Man i blow at time trials

1 hour ago, Hvalpen said:

I see some of you say keep boost at all times. How??? Boosting on a straight road seems very hard since you bring yourself in a weird angle when starting the drift.

Don't try to boost always 3 times in a row. If you have a straight line or you are in a bad angle, boost once and then immidiately release R1 and press it again to start another boost sequence. Use this to adjust your position in order to stay in your desired trajectory.

Watch some time trial videos if you are still confuse.

• Like 2

Canadian Guy Eh on Youtube just posted this video:  

The gist is that power slide boosts are essential, but to REALLY get the best speed, you need to learn to use Sacred Fire and SAFFI fire.  As you get more speed boosts, you`ll build up reserves, which can then be used to get longer and better boosts.  In other words, boost more and you`ll be rewarded accordingly.

On 6/25/2019 at 5:27 PM, BloodyRutz said:

It just means the Platinum is not for you and it's ok. I see many others got it, so it's doable. This is supposed to be trophy hunting site, yet every other person thinks the Platinum is some participation trophy ?1f3fb.png‍♂️

Well... normally I see myself getting closer than this time. I mean 50 attempts at Crash Cove on hard mode and I only get 4th or 3rd once.

I can't practice any more than I am as I need to beat it to unlock the next track.

6 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

Image result for grammar meme

Back on topic now....I personally can't believe how so many people are having such a difficult time with a game made 20 years ago...

It's not exactly the same game any more though :) Time trials are stricter in the PS4 remake and there are some issues like invisible walls and corrupted saves. Feel free to give this version of the game a try as well.

• Like 2

Lmao the time trials were easier than I expected them to be, bar like 3 tracks. (Sewer Speedway because of the shortcut, Dragon Mines because of the spiral, and Deep Sea Driving because of the spinning blades.)

The key to beating any time trial is boosting. Drift boost before turbo pads, drift before your speed boost from the pad ends to keep it going. Perfect boost as much as you can, sometimes you will only have time for 1 boost before a corner but you have enough time to get through the corner and drift boost out of it to keep your boost going.

Practice is all it takes, if you don't want to practice, learn & understand mechanics, then dont complain. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zadorvp said:

It's not exactly the same game any more though :) Time trials are stricter in the PS4 remake and there are some issues like invisible walls and corrupted saves. Feel free to give this version of the game a try as well.

Right...let me rush right out and spend $500 so I can have the privilege to play substandard, bug-ladened  remake of a 20 year old game when I have the original, perfectly working version sitting in the gameroom... 

Image result for no thank you meme

I got the platinum for this game last night, I have one of the trials on Oxide Station on my YouTube channel and I plan on putting a couple more up of the hard levels that I captured, this is the link if anyone is interested in those or trophy videos I do in general - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZX3OaaenUBCMtrqwwNQ2ZA

Anyway some general tips I have for this game after getting the plat:

- Try not to jump off every ramp since sometimes it's more beneficial to just keep the boost chain going rather than losing speed jumping.

- If you do have to jump make sure it's at the very top of the jump so you get more boost/reserves.

- Build up your reserves as much as you can, this allows you to continue boosting for longer even if you haven't done a drift chain for a while or hit a jump so you can keep your speed going until your next boost, even if you have to boost early and get a "good" boost that's better than losing the whole boost as well.

- DON'T follow Oxide's lines for every race, most of the time you'll find you can easily take over his line by doing your own route or cutting corners more etc.

- Most importantly... Try to master boosting when the smoke off your kart is black, this creates a more powerful boost if done 3 times called "sacred fire" this is the second fastest boost in the game behind ultimate sacred fire, you can achieve this by chaining drifts together and pressing boost when the smoke is black for max speed and also boosting for longer (reserves are important to have here to keep this going for longer)

I hope some of these help you, most importantly try not to get too stressed about it especially if you didn't play this game when you were a kid, the game has a huge learning curve, I wish you all the best of luck on the plat! 

Edited by MotsonTheMotto
deleting a line
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Shaneman said:

Had a good few solid hours on Crash Cove last night and still can't perfect drift boosting on straights.

Beenox must be laughing hard at all of us.

I've heard a lot about dragon mines but I personally found crash cove to be the hardest time trial.

3 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

I've heard a lot about dragon mines but I personally found crash cove to be the hardest time trial.

I managed to beat N.Tropy on Crash Cove but Oxide is always half a lap ahead of me yeah.

I've only beaten N.Tropy on 4 tracks anyway so I'm not gonna aim for the time trial trophies now. I've practised to death and can't improve on this dumb snaking technique.

14 hours ago, Dr_Shaneman said:

I managed to beat N.Tropy on Crash Cove but Oxide is always half a lap ahead of me yeah.

I've only beaten N.Tropy on 4 tracks anyway so I'm not gonna aim for the time trial trophies now. I've practised to death and can't improve on this dumb snaking technique.

You don't actually have to "snake" like in Mario Kart DS. The key with Crash NF (and CTR) is to understand Sacred Fire and Ultimate Sacred Fire. For Crash Cove for example, you basically HAVE TO use Sacred Fire thanks to the last two boost pads to beat Oxide.

8 hours ago, Clafoutee said:

You don't actually have to "snake" like in Mario Kart DS. The key with Crash NF (and CTR) is to understand Sacred Fire and Ultimate Sacred Fire. For Crash Cove for example, you basically HAVE TO use Sacred Fire thanks to the last two boost pads to beat Oxide.

What about the straights? You need to do it there.

14 hours ago, Dr_Shaneman said:

What about the straights? You need to do it there.

Sure but it's more about learning SF and USF than actually snaking.
If you take Cortex Castle for example, you can literally beat Oxide with USF at the end of the track by keeping it until the bridge (and taking the shortcut just before the super pad boost).

You have to learn how to boost for sure, but the critical part (imo) is to know WHEN to boost. Crash cove for example seems impossible at first. You can drift boost like a mad man and still get fucked because Oxide can keep Sacred Fire at the end of the track.

• Like 2