MidnightDragon

Judgment Trophy Thoughts

143 posts in this topic

A question about Mahjong. When Riichi has been called, I sometimes get two options: left 1 or 2 tiles.

Which one is the best option?

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Greidis said:

Drone racing is hard. Drone with good parts is fragile af. Any good build to win every race? Or maybe controle scheme? I've build all master parts but it's incredible hard to steer drone in narrow spaces.

You can check this page: https://rosetrend1.com/2019/01/03/ジャッジアイズタイムアタック/

There's basically 2 builds he uses, the high-speed build for courses 1, 2, 6, 7, and a durability build for the rest. The high speed build is the same as Surgical mentioned but for durability, you replace the frame with S-One Adamant and the turbo with Standard Turbo. I completed all the time attack challenges with these 2 builds, though there were around 4 courses where the times were incredibly tight. You really have to master racing indoors and know how to slow down properly.

Edited by RollinKaiserRoll

4 hours ago, AnnalieseQ said:

I'm brand new to this, so I'm sorry if I'm messing up any formatting here. I've sunk about 70 hours into this game and completed most of it, but I'm having similar struggles to other people. My main hang up is Puyo Puyo, and before I learned the three columns method, I had spent about 6 hours with it and never got past 3 opponents. With the three column method, and the video example shown in previous comments, I've spent 2-3 hours with it and gotten to 11, but never higher. I seem to get screwed by being "blocked in" by the blank Puyos later on, and it's been really difficult for me to dig myself out of that hole before it's too late and I've lost the match. Is this something I just need to spend more time on and hope I get lucky with the AI and what puyo combos drop? I don't mind more trial and error, I'm not very good at Puyo or games like it, but I wonder if I'm doing something wrong... Are there any other tips for the three column method that might help?

With the other arcade games like VF5 and Fighting Vipers, are there any other tested "cheese" methods besides the ones already mentioned? I'm open to trying all of them and will be posting my results with it here.

Thanks so much for this thread btw, it's been incredibly helpful. I would have given up on 100%ing this amazing game if not for this.

The Puyo Puyo challenge was the biggest wall for me, never played it before and it took me many hours over the course of 2-3 days. I've also used the 3 column method and like you, my wins were incredibly inconsistent. I only had 2 14 opponent wins, a 24 win, and the rest were early defeats. When I finally beat it, I was at 54 wins so luck is definitely a factor. Just keep at it. Also move quick. If you give your opponent too much time, they are going to hit you first and you will completely lose momentum. Keep building your 3 columns to increase your chance of combos while working the left most column and clearing out the left side when you can.

For VF5, I used Jean and spammed punch. In fact, I spammed punch while not looking at the screen and was able to clear the first 7 opponents with little effort. I made 2 attempts with Dural with this method with the first ending as a 1-2 loss but it was close. Second attempt, it was 1-1 with the final round going similarly to the first attempt. Dural got smart and started spamming low attacks and I did the same after withering her health with punch spam and got lucky. It was incredibly close.

10 hours ago, AnnalieseQ said:

I'm brand new to this, so I'm sorry if I'm messing up any formatting here. I've sunk about 70 hours into this game and completed most of it, but I'm having similar struggles to other people. My main hang up is Puyo Puyo, and before I learned the three columns method, I had spent about 6 hours with it and never got past 3 opponents. With the three column method, and the video example shown in previous comments, I've spent 2-3 hours with it and gotten to 11, but never higher. I seem to get screwed by being "blocked in" by the blank Puyos later on, and it's been really difficult for me to dig myself out of that hole before it's too late and I've lost the match. Is this something I just need to spend more time on and hope I get lucky with the AI and what puyo combos drop? I don't mind more trial and error, I'm not very good at Puyo or games like it, but I wonder if I'm doing something wrong... Are there any other tips for the three column method that might help?

With the other arcade games like VF5 and Fighting Vipers, are there any other tested "cheese" methods besides the ones already mentioned? I'm open to trying all of them and will be posting my results with it here.

Thanks so much for this thread btw, it's been incredibly helpful. I would have given up on 100%ing this amazing game if not for this.

Try to fill the first 2 columns and when you are filling the 3 column you should always prepare the 4th column with the same colour as the bottom. I had the same Problems like you at first because I was just stupid and filled the 3 columns as fast as possible. Sometimes it is really bad luck and you just get screwed but don´t give up, you will have your lucky run.

I used the fish, because he Can screw you over. The worst opponents which screw you over are the bear and the jojo guy (in my opinion). Try to Combo them fast so they are not able to make a good build. If you get some of the early Girls as Opponent I would suggest to clean your board of unnecessary puyos to start fresh for harder opponents. It´s Sound trivial but it has a big Impact to know the strenght of each Opponent to see when you are able to relax a bit and when to be fast in your playstyle.

This are the only tips I Can give, good luck!

13 hours ago, Inuty said:

Try to fill the first 2 columns and when you are filling the 3 column you should always prepare the 4th column with the same colour as the bottom. I had the same Problems like you at first because I was just stupid and filled the 3 columns as fast as possible. Sometimes it is really bad luck and you just get screwed but don´t give up, you will have your lucky run.

I used the fish, because he Can screw you over. The worst opponents which screw you over are the bear and the jojo guy (in my opinion). Try to Combo them fast so they are not able to make a good build. If you get some of the early Girls as Opponent I would suggest to clean your board of unnecessary puyos to start fresh for harder opponents. It´s Sound trivial but it has a big Impact to know the strenght of each Opponent to see when you are able to relax a bit and when to be fast in your playstyle.

This are the only tips I Can give, good luck!

This is a really good point! This is exactly what I've been doing, just filling three columns as fast as possible. I will try and prepare that fourth row at the bottom to be cleared. I've gotten better at clearing the board quickly when those blank puyos start rolling in, I got over 15 but unfortunately lost to Sig. I panicked and started overthinking, which really slowed me down. Ready to try again, especially using this new advice. Thank you!

On 7/10/2019 at 1:43 AM, Sensi_82 said:

A question about Mahjong. When Riichi has been called, I sometimes get two options: left 1 or 2 tiles.

Which one is the best option?

It depends. Generally, it's better to use the option where any of 2 different tiles can make your hand a winning one, as you have a bigger chance for one of your opponents discarding the title you need. However, you shall also keep an eye on how many of the tiles are still in the deck (you see a small number in the corner of the tile). For example, if you can pick an option where two different tiles can make you win, but there are 1 of each in the deck, then you have quite a slim chance that someone will discard it. Compared to it, if you have an option for only one tile to make you win, and let's say there are 3 copies of the tile in the deck, then you should go for that one.

12 minutes ago, Cortez71 said:

It depends. Generally, it's better to use the option where any of 2 different tiles can make your hand a winning one, as you have a bigger chance for one of your opponents discarding the title you need. However, you shall also keep an eye on how many of the tiles are still in the deck (you see a small number in the corner of the tile). For example, if you can pick an option where two different tiles can make you win, but there are 1 of each in the deck, then you have quite a slim chance that someone will discard it. Compared to it, if you have an option for only one tile to make you win, and let's say there are 3 copies of the tile in the deck, then you should go for that one.

Yes, after playing more games I figured that out eventually for myself. When I posted the question, I didn’t see the yellow numbers yet. But after noticing them, it became clear. Thanks for your full answer.

Just done with Mahjong BTW. The last goal was Three Color Straight. Last night nearly got it, but got to bed after hours of playing. And today after 15 minutes, I got it after a few tries. The last tile, grabbed it with Ron. Wow, such a relief!

Now at 99,9% = with the last Mount Everest hurdle - Puyo Puyo. No going back now.

Apologies for sort of hijacking the thread, but I wanted to post an update about the Puyo Puyo thing. After following all the advice in this thread, I actually got to the final rival after 26 turns. Unfortunately, I lost to her because my luck on the two rounds before her was really terrible, so it sort of snowballed out of control. I would personally say there's a bit of skill involved, but if you keep practicing with the three column method, you'll eventually get it. I basically combined everything I've read here and kept trying, and I'm hoping today I can finally finish it. 

For anyone else who gets stuck and possibly reads this, I'll give a quick rundown! So, it seems like the final rival doesn't show up until after 20 rounds. Once you've defeated him, you'll want to play at the fish dude. Use the three column method as shown in previous comments. Fill up two entire columns on the right side of the screen, and as you're bringing down more puyos for the third, set up the fourth column so that you can create chains with the third and potentially other columns. Most of the time should be spent refilling the first three columns and trying to create chains with the fourth that overlaps with the other columns. If you have "garbage" puyos, toss them to the left side, but try and stay on top of them as well as you can to clear them. There are a few characters who will show up frequently who are extremely easy to get past, so use that time to clear out any blank puyos or any of your "discard pile". If you happen to be about to defeat a rival and have a chain coming up, try and wait until they are completely off the screen and the next round starts to finish the chain you were making, because any chains you make while there is no rival on the screen don't actually count against anyone, so you are essentially wasting chains. Eventually you will get much better at creating chains without really having to think about it, but obviously there's not much advice that will help you get there, just time and practice. When it comes to the harder rivals (the bear, the witch, and Sig in particular) try to think as quickly and efficiently as you can, because they are probably the most capable of overwhelming you with chains and really screwing you over. Finally, I'm 100% convinced a huge portion of this comes down to luck. Once you've become efficient enough to create really crazy chains, I don't think there's much more skill you can implement. Some runs are going to be completely unlucky for you, just down to the way the puyos spawn. I can easily get to 20+ rounds now, but I have still lost multiple times within the first three rounds just due to luck. 

Lastly, if you keep losing or are getting really frustrated, move on for a bit. When you get flustered, it's really easy to panic and overthink things, and you will end up shooting yourself in the foot. There are many, many challenges to do, so hopefully you can balance some of those in while you're struggling with Puyo. 

I'll probably update again when I beat the other arcade games.

4 hours ago, AnnalieseQ said:

Apologies for sort of hijacking the thread, but I wanted to post an update about the Puyo Puyo thing. After following all the advice in this thread, I actually got to the final rival after 26 turns. Unfortunately, I lost to her because my luck on the two rounds before her was really terrible, so it sort of snowballed out of control. I would personally say there's a bit of skill involved, but if you keep practicing with the three column method, you'll eventually get it. I basically combined everything I've read here and kept trying, and I'm hoping today I can finally finish it. 

For anyone else who gets stuck and possibly reads this, I'll give a quick rundown! So, it seems like the final rival doesn't show up until after 20 rounds. Once you've defeated him, you'll want to play at the fish dude. Use the three column method as shown in previous comments. Fill up two entire columns on the right side of the screen, and as you're bringing down more puyos for the third, set up the fourth column so that you can create chains with the third and potentially other columns. Most of the time should be spent refilling the first three columns and trying to create chains with the fourth that overlaps with the other columns. If you have "garbage" puyos, toss them to the left side, but try and stay on top of them as well as you can to clear them. There are a few characters who will show up frequently who are extremely easy to get past, so use that time to clear out any blank puyos or any of your "discard pile". If you happen to be about to defeat a rival and have a chain coming up, try and wait until they are completely off the screen and the next round starts to finish the chain you were making, because any chains you make while there is no rival on the screen don't actually count against anyone, so you are essentially wasting chains. Eventually you will get much better at creating chains without really having to think about it, but obviously there's not much advice that will help you get there, just time and practice. When it comes to the harder rivals (the bear, the witch, and Sig in particular) try to think as quickly and efficiently as you can, because they are probably the most capable of overwhelming you with chains and really screwing you over. Finally, I'm 100% convinced a huge portion of this comes down to luck. Once you've become efficient enough to create really crazy chains, I don't think there's much more skill you can implement. Some runs are going to be completely unlucky for you, just down to the way the puyos spawn. I can easily get to 20+ rounds now, but I have still lost multiple times within the first three rounds just due to luck. 

Lastly, if you keep losing or are getting really frustrated, move on for a bit. When you get flustered, it's really easy to panic and overthink things, and you will end up shooting yourself in the foot. There are many, many challenges to do, so hopefully you can balance some of those in while you're struggling with Puyo. 

Good job on your progress. One thing to note, most of the info I've seen seem to place the final opponent appearing at 25+ rounds.

So i’m done with Mahjong. In my opinion it was harder than yakuza 0 so you might need some tips.

1- always refuse to chi pon or kan. Plenty of time i had a complete hand and game didnt give me the win because it considered my hand is not worth any point (han). I’m still unsure why we have the possibility to get a kan (four of same tile). It doesnt give any bonus and reveal your hand (?)

2- honestly easy table is not easier. Its just cheaper but the enemy can still have a crazy richi in 2 turns.

3- always press square every single turn if youre a beginner to know if you can richii / open richii.

4- the strategy: discard dragon if no pair. Discard winds if no pair even if its « your » wind. Then discard any 1 9 alone. Then 2 8... 

5- Mahjong is basically poker. You have to think about stats. A pair of something has only 2 chances to become a triplet. 5 or 6 suited is 8 chances to become a straight. 

6- you dont need the cheat item to get all achievements. The hardest one is just 6 han. With richii, fully concealed hand you already have 2 points. Then you need 2 or 3 dora and another han to get your points. Tachibana mahjong is easier because there are 2 doras in play.

hope it helps.

i’m still very beginner at mahjong. I have 0 idea of any special hands (except seven pairs) and you dont need to get that deep into the game.

Any tips for drone racing? The last grand prix is impossible for me. Shall I bite the bullet and buy the DLC with the superdrone? I got everything else quite easily in KamuroGO, but I hate this minigame with all my heart - I always sucked in racing games, and will definitely not want to get better.

7 hours ago, Shorah- said:

So i’m done with Mahjong. In my opinion it was harder than yakuza 0 so you might need some tips.

1- always refuse to chi pon or kan. Plenty of time i had a complete hand and game didnt give me the win because it considered my hand is not worth any point (han). I’m still unsure why we have the possibility to get a kan (four of same tile). It doesnt give any bonus and reveal your hand (?)

2- honestly easy table is not easier. Its just cheaper but the enemy can still have a crazy richi in 2 turns.

3- always press square every single turn if youre a beginner to know if you can richii / open richii.

4- the strategy: discard dragon if no pair. Discard winds if no pair even if its « your » wind. Then discard any 1 9 alone. Then 2 8... 

5- Mahjong is basically poker. You have to think about stats. A pair of something has only 2 chances to become a triplet. 5 or 6 suited is 8 chances to become a straight. 

6- you dont need the cheat item to get all achievements. The hardest one is just 6 han. With richii, fully concealed hand you already have 2 points. Then you need 2 or 3 dora and another han to get your points. Tachibana mahjong is easier because there are 2 doras in play.

hope it helps.

i’m still very beginner at mahjong. I have 0 idea of any special hands (except seven pairs) and you dont need to get that deep into the game.

1- Wrong. Chi, Pon and Kan help you form special hands much easier. The three color straight is way easier using Chi, the same goes for a full straight. Pon helps you for forming an all Triplets hand, half Flush etc. Know your hands and those tools can help you out a lot. The only difference is that Chi can only be used on the opponent sitting left from you, a Pon and Kan can be performed on any opponent, that should be considered in the point you make in 5.

3- Never open riichi unless at least 1 opponent is already in riichi.

4- This is completely wrong and a horrible strategy. Since the AI tends to discard wind and dragon tiles you can safely assume that you can at least build a pair. Example: you have an East tile and there is only 1 more East tile left in the game. The AI can't build a hand with that tile, if you're in Riichi you have an almost guaranteed way of getting a pair and thus winning the round. Those tiles are also safe discards when the opponents are in Riichi, that way it's very unlikely you run into a Ron.

6- you need to win 30 hands in Tachibana Mahjong anyway, it's 100% impossible to not get a 6 Han during one of those wins there.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Cortez71 said:

Any tips for drone racing? The last grand prix is impossible for me. Shall I bite the bullet and buy the DLC with the superdrone? I got everything else quite easily in KamuroGO, but I hate this minigame with all my heart - I always sucked in racing games, and will definitely not want to get better.

Definitely buy the DLC, it helps to win (all the races) in the champions league.

The drones in the package have enough armor to survive the races if you make a few mistakes.

Plus you can add the best parts to it, without worrying about build points.

Not the races but the time trials are the hardest of the bunch.

The best strategy is to get first time trial gold on track #1 of the champions league, use for this Single Race.

Restarting is very quick in this mode, so you can use your time efficiently to learn the track. When you nailed it, save!

Win the same race in the champions league, I got it almost on my first try each time, thanks to Time Trial! Repeat the cycle with race #2 of the champions league; first Time Trial and second beat Grand Prix. You can make a few mistakes in Time Trial, but the turbo boost at the start en the use of turbo pads + boosts are essential to pass. Settle down with the accelerator at twisty sections for better control and learn to (not) use your turbo boost at specific parts of the course.  

So practice during Time Trial is key. When you beat that, beating CPU in champions league is no longer a problem anymore. First learn to the track, know where to turbo boost, improve your time and back off when you get frustrated. 

Edited by Sensi_82

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Shorah- said:

hope it helps.

any tips on learning mahjong? ive played so many yakuza games but always skip mahjong, shogi and all the other japanese gambling games like koi-koi, did you just use the yakuza 0 mahjong guide? i haven't really looked at that

Edited by DEI2EK

10 hours ago, Cortez71 said:

S-ONE Adamant frame

Thunder god motor

S-ONE S3 propeller

Low cost turbo

Lightspeed ESC

That will give you S rank speed on a 200 durability frame with no DLC. The turbo and handling stats aren't that important.

I’m surprised Maguro isn’t mentioned much for Puyo Puyo as a tough opponent. He’s annoying as hell and keeps clinging on, even though he gets chained a lot. Lost many games thanks to him, the bear is mostly easy for me. Have to keep going :(

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

any tips on learning mahjong? ive played so many yakuza games but always skip mahjong, shogi and all the other japanese gambling games like koi-koi, did you just use the yakuza 0 mahjong guide? i haven't really looked at that

Barticle has a very good guide about mahjong in yakuza.

He updated it for Judgment.

Edited by Shorah-

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, vgor1988 said:

1- Wrong. Chi, Pon and Kan help you form special hands much easier. The three color straight is way easier using Chi, the same goes for a full straight. Pon helps you for forming an all Triplets hand, half Flush etc. Know your hands and those tools can help you out a lot. The only difference is that Chi can only be used on the opponent sitting left from you, a Pon and Kan can be performed on any opponent, that should be considered in the point you make in 5.

That means nothing. For a person who doesn't understand what a yaku is a Chi, Pon, or Kan can be the difference between a completed hand or frustration. Telling someone to steal tiles is one of the worst things you can do when they're learning mahjong because they not only don't know specific hands at that point but it also opens their hand making it even harder for them to understand why the 14 tiles they have assembled correctly aren't working. Some yaku can't even be done with an open hand like a Pinfu or an Iipeikou which are very basic and staple hands, and if a person thinks a dora or red dora will net them a yaku they'll also be in trouble despite it counting during the point calculation. Yeah, if you know what you're doing then steal what you need when you need it, but no beginner player should be stealing tiles until they understand how yakus work. It's like telling someone playing Koi-koi to discard cards that don't match hoping for the deck to draw them something good when all it does is feed the opponent's junk pile or even net them a win. The only exception to this is closed Kans (Not stolen ones) because if you can make a winning hand with another dora revealed that's in your favor, but that's up to you to decide if you want to risk that or not.

3- Never open riichi unless at least 1 opponent is already in riichi.

Or if it's really early on in the game. You rely almost entirely on a tsumo because no one is ever going to discard what you need and will rework their entire hand to do just that. Heck, an open riichi can end up disrupting the entire game and let you end the match on a draw up to 2000 points richer. With more tiles in the draw pile you at least have a chance to get what you need, and relying on another player's riichi is much harder to work from because you also end up potentially discarding into their hand too.

4- This is completely wrong and a horrible strategy. Since the AI tends to discard wind and dragon tiles you can safely assume that you can at least build a pair. Example: you have an East tile and there is only 1 more East tile left in the game. The AI can't build a hand with that tile, if you're in Riichi you have an almost guaranteed way of getting a pair and thus winning the round. Those tiles are also safe discards when the opponents are in Riichi, that way it's very unlikely you run into a Ron.

Except it is always worth discarding wind tiles first followed by dragon tiles. Unless you already have a pair the chance of you drawing the third is really low considering the amount of honor tiles available. Using them as a pair isn't something that should be considered regularly either because you can get way better hands from other drawn tiles or at least push yourself into a much better winning hand direction. Getting a working hand is much easier with the worry-free discards and gives you more options to work from. Identical Sequences, Three Color Straights, All Simples, Full Flushes, and so on can be done much easier and gain you many more points than sitting on a pair of honor tiles. People here aren't playing against others in real life and trolling them by getting a 1 han ron while ruining their hand to see a reaction, they're playing against an AI that can reliably read discards and possibly know what you have in your hand at times even without stealing tiles or declaring open riichi.

If you can get a double wind like Double East (Since I doubt people are playing full games), that makes sense, or if you are nearing the end of the round and desperately need a yaku and happen to draw some, but otherwise they should be only considered if you already start with something like double North, you're in North, and within five draws you can get a drawn (Not stolen) North. Or if you're close to something like Little Four Winds, Big Four Winds, or All Honors. Dragons are much more reliable to work with, but again, unless you luck out the honor tiles require more work on your end to get a decent hand and lock you out of some decent ones you can make valued more than just their 1 han.

Edited by soliunasm

All right, so I finally completed literally everything in the game! I will be writing up a lengthy pseudo-guide for the more difficult challenges, both city and shop missions included.926cc4294b.jpg

On 12.7.2019 at 11:15 AM, Cortez71 said:

Another tip for the last Grand Prix: You can quit,save and resume between races and reload if you didn't reach 1st place. (Wasn't obvious for me at first, so maybe it will help some)

8 hours ago, Kevmar1987 said:

Another tip for the last Grand Prix: You can quit,save and resume between races and reload if you didn't reach 1st place. (Wasn't obvious for me at first, so maybe it will help some)

Yeah, thanks, I also did this. Also, another tip: try to do the time trial for certain missions before attempting them in the Grand Prix. I.e. if you need reach the third Champion GP map, have some test flights on the map separately and try to meet the time trial target. By the time you can clear it, you will learn the map enough to have first place in the map.

On 7/11/2019 at 4:29 PM, AnnalieseQ said:

i am currently struggling with this shit....My max is 22 wins 

2 minutes ago, Adaminho11 said:

i am currently struggling with this shit....My max is 22 wins 

It probably took me 6 or 7 runs of 20+ to get it finally, it really comes down to luck. One thing that helped me was blasting music and turning the game audio all the way down so I couldn't hear the audio cue of the new rivals, that way I didn't freak myself out whenever the bear or Sig would show up. I imagine this wouldn't work for everyone though, because some people like to be able to save better plays for the harder rivals and "cleaning the board" for the easier ones. I have to say, it is mostly luck, and if you keep trying, you will eventually get it!

1 minute ago, AnnalieseQ said:

It probably took me 6 or 7 runs of 20+ to get it finally, it really comes down to luck. One thing that helped me was blasting music and turning the game audio all the way down so I couldn't hear the audio cue of the new rivals, that way I didn't freak myself out whenever the bear or Sig would show up. I imagine this wouldn't work for everyone though, because some people like to be able to save better plays for the harder rivals and "cleaning the board" for the easier ones. I have to say, it is mostly luck, and if you keep trying, you will eventually get it!

Thanks buddy! 

Posted (edited)

I've been playing for more than 5 hours of puyo. The best i did is around 15 and thats like 20 mins of god run.

This is just luck, if the enemy has a 3 or 4 chain, game over. 

Btw i have no clue how you recognize you're facing a rival or not.

Most of my runs are killed in the first 5 wins, and there is nothing i can do.

Edited by Shorah-