Judgment Trophy Thoughts

MidnightDragon

This looks more of a hassle than Fist of the North Star JP, as demanding as Ishin's list. Welp, this plat ain't gonna earn itself, so I might as well do this as soon I get a copy of it.

And yes, I heard Mahjong is a requirement.

Edited by LunaKishi

I’ve been playing for week, so here is all info you should know.

for 100% completion you need:

many shogi challenges (not this bad with phone app, but tedious and time consuming)

there are 3 mahjong places with corresponding challenges, you need to win in special way, win at every table, tournaments and etc. in raw amount there are much more challenges for mahjong in this game that in any previous one.

The last one will be platinum breaker for most - Puyo Puyo. You need to beat every character and some of them appear only after 20+ streaks. This minigame is insane and ai is no joke. Unless you are a natural in tetrislike games you are gona have a hard time

Edited by Greidis
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

please no shogi or majohng im too brainlet to understand them

Both are required. The completion list is pretty hard. There are also 50 side missions and 50 friends to make within the game, both having hard criteria for some such as beating all the batting range games or coming first in all the drone races after finding and making all 100+ drone components. 

Its a long game but but it’s fun. I’m on over 100 hours and I’ve not even started my very hard NG yet...

• Like 1

Mahjong is pretty easy actually. I was scared when i made my 100% run on Yakuza 0 but i discovered its not awful.  

For Shogi, in Yakuza 0 there was a way to cheese it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejn8m9MbnjE

It might be the same here, if needed.

I heard people talking about Virtua Fighter or Puyo Puyo being required. Not sure how terrible it is.

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Same here... I've not played them in the games myself, but just reading about those is a bit much for me x.x

But I like the trophy images in this one.

Learning it is one thing especially since the games don't really explain them too well or at least in a way that's easy to understand for people that aren't from Japan and don't know what all the terms mean. More often than not trying to look up for tips there are either big paragraphs or people recommend watching some 3 hour video about how to play it.

And even then learning it won't really matter too much because the AI likes to favor the opponents more especially on the higher difficulty tables. I've had it happen multiple times where the match starts and before you can even really start making a good hand one or two of the AI opponents will call Riichi (basically meaning they have a way to win because they got a good hand and only need one more tile) or get a Tsumo (complete hand, winning the round) before you get to ten turns. Meanwhile the game will give tiles that you can barely work with most of the time and you struggle your way to making a good hand while it just seems like the opponents get them for nothing.

But wait, even if you get a good hand and call Riichi and need just one more tile, chances are one or more of the opponents will also call it which more often than not gives them the ability to steal a tile you need and will probably wind up doing just that. Or worse, you drop a tile that they need right when you think you're going to win. This is called a Ron and it feels like getting a knife through your chest every time.

In short, Mahjong truly is a soul-crushing and frustrating experience that I honestly can't understand how people can enjoy it and I feel like RGG know people hate it so that's why they put these ridiculous requirements in.

But that said yeah these games are great and I recommend to play them since the experience with them is great.

As for this one apart from Mahjong, I'm not good at Tetris like games and I assume Puyo Puyo is going to be really hard to do so I don't really see myself getting this Platinum sadly.

• Like 3

In fact after years of playing Yakuza games i started to really enjoy mahjong. I dont think AI is cheating, because this is like a game of poker and a chance is really the most important factor here. After you know the rules and have a good practice all this challenges will be not that really hard. The only one i particularly dont like is Three color straight. It is a really rare combination and farming for it can be soul crashing. I'm looking forward to start mahjond but Puyo Puyo is crashing me right now ? 

Edited by Greidis
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Greidis said:

The last one will be platinum breaker for most - Puyo Puyo. You need to beat every character and some of them appear only after 20+ streaks. This minigame is insane and ai is no joke. Unless you are a natural in tetrislike games you are gona have a hard time

That will be the rarest Yakuza Platinum of all times.

After reading powerpyx guide I realized that you need to do these insane puyo puyo, mahjong, baseball, gambling etc. challenges to get all 50 friends, complete all city- and shop-missions. Therefore I skip these trophies. You also need to do some shogi to date a girl, but shogi can be cheesed with an online tool.

Luckily the side missions do not have any of these requirements (I might be wrong on that).

Whatever, I won't get this platinum trophy. It's to much of a hassle. I just enjoy the rest of the game.

2 hours ago, majob said:

To the more experienced players, has anyone found an effective way to obtain money? I have practically nothing now and enemies rarely drop money

You get a lot of money from side-cases, and apparently the VR game gives a massive payout (I haven't unlocked the VR game yet though so idk how easy it is)

• Like 1

Mahjong is required for 100% completion, sadly. A lot of quests requires you to play those games all over again and again especially arcade games, blackjack, poker, eastern gambling games such as Mahjong are there.

I read that one of the friendship/side quests/relationship need you to beat a woman at Mahjong, and other is to beat a woman at Poker. Not looking forward to that, as the game does TEND to favour the AI (or just plain bad luck!)

I have tried playing Mahjong from Yakuza 0 and I still don't have a clue really. :lol:

18 minutes ago, KHDelBoy said:

Mahjong is required for 100% completion, sadly. A lot of quests requires you to play those games all over again and again especially arcade games, blackjack, poker, eastern gambling games such as Mahjong are there.

I read that one of the friendship/side quests/relationship need you to beat a woman at Mahjong, and other is to beat a woman at Poker. Not looking forward to that, as the game does TEND to favour the AI (or just plain bad luck!)

I have tried playing Mahjong from Yakuza 0 and I still don't have a clue really. :lol:

Both the friend requirements for those are easy. Poker you just need to win a single had two times. Mahjong you can cheat if you want, but she just wants you to win a game as the "wareme" at the parlor she runs. 

6 minutes ago, Gage said:

Both the friend requirements for those are easy. Poker you just need to win a single had two times. Mahjong you can cheat if you want, but she just wants you to win a game as the "wareme" at the parlor she runs. 

How can I cheat at mahjong and how does the game decide who is the wareme? I’ve been playing for hours and barely have a grasp on mahjong lol

7 minutes ago, ihasmudkips said:

How can I cheat at mahjong and how does the game decide who is the wareme? I’ve been playing for hours and barely have a grasp on mahjong lol

Buy the item from onodera that gives you the 9 gates hand. I wouldn't recommend doing that though unless you're incredibly stuck, as it's 10k SP each time. 

Wareme is random every round, you just have to keep playing until you get it, then try to get a decent hand to end the game. 

• Like 1

Mahjong is awesome, one of my favorite minigames in this series. I spent hours playing it just for fun since there's barely any Android game in EU Play Store so I can't play it properly anywhere else. There are some very handy Yakuza mahjong tutorials on Youtube and the rest you'll figure out for yourself.

On the other hand I've always cheated in Shogi, following video guides. I've no idea how to play it. Hope it's not gonna be a big grind.

4 minutes ago, Terminus124 said:

Mahjong is awesome, one of my favorite minigames in this series. I spent hours playing it just for fun since there's barely any Android game in EU Play Store so I can't play it properly anywhere else. There are some very handy Yakuza mahjong tutorials on Youtube and the rest you'll figure out for yourself.

On the other hand I've always cheated in Shogi, following video guides. I've no idea how to play it. Hope it's not gonna be a big grind.

you can still cheat shogi in this game. just download an app and use that to finish the shogi requirements.