Man i blow at time trials

Anyone else noticed that Oxide seems to make more mistakes on the extra tracks? Been finding them a ton easier than the main campaign tracks. 

Still can't do some of the main tracks tho. That damn sewer speedway. Can't land that shortcut every time. Doing my head in

Edited by Kazeh54
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BlackSabre500 said:

@Einamu Nice find! It made Thunder Struck pathetically easy. Is this your YouTube channel? If so I'm subscribing.

Nah nah, it isn't my YT Channel but it is probably worth keeping an eye on this guy's channel anyway if he found something like this.

4 hours ago, M0HX-VIP said:

Fuck. This shit aint like the classic ver :C I used to beat oxide on sewer speedway and other maps like ez pz.

Almost at platinum.. only time trials left.

I'm currently struggling on sewer speedway lol. any tips?

Sewer speedway seems a bit broken right now (the jumps at the end of ramps are a bit wonky)
There's an update coming on Wednesday but we still don't if it's going to fix that issue or not.

In the mean time, you could try to take the shortcut by approaching the ramp without any angle (you could do it on the original version, but it's way harder to do it with the remake). Also, do not boost to take the shortcut... it seems stupid, but it's way easier that way.

Its probs been memtioned bit after about 20 hours of gamplay or so and only 2 trials left to beat trophy ive realised the importance of getting perfect on the boost. I new it was important but never new it made that much of a difference. I may now go back and try oxide which i never in a million years thought i would come close in beating

Also you dont always need to do 3 boost juat make sure you get perfect

15 hours ago, Clafoutee said:

Sure but it's more about learning SF and USF than actually snaking.
If you take Cortex Castle for example, you can literally beat Oxide with USF at the end of the track by keeping it until the bridge (and taking the shortcut just before the super pad boost).

You have to learn how to boost for sure, but the critical part (imo) is to know WHEN to boost. Crash cove for example seems impossible at first. You can drift boost like a mad man and still get fucked because Oxide can keep Sacred Fire at the end of the track.

Keeping USF is really tricky. I could do it on Hot Air Skyway for example but only a little as it's so easy to just slide off the track.

Hopefully you guys are using the coco character type, unless your better with other types. 

That sewer speedway shortcut is a bitch to get consistently , I always break at the top of the half pipe on the left, right before you jump in directly in front of the short cut. Try to have no boost when you jump in , only the boost from the jump into the halfpipe. It's not guaranteed but it does work. 

1 hour ago, LKY616 said:

Damn, I can’t even pass oxide in coco park, my best time was 3 seconds behind him. I need to enrolled in a university course just to master drift boost. Lol 

Im finding the simpler tracks the hardest. Try the cnk tracks at first. There alot easier i recon

2 hours ago, LKY616 said:

Damn, I can’t even pass oxide in coco park, my best time was 3 seconds behind him. I need to enrolled in a university course just to master drift boost. Lol 

Just practice more, you'll get it!

On Coco Park, I found the last boost pad (the one before the finish line) really important as it can provide you with Sacred Fire in order to take the shortcut. Have a look at this: 

Keeping USF as long as possible is CRITICAL. You can make 1-2 mistakes on tracks with USF if you manage to keep it longer than Oxide once or twice and still win!

On the other hand, if you drive near perfectly but fail to keep USF or even SF long enough, you'll probably lose.

I've even fallen off the track in Polar Pass and Hot Air Skyway and still managed to beat him. Also got crushed by the train in Android Alley, still won.

I've beaten all the CTR and a couple of CNK time trials and the only one I think no mistakes + perfect use of SF is needed to win is Dragon Mines.

Edited by GhettoGlamour

Only one time trial is away from platinum :( guess which one guys?

FUCKING SEWER SPEEDWAY! Its so hard todo without constantly going to the shortcut.

I went once and kept going other laps without it..I'm literally 0.21 sec away god dammit.

is it even possible without shortcut? also which character is the best. I'm using coco cuz I did most if not all time trials with her.

Imma cry.. :(

btw only oxide is left on that one :<<

8 minutes ago, M0HX-VIP said:

Only one time trial is away from platinum :( guess which one guys?

FUCKING SEWER SPEEDWAY! Its so hard todo without constantly going to the shortcut.

I went once and kept going other laps without it..I'm literally 0.21 sec away god dammit.

is it even possible without shortcut? also which character is the best. I'm using coco cuz I did most if not all time trials with her.

Imma cry.. :(

btw only oxide is left on that one :<<

I used coco. I drifted with with 3x perfect boost. I think this is very important to jump high enough

6 minutes ago, Pinselneo said:

I used coco. I drifted with with 3x perfect boost. I think this is very important to jump high enough

Lmao nevermind I did it that way!! I literally got it after posting my reply LOLOLOLOL.

I'll post a vid in minutes! :D

Edited by M0HX-VIP

Since I first beat N. Tropy, I used him for the Oxide time trials. Somehow that class is best all around when you get used to it. And yes almost always perfect boost for USF. 

Edited by Ptirle

On 6/26/2019 at 8:45 AM, Hvalpen said:

I see some of you say keep boost at all times. How??? Boosting on a straight road seems very hard since you bring yourself in a weird angle when starting the drift.

Try using a speed or acceleration character, they have a lower turn stat so they won't drift as far on straightways. The bridge on Crash Cove is a good place to practice.