Judgment Trophy Thoughts

MidnightDragon

21 minutes ago, explodinater said:

How do I use this app? It's all in Japanese so I'm not really sure what I'm doing

The menu is in Japanese as well for you? It's in English for me. The pieces aren't but just follow along where the AI moves them and it's easy enough to win

1 hour ago, explodinater said:

How do I use this app? It's all in Japanese so I'm not really sure what I'm doing

On Android "Shogi Free - Japanese Chess" by Cross Field Inc. Play practice mode, set AI to 15, change starting side to whichever is correct (I don't remember off hand) then flip your phone upside down and copy the console AI to your moves on the app which will be at the top, then the AI moves on the app to you on the console. 

Can also just use that basics of shogi book if you want but this is faster and the level 15 AI on the app normally wins very quick. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gage said:

On Android "Shogi Free - Japanese Chess" by Cross Field Inc. Play practice mode, set AI to 15, change starting side to whichever is correct (I don't remember off hand) then flip your phone upside down and copy the console AI to your moves on the app which will be at the top, then the AI moves on the app to you on the console. 

Can also just use that basics of shogi book if you want but this is faster and the level 15 AI on the app normally wins very quick. 

Ok I did this and the game finished on my phone but it didn't finish on Judgment? What happened?

12 minutes ago, explodinater said:

Ok I did this and the game finished on my phone but it didn't finish on Judgment? What happened?

You still have to actually be playing Judgment, this app doesn’t sync to your PS4. I think he’s trying to tell you to copy the moves from the app to the actual game, not just simply playing it on your phone.

18 minutes ago, explodinater said:

You didn't copy correctly, because the app won't ever forfeit seeing as you would be the one doing it. Half the time the AI in Judgment will forfeit before the app actually gets into checkmate. 

14 minutes ago, Gage said:

You didn't copy correctly, because the app won't ever forfeit seeing as you would be the one doing it. Half the time the AI in Judgment will forfeit before the app actually gets into checkmate. 

Yeah, I must've missed a move without realising because I won the 2nd one, thanks for the guide btw. Can you do the same thing with the challenge modes or are they different?

8 hours ago, explodinater said:

Yeah, I must've missed a move without realising because I won the 2nd one, thanks for the guide btw. Can you do the same thing with the challenge modes or are they different?

First challenge the only difference is you are missing the bottom left piece so it should be fine, worked for me. Puzzles there should be videos up by now to follow. 

7 minutes ago, Asimb0mb said:

Has anyone tried the Fighting Vipers minigame yet? Struggling way more with that than Puyo Puyo. I can't get past the third battle. Any tips would be great!

Play roller skate girl, jump and hit I think L2 and she'll grab them in midair and throw them. Most of the AI except the last two which you don't even need to beat should be easy enough to take out this way. 

17 hours ago, Gage said:

Play roller skate girl, jump and hit I think L2 and she'll grab them in midair and throw them. Most of the AI except the last two which you don't even need to beat should be easy enough to take out this way. 

I tried this with a few different button presses (not just L2), but she doesn't do the grab attack in midair, instead some sort of ground pound attack which sucks. The roller skate girl is the first one on the left, right? Just making sure.

On 7/6/2019 at 3:26 AM, Happy said:

Seen one or two people bring up the Y0 Mahjong guide so i’ve been wondering. Do you feel like this game needs its own Mahjong guide? 

No, I don't think so. The only difference to me is how the new rule set affects scoring. Aside from that, it plays pretty much the same way to me.

Something weird happened to me during Mahjong at Lullaby.

2 or 3 times, i had 4 melds and a pair and still i couldn't get the win.

Never experienced this when i 100% Yakuza 0 so i've no idea if this mahjong is any different in terms of rules.

ex: right now i have 4-5-6 red sign; 1-2-3 green; 5-5-5 black circles ; 6-6  green; 7-7-7 green (this one is revealed) and nothing i have to discard something.

Edited by Shorah-

4 hours ago, Shorah- said:

Never experienced this when i 100% Yakuza 0 so i've no idea if this mahjong is any different in terms of rules.

ex: right now i have 4-5-6 red sign; 1-2-3 green; 5-5-5 black circles ; 6-6  green; 7-7-7 green (this one is revealed) and nothing i have to discard something.

Same thing happened to me. I think it's because you have the two han minimum rule on. Not 100 percent tho

8 hours ago, Shorah- said:

It appears that your hand is lacking any yaku. Yaku are the center of the scoring system in Mahjong. They can be a lot of things, such as only having triplets for melds, having a dragon meld or only using tiles from one set.

While this advice probably comes a little late, here’s what you could have done in your example: Discard the green 1. If you were to now pull a green 4 you should be able to get the win as your hand now has the “All Simples” yaku for not including any terminals or honor tiles.

On 6-7-2019 at 5:34 PM, Asimb0mb said:

I tried this with a few different button presses (not just L2), but she doesn't do the grab attack in midair, instead some sort of ground pound attack which sucks. The roller skate girl is the first one on the left, right? Just making sure.

So I finished Fighting Vipers yesterday, even won one extra battle because I didn't realize I didn't have to do that extra battle. What I did was use the roller skater girl and spammed the up+right+circle attack, the one where she jumps up in the air and immediately kicks in front as well. This usually kicks the enemy straight into the wall, doing a pretty big chunk of damage. Unfortunately this isn't a cheese way to win this, you're still gonna need a lot of luck, especially for the last guy, but that's how I ended up doing it. I didn't know what else could have worked.

When you do decide to do this, make sure you check the list of enemies you have to beat beforehand so that you don't accidentally keep going after finishing the final enemy.

• Like 2

Drone racing is hard. Drone with good parts is fragile af. Any good build to win every race? Or maybe controle scheme? I've build all master parts but it's incredible hard to steer drone in narrow spaces.

Edited by Greidis

4 hours ago, Greidis said:

Drone racing is hard. Drone with good parts is fragile af. Any good build to win every race? Or maybe controle scheme? I've build all master parts but it's incredible hard to steer drone in narrow spaces.

Pick the chariot body and chuck all the best parts on it, Even though it only has 3 hits to destroy you'll be fast enough to take tight sections slowly and still win, then before doing the championship league, you'll unlock another body type which has rank s durability and 200 cost (S-One Adamant and whatever paint you pick), run Modded Thunder God Motor, S-One: S3 Propeller,  SMZ: Standard Turbo and Modded Akashic ESC. You will be fast enough and have plenty of durability to be able to knock into a few things and not really damage yourself, I also used that same setup to beat the time trials, although I think I may of chucked on the chariot body and made mine fast as hell for the first race as its a simple oval track.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, majob said:

Fighting Vipers has made me want to just throw my controller at the wall. Once you get to Stage 8, the AI basically manhandles you.

I dont believe you have to go that far into it, its only like the first 7 I believe, unless the people are random order, I dont think they are though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Surgical_Assault said:

I dont believe you have to go that far into it, its only like the first 7 I believe, unless the people are random order, I dont think they are though.

Well I haven't beaten Jane yet and Jane was who I faced at that point. I'm hoping to just start another run and face her early to get her checkpoint out of the way. Virtual Fighter 5 was way easier than this nightmare

1 hour ago, majob said:

Well I haven't beaten Jane yet and Jane was who I faced at that point. I'm hoping to just start another run and face her early to get her checkpoint out of the way. Virtual Fighter 5 was way easier than this nightmare

Yeah, you don't have to beat Jane. I made the same mistake of beating Jane and then realizing I didn't even need to beat her for the completion. The one before Jane, I think Raxel, is the one you have to beat last for the completion iirc.

Again, I urge everyone to check that Fighting Vipers character list before attempting to win against all of them. There's no way otherwise to know when you can quit.

Edited by Asimb0mb
  • Like 2

I'm brand new to this, so I'm sorry if I'm messing up any formatting here. I've sunk about 70 hours into this game and completed most of it, but I'm having similar struggles to other people. My main hang up is Puyo Puyo, and before I learned the three columns method, I had spent about 6 hours with it and never got past 3 opponents. With the three column method, and the video example shown in previous comments, I've spent 2-3 hours with it and gotten to 11, but never higher. I seem to get screwed by being "blocked in" by the blank Puyos later on, and it's been really difficult for me to dig myself out of that hole before it's too late and I've lost the match. Is this something I just need to spend more time on and hope I get lucky with the AI and what puyo combos drop? I don't mind more trial and error, I'm not very good at Puyo or games like it, but I wonder if I'm doing something wrong... Are there any other tips for the three column method that might help?

With the other arcade games like VF5 and Fighting Vipers, are there any other tested "cheese" methods besides the ones already mentioned? I'm open to trying all of them and will be posting my results with it here.

Thanks so much for this thread btw, it's been incredibly helpful. I would have given up on 100%ing this amazing game if not for this.

15 hours ago, Greidis said:

11 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Pick the chariot body and chuck all the best parts on it, Even though it only has 3 hits to destroy you'll be fast enough to take tight sections slowly and still win, then before doing the championship league, you'll unlock another body type which has rank s durability and 200 cost (S-One Adamant and whatever paint you pick), run Modded Thunder God Motor, S-One: S3 Propeller,  SMZ: Standard Turbo and Modded Akashic ESC. You will be fast enough and have plenty of durability to be able to knock into a few things and not really damage yourself, I also used that same setup to beat the time trials, although I think I may of chucked on the chariot body and made mine fast as hell for the first race as its a simple oval track.

This works. I'd seen some people suggest buying the DLC for the extra drones if you're struggling a lot, but personally this worked great for me. The only other thing I can think to suggest, and I'm uncertain if anyone else has, is to back out of the Grand Prix any time you get first and are moving onto the next round and make a save before moving on. If you do that, you can essentially quit and reload the game any time you don't get first, and that way you don't have to start over from the very beginning of the Grand Prix every time, saved me from a lot of pain lol

1 hour ago, AnnalieseQ said:

I'm brand new to this, so I'm sorry if I'm messing up any formatting here. I've sunk about 70 hours into this game and completed most of it, but I'm having similar struggles to other people. My main hang up is Puyo Puyo, and before I learned the three columns method, I had spent about 6 hours with it and never got past 3 opponents. With the three column method, and the video example shown in previous comments, I've spent 2-3 hours with it and gotten to 11, but never higher. I seem to get screwed by being "blocked in" by the blank Puyos later on, and it's been really difficult for me to dig myself out of that hole before it's too late and I've lost the match. Is this something I just need to spend more time on and hope I get lucky with the AI and what puyo combos drop? I don't mind more trial and error, I'm not very good at Puyo or games like it, but I wonder if I'm doing something wrong... Are there any other tips for the three column method that might help?

With the other arcade games like VF5 and Fighting Vipers, are there any other tested "cheese" methods besides the ones already mentioned? I'm open to trying all of them and will be posting my results with it here.

Thanks so much for this thread btw, it's been incredibly helpful. I would have given up on 100%ing this amazing game if not for this.

Sometimes you just get rekt in Puyo Puyo, no way to avoid that. Keep playing and eventually you'll get to 30+.

For VF5 you pick that woman with military clothing, I believe Vanessa was her name, then spam circle. That makes every opponent trivial and has a high success rate against the final boss.

For Fighting Vipers the AI can't deal with crouching punches and kicks, spamming those works very well. Once you reach Jane as an opponent you can stop because she isn't required for completion and neither is the character that comes after her.

• Like 1