Should I bother?

Sebulba2000

I've finished UC3 recently and I'll probably be done with UC2 this week... But then there's this game, I have it and never, ever actually started it. Should I bother doing the online trophies? How long they take? Are they doable? I can dedicate a lot of time, but prefer not to, because I want to spend more time with my girlfriend and my friends instea of playing all these games before they shut them down lol

EDIT: Nothing will be endangered, when I chose to dedicate this game. I still spent a lot of time with my loved ones, but I'd like to finally take a break from all this boosting and maybe even a bit of gaming lol.

Another thing I'd like to point out is the fact, I'm a completionist and won't leave any game incomplete or even worse, with unobtainable trophies. I'm a 100% guy, I'm not happy with just the plat.

Edited by Sebulba2000

Took me about 5 days of 2-3 hr boosting with a full team and skipping in game days. I don't know if it is worth it for you after already doing UC 2&3 though. I have no interest in doing those after this game, but my main concern was just to not get locked out of the plat. If you can get a solid group of 8 then I would knock it out but otherwise, I wouldn't worry bout it.

6 hours ago, Sebulba2000 said:

I bother doing the online trophies? How long they take? Are they doable? I can dedicate a lot of time, but prefer not to, because I want to spend more time with my girlfriend and my friends instea of playing all these games before they shut them down lol

Sounds like you answered your own question tbh, but like some have said here; playing the ps4 version is better at this point.

Though; if you're a player that prefers the original experience and you can access the mp for free; then yes the 4 mp trophies that are required for the platinum trophy should at least still be doable: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/348-the-last-of-us-trophy-guide

Getting all the mp trophies might be impossible, unless you utilize boosting sessions: 

https://psnprofiles.com/sessions/1989-the-last-of-us

A good introduction/guide to the mp would also probably be necessary since the skill required ramps up quite a bit from the sp (even if you've finished the game on grounded). I can recommend TLOU-strategist's guides, even-though they're a bit old at this point: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVzX1W5CTNveW6IAUsdsIdOdFmlnqjlsb

Also, the PS3 freezes while trying to connect normally to the mp (Factions).

This issue is caused by the Facebook support/feature being removed from the PS3 system a couple of years ago.

Though, there is a work-around:

1. Select Factions and then click the PS-button asap on your controller (i.e. switch/exit to xmb) while it's connecting.

2. Wait at least 10 seconds, and then click the PS-button again.

3. You should now be able to access the multiplayer.

Edited by Quaddo1
grammar

Spend more time with your girlfriend. She will appreciate that you decided to spend time with her over playing this game. The Last of Us is a good game but isn't so good that you should endanger your love life just to play it; I feel decide to make a bad decision or your girlfriend insists you don't spend time with her because you need to play this for some reason, I left some 99% spoiler free information that may help.

You have a month or two to get the multiplayer trophies. In a boosting session they only take a afternoon or two. The single player isn't going anywhere so you could just get the multiplayer trophies and leave the single player for later. This is a link to a forum post that has some multiplayer tips and explains how it all works. It may contain minor spoilers.

The Last of Us takes at least 3 single player playthroughs and 24+ hours of unboosted multiplayer for the platinum. Boosting the multiplayer is the only reasonable way to get most of the DLC trophies but boosting isn't required for the four multiplayer trophies for the platinum. The single player requires 3 runs. Your first run can be on any difficultly but it's highly recommend you get all of the collectables, survive every joke and open all the shiv doors on this run since it's harder on later runs. After completing the game once you unlock survivor difficulty and your main task in that run is too collect as many upgrade parts and supplements as possible. Survivor difficulty takes away your listen ability and crafting components are very rare; shiv door will be your main cause of stress if you decide to do collectables on this difficulty. The run after that is Survivor+ which is just survivor but you get to keep all the upgrades you unlocked from your survivor playthrough; you're goal is to finish your weapon and character upgrades.

The highest difficulty is technically grounded but it's $5 in my country and I'm too cheap to actually buy it. The DLC will give you a gold trophy for beating it on the normal and new game plus variants. It's very likely that it will unlock the survivor and lower difficulty trophies after completion; I have not seen anything confirming or denying this yet.

Yes, the PS3 freezes while trying to connect normally to the mp (Factions).

This issue is caused by the Facebook support/feature being removed from the PS3 system a couple of years ago.

Though, there is a work-around:

1. Select Factions and then click the PS-button asap on your controller (i.e. switch/exit to xmb) while it's connecting.

2. Wait at least 10 seconds, and then click the PS-button again.

3. You should now be able to access the multiplayer.

• Like 1