Hvalpen

Man i blow at time trials

172 posts in this topic

Just beat all normal CTR maps, I can agree that Dragon Mines was the most rage inducing... Damn random carts. I didn't use the shortcut and was airbraking at the spiral

 

Taking a break now but doing some of the NK ones tomorrow...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I really suck at Sewer Speedway besides the shortcut being ass, if you lose the sacred flame trying to dodge the stupidly big barrels or keeping the boost on this tiny track. i get the shortcut maybe 2/5 times and even when i get the shortcut two times in a row im allways behind oxide. Been stuck on this track for 4 hours and not even near of being close to beating him. And i have seen people say this track minus the shortcut is easy when oxide is on your tail the whole track even if youre perfect. Any tips?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Erkawest Nice job, CNK tracks are way easier, you'll be beating Oxide's times in a bunch of them before even unlocking him xD 

 

@andrehunter What kind of character do you use? I did it with Coco which is an Acceleration one and Oxide was never ahead of me at any moment, there shouldn't be any reason at all for you to lose your sacred fire unless you just hit one of the barrels, in that case just restart. However once you start consistently doing the same times over and over you'll guess if the barrels are coming from the left or the right, your own ghost can help you as a reference as well.

The track is pretty simple once you get used to the shortcut, is there a specific part where you have trouble keeping your boosts or something?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Franciscoo- said:

@Erkawest Nice job, CNK tracks are way easier, you'll be beating Oxide's times in a bunch of them before even unlocking him xD 

 

@andrehunter What kind of character do you use? I did it with Coco which is an Acceleration one and Oxide was never ahead of me at any moment, there shouldn't be any reason at all for you to lose your sacred fire unless you just hit one of the barrels, in that case just restart. However once you start consistently doing the same times over and over you'll guess if the barrels are coming from the left or the right, your own ghost can help you as a reference as well.

The track is pretty simple once you get used to the shortcut, is there a specific part where you have trouble keeping your boosts or something?

 

Well first of all there's the shortcut where i lose pretty much all my runs, haven't found a consistent way of dealing with it have watched a ton of videos but nothing really worked for me. Then the hardest part for me to maintain the boost is the part where you have to go through 2 holes just before the finish line. I am using Coco, but probably just suck at the game.😅

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrehunter said:

 

Well first of all there's the shortcut where i lose pretty much all my runs, haven't found a consistent way of dealing with it have watched a ton of videos but nothing really worked for me. Then the hardest part for me to maintain the boost is the part where you have to go through 2 holes just before the finish line. I am using Coco, but probably just suck at the game.1f605.png

 

Maybe this will help you

 

 

Basically you wanna get there without any reserves, get in the left part and jump kinda early the first ledge, with just the speed of that first jump is enough, then just hold it in a straight line until the very limit of the second ledge and jump again to make it, a lot of people say it's easier now with the last patch, idk, i've been doing it for a few weeks playing online and it works for me that way most of the times.

 

Then once you make it to the shortcut take the turbo pad and make it down drifting, that way you'll get sacred fire again.

And for the final two holes try to get there without drifting, you have two opportunities to jump:  right before and as you enter each hole so you don't lose your fire, I always take the right one, and then you can chain 3 turbos to the right to make it to the ramp and finish the lap, it's pretty efficient that way.

 

If you've been able to do the other tracks you'll beat this, just get over the shortcut and memorize and effective route to keep the sacred fire all three laps, which is not that bad at all here.

Edited by Franciscoo-
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 8:11 PM, Hvalpen said:

Literally can not beat even the N.Trophy times. Does anyone have any tips? I try to triple boost but i find it very difficult to get into a beneficial way and angle to triple boost or boost in general on straight areas since it puts me at odd angles. Im literally not even close to beating the times. First level and im like 5 sec after N.Trophy. Wtf....i dont remember sucking this bad on ps1.

 

Don't give up bro :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeping USF on sharp corners my most difficult task. I keep hitting the wall or falling off.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-07-09 at 3:07 AM, Oblivion said:

Also, fix the Sewer Speedway shortcut ffs!

 

I've experimented with this shortcut for almost an hour and found out as long as you take the shortcut head-on and hold the jump button while holding the left stick down you will always make the jump. It doesn't matter what speed, it worked for me all 3 laps.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Franciscoo- said:

@Erkawest Nice job, CNK tracks are way easier, you'll be beating Oxide's times in a bunch of them before even unlocking him xD 

Yeah that's what I did on some of the CTR maps too, sometimes his times were really bad, like Tiny Arena where I was like 20-30seconds ahead of him.

 

Some of the people here made N.Oxide seem a lot harder than what he really is and had me fearing. You don't really need to keep USF during the whole map, it's enough just taking advantage of it until you hit a corner you can't make. This goes for like every map, I had USF on Oxide Station until the first hard corner and failed all 3 laps, still beat him.

 

I also failed the Polar Pass river shortcut once, respawned and still managed to beat Oxide.

 

I have only played with Speed characters during time trials. I used to main Handling characters really well until I noticed I was easily overtaken by speed/acc players online and had no chance on time trials. So I had to learn playing as a speed character lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear there's no greater pain than being in the lead on sewer speedway on the final lap only to be smacked by the final rolling barrel :( 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

X4Kl7E9.jpg

 

dGBGP2i.jpg

 

Finally beat all Oxide times and got the flex-master skin 😄. Dragon Mines was the only real pain in the ass. Oxide Station was easy enough after a few tries. Time for rest, then platinum relics!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oblivion said:

X4Kl7E9.jpg

 

dGBGP2i.jpg

 

Finally beat all Oxide times and got the flex-master skin 1f604.png. Dragon Mines was the only real pain in the ass. Oxide Station was easy enough after a few tries. Time for rest, then platinum relics!

Grats, just beat all of Oxide myself :) got platinum now boys!!

 

Tiny Arena and Deep Sea Driving were tricky since you can't make mistakes but you learn the track after some tries!

 

Good luck to the rest!

 

2r3a3rc.jpg

Edited by Erkawest
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After 10 hours of grinding Sewer Speedway i finally got throught that bullshit shortcut, i don't really know how to explain how i got it but i was at really high speed all 3 laps and i made sure my last boost was a perfect one instead of a good and finally beat the track. Been advancing on the list and nothing has been as bad as that garbage track, even Dragon Mines was easy as comparison, at least there's not much bullshit on that track if you fail it's because you're not good enough and you don't even need to be perfect to beat Dragon Mines. Now to complete the rest of the CTR tracks tomorrow and hopefully CNK tracks on the weekends and be done with the trials.

 

Good luck for everyone else going for this.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 6:13 AM, PSXtreme_ said:

Right...let me rush right out and spend $500 so I can have the privilege to play substandard, bug-ladened  remake of a 20 year old game when I have the original, perfectly working version sitting in the gameroom... 

 

Image result for no thank you meme

I mean the remake is a hell of a lot better, even with its problems, in what reality does the game cost $500? Not even the console costs that much. Why do you even post here if you don’t have the game? Don’t just post here to waste peoples time.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I mean the remake is a hell of a lot better, even with its problems, in what reality does the game cost $500? Not even the console costs that much. Why do you even post here if you don’t have the game? Don’t just post here to waste peoples time.

 

 

 Image result for posting police meme

 

I'll take your advice under advisement...and then I'll continue as I have for years...

 

Related image

 

Edited by PSXtreme_
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been asked but because cheats disable trophies and reenable once turning off could I use say the permanent boost for most of the time trials, turn them off then complete the rest normally to get the oxide time trial trophy? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All i can say about this topic is... Someone buy me some new fingers coz they fucking hurt :<

 

Dragon mines and oxide station have rendered my hands to completely   useless, I just race with my feet now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Exponention said:

All i can say about this topic is... Someone buy me some new fingers coz they fucking hurt :<

 

Dragon mines and oxide station have rendered my hands to completely   useless, I just race with my feet now.

You're not alone, pal. Two days trying to beat Oxide in Crash Cove, my best attempt took 1 second more than the target time. My right index finger hurts a lot 😂

 

4 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Not sure if this has been asked but because cheats disable trophies and reenable once turning off could I use say the permanent boost for most of the time trials, turn them off then complete the rest normally to get the oxide time trial trophy? 

Unfortunately not, just look at the comments here (ex. " It doesn’t save progress with cheats enabled, so no this won’t work. They are only for fun, you can’t unlock anything trophy- or progression related with cheats active at any point in the process.")

Edited by Adras_Nightmare
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Exponention said:

All i can say about this topic is... Someone buy me some new fingers coz they fucking hurt :<

 

Dragon mines and oxide station have rendered my hands to completely   useless, I just race with my feet now.

 

Hey, look at Ripper Roo xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Franciscoo- said:

 

Hey, look at Ripper Roo xD

Hahahah

 

45 minutes ago, Adras_Nightmare said:

You're not alone, pal. Two days trying to beat Oxide in Crash Cove, my best attempt took 1 second more than the target time. My right index finger hurts a lot 1f602.png

 

Unfortunately not, just look at the comments here (ex. " It doesn’t save progress with cheats enabled, so no this won’t work. They are only for fun, you can’t unlock anything trophy- or progression related with cheats active at any point in the process.")

Yeah crash Cove was hard. It was the first one I did though lol I just went down the list but of the 2 I spent 3 days on dragon mine and 3 on oxide.

 

I think dragon's mine maybe a bee's dick harder. And I'm dreading deep water driving >.>

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Not sure if this has been asked but because cheats disable trophies and reenable once turning off could I use say the permanent boost for most of the time trials, turn them off then complete the rest normally to get the oxide time trial trophy? 

The only "cheat" you can enable is to unlock Penta. This won't stop you from earning trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any tips for Oxide Station? Last Ctr track i need to beat before the CNK tracks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andrehunter said:

Any tips for Oxide Station? Last Ctr track i need to beat before the CNK tracks.

 

The part of the track that will make or break beating Oxide's time is this part.

 

You need to keep USF at least until that turn at 1:02. Also, the turns at 0:27, try to bunnyhop past them while using the boost from the boost pad. Basically jump left and right repeatedly through the turns instead of taking the turns, that's what i did. Or you could just drive past them, your choice.

 

EDIT: Oh right, before i forget. I used a speed character for the track, just so you know.

Edited by Oblivion
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrehunter said:

Any tips for Oxide Station? Last Ctr track i need to beat before the CNK tracks.

 

If you can keep USF you'll destroy Oxide's time. I used a turning character (Polar) and beat it in a few tries. It was way easier like that imo.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.