What killed your completion rate? Did you hide those trophies?

Segimon

This is my first thread so I apologize if there was already a duplicate or if I listed anything on the wrong topic.

What, if anything, did you do that killed your completion rate? And did you hide those trophies too? This excludes 0% lists.

This is what killed mine: it took me a while to understand the trophy system and this site because a few years ago, I only played games for the fun of it. I didn’t know what trophies were. So one day I tried a trial for PSNow in hopes to get as much trophies as I can once I knew about them. Only thing is that I didn’t realize that trying so much games would murder my completion rate. Now I have 21 games that I don’t own with either 1-3 trophies unlocked, with one being unattainable. This dropped my completion rate by almost 10%. I don’t hide trophies. Even though I wish I could hide these.

• Like 1

Getting old, getting married, and having a kid killed my completion rate. I still haven’t hid my age or family because of it. 

Come to think of it, I probably have the highest completion rate on PS3+ than any other consoles I’ve owned... I doubt I would have a completion rate above 25% on anything from NES through PS2. 

Me 10+ years ago getting a game like MAG or Warhawk and then not playing them long enough because I didn't really mind trophies that much at the time and neither did I really care about MP stuff. So it was really me who set up my own demise from the start, and before I even started caring about trophies to boot. At least I have an appropriate use for this picture now :P

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

But no I haven't hid my trophies and there really isn't much I can do about the stuff I haven't completed and can't complete anyway.

9 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Come to think of it, I probably have the highest completion rate on PS3+ than any other consoles I’ve owned... I doubt I would have a completion rate above 25% on anything from NES through PS2. 

As far as finishing games on non-trophy consoles, I have mostly been pretty good about finishing games. My worst console is the N64 with 0%. I got my N64 in 2013 and the best game I had was Wave Race 64. The other N64 gamesI have are sports game, Forsanken 64 (It didn't like to work) and Zena Warrior Princess. I have lost all intrest in playing my N64. I completed 1/7 Dreamcast games I owned, that game being House of the Dead 2. I was able to finish two whole games on my Sega Mega Drive, Earth Worm Jim 2 and Mortal Kombat (on very easy but I was like 5). I remember owning about 20 games on the Mega Drive; my memory is very foggy since I haven't played the thing since I was 7 and I don't know what became of it. I finshed 9/12 PS1 games I owned, 10/11 PS2 games, 1/1 GBA games, all my DS games, 14/17 3DS games, 16/16 Wii games and 15/15 Wii U games. I only counted the physical 3DS, Wii and Wii U games because I didn't feel like counting up all those. I was pretty good about finishing digital games as well so not too many were left unfinished.

I'm competition rate on PS3, PS4 and Vita wasn't very high. When I joined PSNP my rate was around 30%. It's at 56% right now. I'll never have a 100% because I know 5 games with shutdown servers. PlayStation Home is the game that first broke the 100% completion for me. I can't delete any of those games because I earned a trophy in them. I deleted a few 0% games because they were multiplayer games with dying/dead servers or games so bad I just didn't want to bother with them.

I really enjoy world war themed games.  I have a fascination with that time period.  So I wanted to play Call of Duty: WW2.  Didn't realize that even if I didn't own them that the DLC counted towards my completion percentage, I don't play zombies.  So there goes that as it will never be completed and even after getting carried through a few games of zombies for a couple trophies, I still sit at ~50% on that games and it will never go up.    I've also participated in site events where I dove all my games to try and make it up over the year.  Then a lot of new games came out lol.   I have a tough time not worrying about completion percentage but it's taught me to finally sit down over the last few months and play through games fully.  Games are much easier when you play them a lot instead of trying to get trophies in 15 games all at the same time.

I don't care about my completion rate, just the platinums I can get. I usually buy games I like and platinum the ones I can (that aren't super long >150 hours, or super hard that I can't do) but I dont bother with games I ended up not liking.

Games that decreased my %

FFX: Loved the game but couldn't manage the plat with the chocobo game

Disgaea 4 and 5: These games are waaaay to hard and grindy to plat

KH 1.5+ 2.5: Too difficult and long for me, Im not great at KH and just about manage normal mode, so the proud and critical mode trophies were out of the question for me

Tales of Zestiria and ToS Dawn of the new world: I love Tales series and have every Tales plat except this and Symphonia. I hated Zestiria so much that I struggled to just finish the game, forget post game and the plat. Too boring. 

Tales of Symphonia: Not hard but super long, needing 5 playthroughs, 150 hours of time and a lot of patience not being able to skip scenes.

Persona 4 Golden: I couldn't really get into this game so I never finished it. I might go back to it one day, but its been years already and i haven't

i didn't hide any of them though

My completion rate is actually pretty high, it I activity try to complete every game I play.

That said the main things pulling down my completion rate are:

DLC for games I rented: Walking Dead, Alice: Madness Returns, Etc.  Had fun, got the plat, but I'm not buying add-ons for games I don't actually own.

Dead or Alive Last Round: I can't do the combos. I know, I'm I scrub and a loser, but after four hours trying to do one fairly easy combo I know when I'm beat.  

Dark Souls 1: I got really sick when I was playing this the first time and didn't complete it.  Moreover, all the save data is on my old PS3.  My desire to do the whole thing over again is really low.  Maybe I should look for some kind soul to help me with Knight's Honor.

Probably got a lot of reasons but I would say the main one in my case is my unwillingness to do online trophies. xD I played games like the Littlebigplanet series only for the solo trophies I can get so I think at least half of the total trophies are out of my reach due to personal choice. Also have a number of games I barely made progress in due to the sheer difficulty or not caring enough to continue. I also have a number of games that I'm about one or two trophies away from completing but those last trophies are absurdly difficult.

Personally, I'm content with keeping my completion rating over 50% at least. xD