP. I even searched for it under Games. This is weird.

Here are some trophies I've seen pop up when playing:

* Brawler Expert - Finish a boss with a melee attack (Mission 1's boss is easy to do this with... after you've hit the giant robot's head enough times, it will be stunned & lean backward, showing a weak spot on its belly. That's your time to go in & start slashing.)

* Brawler I - 10 Melee kills

* Perfect Soldier - Clear a mission with no deaths (it can be any of them, even mission 1)

* Mission I - Clear mission 1 (each mission has its own clear trophy)

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Blazing-Chrome/achievements

Here's the Xbox trophy list, which should be the same on PS4.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 1

Here are a few changes I've heard will be in future patches.

• The 1st patch will add more iframes to the roll.
  • Fixing problems while using melee with grenade.
  • Separate roll button.
  • They're looking into allowing into the "Aim" button to be used while walking.
  • Melee characters will be able to do damage with the air-dash.
  • Fix for the "score problems"

Could the last one have something to do with PSN trophies & online ranking? The trophy list is still missing on PSN. Right now, trying to check the online rankings will crash the game.

• Like 3