Man i blow at time trials

5 hours ago, LKY616 said:

Manage to improve and beat some of oxide’s levels, but can someone teach me how to U turn? Saw some videos and it looks like a problem solver 

While in the air press brake while turning.

6 hours ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Just got these to beat Oxide in = Crash Cove,Dragon Mines,Hyper Spaceway,Inferno Island & Tiny Temple, finding these very hard (haven't played Hyper Spaceway yet) which characters should I use for these?

I recommend speed characters like Penta for all of these except tiny temple. For that track it is easier to maintain usf with an acceleration or all around character.

3 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

I get confused how to execute the U turn, what is the sequence of button? 

(1) let go of X

(2) hold Square + DownLeft/Right

(3) Jump until you are in the correct direction

(4) re press X

is this correct ?

Anybody tried the Twilight Tours time trial? I've managed to get uninterrupted USF from the first time possible until the end. Still need to shave off 5 sec to beat Oxide?

I hope I'm missing a shortcut besides the obvious one right at the beginning...

Edited by GhettoGlamour

13 hours ago, GhettoGlamour said:

Anybody tried the Twilight Tours time trial? I've managed to get uninterrupted USF from the first time possible until the end. Still need to shave off 5 sec to beat Oxide?

I hope I'm missing a shortcut besides the obvious one right at the beginning...

There's another shortcut to the left after jumping off a speed ramp at the bottom part of the map

15 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Which maps are considered the hardest Oxide ones? I just beat Crash Cove and Sewer Speedway after a few tries

I have done all of them at this point. Dragon Mines was a bit tricky, but it took me far shorter than Sewer Speedway. Tiny Temple is quite difficult, mainly because you have to hold USF for two whole laps to win. Oxide Station is annoying too, but very double. Those are the only ones that come to mind, the rest were on the easier side.

22 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Which maps are considered the hardest Oxide ones? I just beat Crash Cove and Sewer Speedway after a few tries

Oxide Station, Dragon Mines and Tiny Temple.,If you can beat those I don't think you'll have any problem with the rest.

Edited by Franciscoo-

2 hours ago, FresHOnline_ said:

got the plat yesterday , dragons mines and tiny temple was the most annoying for me , does anybody think there will be DLC trophies?

Velo time trials that would be superior to Oxide`s wouldnt hurt at all. Especially if they include some unique skin/character for beating them.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 6:21 AM, Angus1343 said:

I recommend speed characters like Penta for all of these except tiny temple. For that track it is easier to maintain usf with an acceleration or all around character.

Can you use dingodile for all the trials? H'es my favourite character, but if I have to use Penta then I will.

I've just managed to do Sewer Speedway as a speed class with 3 seconds to spare. Dropped SF for half a lap & made several other mistakes so the time could be improved aswell.

For me personally there was definitely a lot more leeway as a speed type, I did try acceleration lile eveyone seems to use but I just can't get to grips with the class, they turn far too easily.

I did record my run as I was so pleased with it so if anyone else is struggling as an acceleration type & wants to give speed a go, I could upload it so you could see my route should anyone be interested.

Beat all of Tropy's times today. Beaten lots of Oxide's ones too, even if they didn't count for some reason -__-

I hope Beenox makes it so that IF you beat his time before you unlock his, it should count. I'm NOT doing Oxide Station all over again lol

EDIT: Also, fix the Sewer Speedway shortcut ffs!

Edited by Oblivion

4 hours ago, Oblivion said:

Beat all of Tropy's times today. Beaten lots of Oxide's ones too, even if they didn't count for some reason -__-

I hope Beenox makes it so that IF you beat his time before you unlock his, it should count. I'm NOT doing Oxide Station all over again lol

EDIT: Also, fix the Sewer Speedway shortcut ffs!

What do you mean Oxide time trials didn't count? Towards Oxide trophy? Because I've also beaten several Oxides before beating all Tropy stages

33 minutes ago, Nick_Carnage_91 said:

I'm trying that shit of sewer speedway, after I have complete all the other tracks. 3 days and the result is always the same. It seems almost unreal, something like this has never happened to me before. 

It doesn't help that the shortcut on that track seems random. I was lucky enough to hit it three times in the same race.

39 minutes ago, Nick_Carnage_91 said:

I'm trying that shit of sewer speedway, after I have complete all the other tracks. 3 days and the result is always the same. It seems almost unreal, something like this has never happened to me before. 

Which character are you using? I didn't beat oxide on all tracks but I got sewer speedway rather easily, thanks to Coco.

I saw a lot of people talking about going on that ramp slowly to get a nice jump... but in my case, it was easier to go full fucking speed. I tried to take a big jump right at the tunnel exit so I could have a nice boost when landing on the ramp before the jump.

I'm using Coco too.. she is the best ?. I tried every possible approach but, like SecondGenesis said, the shortcut seems random. Sometimes I jump whitout problem, other times this not happen. One time I remained floating in the air for more than three seconds as if there were an invisible wall.

1 minute ago, Nick_Carnage_91 said:

I'm using Coco too.. she is the best 1f60d.png. I tried every possible approach but, like SecondGenesis said, the shortcut seems random. Sometimes I jump whitout problem, other times this not happen. One time I remained floating in the air for more than three seconds as if there were an invisible wall.

I've heard that patch 1.06 made access to this shortcut easier.