Man i blow at time trials

1 hour ago, andrehunter said:

Any tips for Oxide Station? Last Ctr track i need to beat before the CNK tracks.

Only tip I have for you is: have a spare pair of hands because if your attempts are gonna be anything like mine. You'll be fingerless in no time :D

I used a speed character personally. I tried a turning character but I couldn't get used to their supreme turning mechanics.

And tbh mine was 60% luck, and 30% skill with 10% sheer persistence lol.

First i thought this trophy was impossible to me and would have like oxyde's time trial to be easier, but after practice, i beat 23 tropy and 11 oxyde. So, i will keep training, the trophy will fall sooner or later. And most important, i will be proud of myself,  thing that woul'nt have happen with a patched difficulty. Keep fighting guys, it's doable, no need to be a hardcore ctr player.

2 minutes ago, boshafty1 said:

I can't beat Oxide on Crash Cove.

This track to me is all about knowing where and how to drift boost without crashing. Watch a video and try to replicate where he does his boosts and see if you can do them yourselves without crashing/losing Sacred Fire. Crash Cove was my first track and i felt like i didn't even need to be perfect to beat Oxide. It's still probably one of the hardest tracks so if you have other tracks to do maybe you can go for other tracks.

16 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

This track to me is all about knowing where and how to drift boost without crashing. Watch a video and try to replicate where he does his boosts and see if you can do them yourselves without crashing/losing Sacred Fire. Crash Cove was my first track and i felt like i didn't even need to be perfect to beat Oxide. It's still probably one of the hardest tracks so if you have other tracks to do maybe you can go for other tracks.

I think a lot of my problem is I watch the gauge trying to get 3 perfect boost and it messes up my lines.

Just got the platinum and the 3 hardest tracks imo are:

1. Dragon mines

2. Oxide station

3. Tiny temple

Honourable mentions: crash Cove and deep sea driving lol

I'm still recovering from nerve damage to my thumbs and some fingers.... Exactly same shit happened when they released the crash trilogy >.>

On 13. 7. 2019 at 10:52 PM, Razza said:

I finally beat Dragon Mines :D I am really starting to believe that these time trials will be doable for me now after all :D

You handled the U-turn like a pro but you never went for the SF afterwards. You would have destroyed Oxide's time easily with it.

Nonetheless, congrats! Just finished Dragon Mines myself :)

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

Was feeling worried about getting this plat but completed Sewer Speedway fairly quickly last night. Cannot complain. 

Dragon mines and oxide station will really test you. But stick to it. It took me 3 days for dragon mines and about 1.5 days for oxide.

Looking back i suggest doing the other tracks first especially the CNK ones to really understand the mechanics of USF.

Plus seeing the speed of USF on the CNK track normalises the speed imo so it eventually doesn't seem as fast? If that makes sense. 

Good luck!

Edited by Exponention

41 minutes ago, Exponention said:

Dragon mines and oxide station will really test you. But stick to it. It took me 3 days for dragon mines and about 1.5 days for oxide.

Looking back i suggest doing the other tracks first especially the CNK ones to really understand the mechanics of USF.

Plus seeing the speed of USF on the CNK track normalises the speed imo so it eventually doesn't seem as fast? If that makes sense. 

Good luck!

I have just been testing to see how I am going. I never played CNK so was thinking of leaving them till last. I would of beaten Oxide quicker but got hit by the last barrel on the last lap 3 times..... Very annoying. Take that shortcut out and the barrels and it is simple.  

I gave this game a 9 in difficulty to obtain the platinum. I was really considering to give this a 10. The Time Trials and Adventure Mode on hard were really hard for me to master (Read: mastering the boosting system tongue.gif). Thanks to great tips and guidance from A1rPun, I managed to get the platinum!

Good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

On 15/07/2019 at 1:06 AM, HusKy said:

You handled the U-turn like a pro but you never went for the SF afterwards. You would have destroyed Oxide's time easily with it.

Nonetheless, congrats! Just finished Dragon Mines myself :)

Thanks buddy, the annoying thing about that run was that I had previously done it better on other runs but would make silly mistakes elsewhere such as clipping a wall or a minecart hitting me. 

At least that one is now done so onto the next one :) congratulations on also completing it as well :)

Finally got the platinum yesterday.

Dragon Mines was clearly the hardest track (Crash Cove was hard, but it's probably because it was the first track I tried too).

I really enjoyed the CNK tracks because they allowed to USF the shit out of them.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:36 PM, ACTWD said:

First i thought this trophy was impossible to me and would have like oxyde's time trial to be easier, but after practice, i beat 23 tropy and 11 oxyde. So, i will keep training, the trophy will fall sooner or later. And most important, i will be proud of myself,  thing that woul'nt have happen with a patched difficulty. Keep fighting guys, it's doable, no need to be a hardcore ctr player.

I thought the same. I thought i wouldnt beat even ntrophy times but i thought ill do them and see how good i get at it. Now after mega practice im only 7 oxide trials away. 

Dragon mines is gonna take some doing tho ?

On 7/13/2019 at 9:52 PM, Razza said:

I finally beat Dragon Mines :D I am really starting to believe that these time trials will be doable for me now after all :D

How the f#ck did u do the spiral bridge so smooth. Nice work

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Just got the plat. CNK tracks were fairly easy and managed to finish all of them (except for Thunder Struck) in a single session. For those who are still working on Time Trials - good luck and don't give up! :)

PIrVCXt.jpg

Grats!! Welcome to the club!

Even Tiny Temple and Deep Sea Driving on the 1st try? Crazy

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Grats!! Welcome to the club!

Even Tiny Temple and Deep Sea Driving on the 1st try? Crazy

Oh no :D What I meant was that I played Thunder Struck couple days ago so I was left with 12 our of 13 CNK tracks and I finished all of them in a single gaming session without taking a longer break.

For me personally, the harderst tracks were:

- Crash Cove - 5 hours, my first TT and I had no idea what I was doing

- Dragon Mines - 2 hours because it required a lot of precision

Everything else took 30 minutes or below. Surprisingly, I had no problems with Sewer Speedway or Oxide Station.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

Everything else took 30 minutes or below. Surprisingly, I had no problems with Sewer Speedway or Oxide Station.

I struggled with

-Crash Cove (1st map, but was able to beat within ~30mins when I started drift boost chains on the turbo pad)

-Dragon Mines (random mining carts kept squashing me, always bad timing, the spiral was easy thou)

-Deep Sea Driving (On first tries I couldn't even beat N.Tropy but then I discovered the shortcuts)

-Tiny Temple (took me quite a lot of retries for that perfect USF 2laps)

The rest were pretty easy and did them on 1st or 2nd try.

I did Oxide station on 1st try, not really sure why people think he's hard there, after the space jumps he becomes really slow. Sewer Speedway took me maybe 5 tries until I learned how to do the shortcut, but other than that he wasn't hard here

I got the Platinum yesterday and all i can say is that it was easier than i thought it would be, Dragon Mines was my biggest problem soo somehow i managed to go through the shortcut in the first two laps and then just played the last lap normally since Oxide was far behind, besides this track, most of them were really easy.
and man after finishing the oxide's trials i went to Adventure Mode on Hard and it was a breeze.
if you feel confident about your skills (which you should be) then watch some videos from this Youtuber https://www.youtube.com/user/crash6836 .
also note that you don't need to do the trials like him, just try to take advantage on some key parts of the tracks and you're golden.

Good luck to everyone:)

Edited by Arielferrari19
  • Like 1

I was lucky to beat Oxide in dragon mines by 3 milliseconds, for me it wasn´t much of a grind, I think it´s doable for anyone with practice. At first, I didn´t even touch the time trials, since I thought Oxide was impossible, if I knew it wasn´t as hard, I would´ve gotten the platinum earlier! That digital N. Tropy looks amazing!

Edited by jorgecarpio91

39 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

Tips for Tiny Temple? I am using an acceleration character since i read it's easier but i always tend to lose blue flame randomly ( besides all my attempts i lose because i'm bad).

It takes some practice. I used penta (spend character) for them all. As soon as u get ur blue flame at the end of the first lap make sure u keep using ramps and drift boosting all the time. Its not easy but the track is wide enough for it to be doable with practice.

Also on the first lap make sure u hit the box so the flames go to the left. The right path is alot easier to drift boost round  

Hope that helps and good luck

On 7/17/2019 at 11:03 PM, jorgecarpio91 said:

I was lucky to beat Oxide in dragon mines by 3 milliseconds, for me it wasn´t much of a grind, I think it´s doable for anyone with practice. At first, I didn´t even touch the time trials, since I thought Oxide was impossible, if I knew it wasn´t as hard, I would´ve gotten the platinum earlier! That digital N. Tropy looks amazing!

Only 1 i have left is dragon mines. Absolute bitch of a track. I spent couple hours on it past night and one attempt was milliseconds off him so i took a break

I agree when i first started playing it i thought no way will i even get close to oxide. I thought ill get the ntrophy ones done and then see how good i get at it. 

• Like 1