Man i blow at time trials

Literally can not beat even the N.Trophy times. Does anyone have any tips? I try to triple boost but i find it very difficult to get into a beneficial way and angle to triple boost or boost in general on straight areas since it puts me at odd angles. Im literally not even close to beating the times. First level and im like 5 sec after N.Trophy. Wtf....i dont remember sucking this bad on ps1.

• Like 1

You're on Crash Cove? Pick dingodile or tiny, they are faster since you don't need to turn as often. When you hit the boost pad, make sure you KEEP the big orange flames coming out of your engine the entire time. You do this by power sliding and than boosting when the red meter is almost totally full. The more you boost, the longer you will the big orange flames. If you ever lose the orange flames, just restart because you won't catch up at that point.

A lot of people are complaining about the shortcuts in this game, a lot of them are broken, you can just skip the 1st level, the sewer level and the snow levels. Wait until they get patched and just do the rest. Most are pretty easy with N. Tropys times, he doesnt take the easy shortcuts most of the time.

• Like 2

I just beat my 1st Oxide race on Crash Cove. These trials suck. You gotta have near perfection. I say near as I messed up a few drifts but manage to win with a few milliseconds.

If they are all like this then I'm hoping for an update to change the times or allow the cheats. Hell, I'd even buy a DLC char with max stats.

Of course I plan to keep trying and getting the plat. But right now it's looking very uphill.

1 hour ago, Hvalpen said:

Literally can not beat even the N.Trophy times. Does anyone have any tips? I try to triple boost but i find it very difficult to get into a beneficial way and angle to triple boost or boost in general on straight areas since it puts me at odd angles. Im literally not even close to beating the times. First level and im like 5 sec after N.Trophy. Wtf....i dont remember sucking this bad on ps1.

Tiny Tiger got me through Oxide. Almost always wanna be drifting and go for all jumps. Took me a good 3 and a half hours of non stop attempts to finally get this. As others have said, even though this is the first level, it aint the easiest. Apparently that is Coco Park or something.

I'm using Penta on Crash Cove and could easily beat N. Tropy but Oxide is giving me a hard time... I finish the frist two laps ahead but his third lap is something else... I'll try again today using a lighter character to see if I can pull out more mini-turbos.

12 hours ago, Hvalpen said:

I was just about to make a new thread on this but ill put it in this one

Im getting better at this game but oxide trials do take the piss. I recon i could get close to n trophy with more practice but no chance with oxide. 

They should have made n trophy times the hardest to beat because that is still challenging but still fun or not had a trophy for oxide trials and had a different reward for beating him. The time trials are a really good idea but whats the point when 90 percent of players wont get close to beating him.

I never played the ps1 version but heard this one is even harder. 

Ive also heard hard on adventure mode is as hard if not harder than oxide. WTF

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zadorvp said:

You should all consider avoiding the time trials right now as they are the main source of corrupted saves in the game.

Beat all N tropy and Oxide without a problem with saves. Backup your saves!

Last night I completed all Oxide trials and it is doable for sure. Hardest maps:

- Crash cove

- Sewer speedway

- Tiny Temple (The nitro-fueled one)

The most important thing I learned at these trials is that you want to keep your boost at all times. And when you boost, try to do perfects as this will extend your boosttime.

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ZexionPonty92 said:

Do all the rest first, keep power sliding before hitting the turbo pads to extend the turbo boost (it's a hidden mechanic: imagine this like an invisible turbo fuel bar that raise when you power slide) and don't miss the possibility of skip even the tiniest piece of the track.

I learned alot from these tracks actually, crash cove and tiny temple in particular. After mastering these levels the other ones should be less stressful.

My strategy was to first beat all n tropy times and after that beat all oxide times.

Edited by A1rPun

12 minutes ago, A1rPun said:

My strategy was to first beat all n tropy times and after that beat all oxide times.

I did the same! N.Tropy, then hard adventure mode and finally all Oxide ones.

I done the vast majority of Oxide trials with Penta; for the ones with many curves and boosting (like oxide station, deep sea driving and others) I chose Pinstripe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A1rPun said:

Last night I completed all Oxide trials and it is doable for sure. Hardest maps:

- Crash cove

- Sewer speedway

- Tiny Temple (The nitro-fueled one)

The most important thing I learned at these trials is that you want to keep your boost at all times. And when you boost, try to do perfects as this will extend your boosttime.

I was wondering last night when trying to beat N.Tropy that "If this is hard, what will the others be like?". Glad to know that one of the hardest tracks is behind me. My main goal at some point is trying to beat Tropy and unlock him. Oxide times seem unreachable atm. 

Edited by JPz890
  • Like 1

I think they are doable, but honestly, they should have used the original times. The extra seconds would really make it a lot more approachable. I'm never a fan of speed running, but it is what it is. I doubt Beenox will make any changes to the time trials specifically. Just need to practice, not much else to it.