Platinum rarity

17 minutes ago, SnowFleurz said:

I can not understand how the rarity is above 1%, these time trials are brutal.

Or is everyone who got the game this early ctr pros? Or am I just garbage at the game?

Don't judge yourself too bad. The percentage you see is the one they track whose psn is active on this website. You can still the actual % is 0.1%

• Like 1

I'm hoping it'll stay an ultra. In 6 months, I'd say it'll be hovering around 4%

10 hours ago, SnowFleurz said:

Or is everyone who got the game this early ctr pros? Or am I just garbage at the game?

Give it time. I was really bad the first few days and now I'm beating all but 1 time trial in 10 minutes. You'll get better! 

15 hours ago, SnowFleurz said:

I can not understand how the rarity is above 1%, these time trials are brutal.

Not necessarily pros, they just practiced and you too can also practice and finish this, but expect some shitty moments that makes you wanna break the controller ?

the number may go up or down based on more people attempting and either clearing or failing the trials.

imo just takes alot of patience and tries to get it right, can remember the first time trying to get gold medal times on need for speed hot pursuit. 

I'm one of the players who have played the original for years and completed it again before this came out and some time trials were still difficult! And this is coming from a guy who completed Sonic Transformed twice on ps3 and vita. I'm pretty sure that anyone can beat Oxide but you'll require a lot of practice and knowing all shortcuts and keeping up the boost reserves.

I'll give all my strength to you guys, go get that Oxide!

Also, there are some easy oxide trials and some that require true perfection and mastery of the game.

The hardest ones for me were:

- Crash Cove

- Sewer Speedway

- Blizzard Bluff

- Dragon Mines

- Tiny Temple

Not saying the others are easy, but those 5 are the worst...

Edited by bpmotard
Typos
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, SnowFleurz said:

Now it's way over 11%.

What the hell.

Its crazy how this plat isnt an ultra rare and also suprised the total players arnt more.

Yes its doable with alot of practice but this game takes genuine skill, patience and determination. I was so releaved when i finished the last track (dragon mines ?) but that nearly destroyed my controller that one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

It’s just not that hard.

That’s why it’s not rare.

This pretty much. It's just not that hard. You need to learn one mechanic (drift boosting) which is enough to do all the trials. Once you manage to finish those 2-3 hard tracks, you are pretty much done, the plat is yours.

I guess it would be rarer if "U-Turning" was also required.

Believe me, I sucked hard at the time trials and I even had to play for many hours to beat Crash Cove, Dragon Mines, Tiny Temple, Oxide Station and Sewer Speedway. I got the plat 3 weeks ago and I still feel my fingers all stiff and numb because of all the time that I played, but, you know? Once you know how to Turbo Boost and drifting, the game turns ridiculously easy.

Just practice, practice and practice and you will be able to get the plat.

Edited by Iris Heart

17 minutes ago, Iris Heart said:

Believe me, I sucked hard at the time trials and I even had to play for many hours to beat Crash Cove, Dragon Mines, Tiny Temple, Oxide Station and Sewer Spoeedway. I got the plat 3 weeks ago and I till feel my fingers all stiff and numb because of all the time that I played, but, you know? Once you know how to Turbo Boost and drifting, the game turns ridiculously easy.

Just practice, practice and practice and you will be able to get the plat.

Not sure it gets ridiculously easy. My name is mayo is ridiculously easy. It still takes a good deal of practice and skill. Even when mastered the turbo drift some tracks take absolute perfection.

Cant remember what tracks called but one you after keep the blue flame going the entire race which also takes some luck

Also sewer speedway takes sone luck getting the shortcut perfect on 3 laps

Edited by dannyswfc9

41 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Not sure it gets ridiculously easy. My name is mayo is ridiculously easy. It still takes a good deal of practice and skill. Even when mastered the turbo drift some tracks take absolute perfection.

Cant remember what tracks called but one you after keep the blue flame going the entire race which also takes some luck

Tiny temple has nothing to do with luck if that's the name. Sewer speedway on the other hand does need a bit  for the shortcut.

54 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

In my experience. the only levels that must be done almost perfect is Tiny Temple, Oxide Station, Dragon Mines and Sewer Speedway just because of the shortcut (and this is not really based on luck, you just need to place your kart straight towards the shortcut's entrance and jump in the right moment at the edge of the barrier and there is a 100% chance for you enetering into the shortcut, if you do it well, you don't even to get worried about the barrels.)

But, really, once you dominate Turbo Drifting and Turbo Boost, the game is not so hard.

Edited by Iris Heart

31 minutes ago, Iris Heart said:

In my experience. the only levels that must be done almost perfect is Tiny Temple, Oxide Station, Dragon Mines and Sewer Speedway just because of the shortcut (and this is not really based on luck, you just need to place your kart straight towards the shortcut's entrance and jump in the right moment at the edge of the barrier and there is a 100% chance for you enetering into the shortcut, if you do it well, you don't even to get worried about the barrels.)

But, really, once you dominate Turbo Drifting and Turbo Boost, the game is not so hard.

To be fair i think i did the shortcut before it got patched which at that time needed alot of luck because the shortcut was a bit buggy

It's not that hard. There are much harder kart racers and arcade racers out there. This game just takes practice. There are only but a few hard N.Tropy and Oxide times. If anything, the platinum relics are kind of the hardest of time related challenges.

13 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

To be fair i think i did the shortcut before it got patched which at that time needed alot of luck because the shortcut was a bit buggy

I heard about the shortcut was buggy but I didn't have any problem because I get the Oxide's time trial done when they fixed it. But, for now, there must not be a big problem to do it well. I will show the videos of me beating those time trials and you will see that I wasn't even near to perfection and still, they were doable.

Crash Cove

Spoiler

Sewer Speedway

Spoiler

Dragon Mines

Spoiler

Oxide Station

Spoiler

Tiny Temple (This one was the hardest for me)

Spoiler

Edited by Iris Heart

9 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

It's not that hard. There are much harder kart racers and arcade racers out there. This game just takes practice. There are only but a few hard N.Tropy and Oxide times. If anything, the platinum relics are kind of the hardest of time related challenges.

Dosen't every tricky game take practice. Thats what makes it a bit easier. Its such a good game and addictive that it makes you play it to get better at it. Bet you was like me for a while and pulling your hair out at some tracks.

And yeah the plat relics were tough. Wish there was a trophy for that tho

5 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Dosen't every tricky game take practice. Thats what makes it a bit easier.

Its such a good game and addictive that it makes you play it to get better at it. Bet you was like me for a while and pulling your hair out at some tracks.

And yeah the plat relics were tough. Wish there was a trophy for that tho

Pretty much, but some games still maintain a difficulty edge even after your training. As I already implied, a game such as Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed time trials are harder, because they are all really tight and with the CPU not lagging behind, both of which are the complete opposite in CTR:NF. You have both Tropy and Oxide not carrying blue turbo through all the laps when they get it, and they can be beaten with many secs left to spare.

It's an alright game. On few stages, yes. I was moreso pulling my hair out when I was first learning how to merely play the game, as it felt different from Mario Kart, and when I was doing platinum relics. Platinum relics are just overall worse, especially on stages like Papu's Pyramid. Once you beat Adventure Mode, which toughens you up some, the time trials should be easier, especially if you were doing the relic races after getting the gold trophies. Newcomers should not focus on time trials from the onset of the game.

I don't know about all that. Definitely would have took me a few extra days/week to earn the platinum, and it'd increase the difficulty of the platinum, which that isn't all too bad. It'd be a great "extra trophy pack", though. It'd reward true completionist and be a nod to the "101%".

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Pretty much, but some games still maintain a difficulty edge even after your training. As I already implied, a game such as Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed time trials are harder, because they are all really tight and with the CPU not lagging behind, both of which are the complete opposite in CTR:NF. You have both Tropy and Oxide not carrying blue turbo through all the laps when they get it, and they can be beaten with many secs left to spare.

It's an alright game. On few stages, yes. I was moreso pulling my hair out when I was first learning how to merely play the game, as it felt different from Mario Kart, and when I was doing platinum relics. Platinum relics are just overall worse, especially on stages like Papu's Pyramid. Once you beat Adventure Mode, which toughens you up some, the time trials should be easier, especially if you were doing the relic races after getting the gold trophies. Newcomers should not focus on time trials from the onset of the game.

I don't know about all that. Definitely would have took me a few extra days/week to earn the platinum, and it'd increase the difficulty of the platinum, which that isn't all too bad. It'd be a great "extra trophy pack", though. It'd reward true completionist and be a nod to the "101%".

Ye i see where your coming from.

Extra trophy pack for the relics would have been nice but would of destroyed my 100 percent i think lol.

I never played sonic transformed but heard it was tricky

On 6/25/2019 at 6:22 AM, SnowFleurz said:

Edit: Now finally having achieved the platinum trophy, I realise the game really wasn't that hard. It's far from an easy platinum trophy, but once the core mechanics are learned the oxide times are not way too difficult.

Compared to my so far hardest arcade racer platinum trophy from Trackmania Turbo, where even after having learned all the core mechanics the times were brutal.

Congrats pal. I forgot bout trackmania turbo. Thinks its because i took it out my memory lol. Got halfway through the red tracks and gave up. 

If you compare it to that game its very doable. Trackmania is a different beast altogether

Edited by dannyswfc9