Platinum rarity

23 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Extra trophy pack for the relics would have been nice but would of destroyed my 100 percent i think lol.

I never played sonic transformed but heard it was tricky

But you just said you wish there was a trophy for it...

One of the hardest platinum trophy in a kart racer.

• 1 month later...
On 25.6.2019 at 7:22 AM, SnowFleurz said:

Edit: Now finally having achieved the platinum trophy, I realise the game really wasn't that hard. It's far from an easy platinum trophy, but once the core mechanics are learned the oxide times are not way too difficult.

Compared to my so far hardest arcade racer platinum trophy from Trackmania Turbo, where even after having learned all the core mechanics the times were brutal.

Exactly my thoughts, compared to trackmania Turbo this is easy^^

• 3 months later...
On 25-6-2019 at 11:31 PM, kingdrake2 said:

the number may go up or down based on more people attempting and either clearing or failing the trials.

imo just takes alot of patience and tries to get it right, can remember the first time trying to get gold medal times on need for speed hot pursuit. 

You did not just compare this game to Need for Speed Hot Pursuit did you? As far as I recall Hot Pursuit was ridiculously easy bar the odd event left and right which took some attempts but nothing like this. I'm not even going to attempt this platinum cause I'll get too frustrated, compared to that HP was a breeze... then again, I was almost 10 years younger when I played HP, I'm guessing my reflexes have become way worse which doesn't help for these kinds of games...

• 6 months later...

I'm really surprised with this platinum being a 10% rarity.

I was trying for an hour the Unstoppable trophy on Coco Park.

When finally did (I didn't understand very well yet the turbo system, I thought I nailed it every time with my x3 turbo drifts, but the fire dissappears for a second on my exhaust don't know why because I did the x3 turbo with perfect...) it thought "It's time to try time attack"...

Tried with a fast character and finished with 1:41, for my surprise, N Tropy's time is 1:37, and Oxide's 1:29...

Seems impossible at first look, I will need a lot of effort, study the theory behind the turbo chains and a lot of practice... Seems harder than GT5 fgs...

7 hours ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

Tried with a fast character and finished with 1:41, for my surprise, N Tropy's time is 1:37, and Oxide's 1:29...

Yeah, just get more familiar with the nitro reserves mechanics and it will be A LOT easier.

Are you using the rock trick at the start of the lap in Coco park?

I found it to make things a bit easier for me:

Also, you are definately using the right class with Speed in Coco Park, but for most tracks in the game I would suggest using Drift class.

I tried all maps with Speed first, thinking I was good enough, but I only managed on the open tracks with mild turns like Coco park, Android Alley, Roos Tubes etc.

Edited by SnowFleurz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowFleurz said:

Yeah, just get more familiar with the nitro reserves mechanics and it will be A LOT easier.

Are you using the rock trick at the start of the lap in Coco park?

I found it to make things a bit easier for me:

Also, you are definately using the right class with Speed in Coco Park, but for most tracks in the game I would suggest using Drift class.

I tried all maps with Speed first, thinking I was good enough, but I only managed on the open tracks with mild turns like Coco park, Android Alley, Roos Tubes etc.

Thanks for the tips, I didn't know about the rock trick, either the shortcut of this track, but the main problem is the reserve system as you said, I can't sustain speed as high that in the video, I still need to shave like 12 seconds, and this is one of the easiest tracks...

I dunno, maybe I must finish the game first and try to git gud later haha

PS: Also I play at the moment with the classic control version, maybe I'll try the alternate just in case accelerate with R2 feel more natural nowadays. And for turns and control the kart I've using dpad, feels more precise imo.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

1 hour ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

I still need to shave like 12 seconds, and this is one of the easiest tracks...

Well, yeah the map has one of the techically easiest layouts, but the time trial ghosts are quite fast on this map with not a lot of nitro reserve mistakes.

On other harder tracks the time trial ghosts are actually easier with far less optimal runs with more nitro reserve mistakes.

1 hour ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

PS: Also I play at the moment with the classic control version, maybe I'll try the alternate just in case accelerate with R2 feel more natural nowadays. And for turns and control the kart I've using dpad, feels more precise imo.

I myself play with classic controls, but I use the joystick. I know a lot of people prefer using dpad for the more advances moves like u-turns, which was the only move I did using dpad.

I cannot do the rock trick (I'm able to jump but not detect as a jump turbo...). I know my problem, I'm unable to do consistently the drift turbo at his max power, I notice if I wait until the end, the sacred fire lasts longer, but almont 1 of 3 tries I screw up and fail the turbo. 

I manage to do in my best try 1:29:55, at 17 ms of oxide sheit haha.

I'm starting to regret starting this game, like I said before relates to this topic, I'm really surprised of this platinum rarity, compares to F1 Race Stars this is like 10 times harder, but with almost the same base player at this site, that platinum is ultrarare. Maybe is because it was a psplus game (and also is a terrible game...).

PS: Finally, after countless tries, 1:29:12 at Coco Park,only 30 more to go... 

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

• 2 weeks later...

In hindsight, I must admit the only showstopper on the road to Platinum Trophy was just the Dragon Mines level. That is bloody awful every time I play it, even now during my occasional online matches. I haven't learnt that shortcut with 

Certainly there were many difficult steps, as:

- story on hard mode difficulty - bots are scripted very rude... first few levels were a nightmare and I thought to stop playing this game. After beating Papu Papu, it's going better then

- first attempt to time trials with N.Tropy - without knowing not so obvious shortcuts (watching YouTube guides) it was impossible to beat this guy,

- then time trials with Oxide, generally there were a few levels, like Oxide Station, Blizzard Bluff, Tiny Temple or just bloody Dragon Mines.

Eventually it was not an easy platinum, but as others mentioned - without knowing mechanics, it is unobtainable. 

After a few updates, developers implemented the third level of time trials, to beat Velo - these times are insane, impossible to me. 

Edited by Bykovsky7
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Bykovsky7 said:

After a few updates, developers implemented third level of time trials, to beat Velo - these times are insane, impossible to me. 

Velo time trials aren't way too hard actually, they just require you to either make a few less mistakes than on Oxide time trials, or better usage of the reserves mechanics.

Dev times however forces you to really perfect your reserves and take shortcuts without hickups.

Myself I only managed to beat two Dev times before calling it quits.

But then again, there are people who have really PERFECTED their gameplay who beat even Dev time trials like it's a tutorial..

24 minutes ago, SnowFleurz said:

Velo time trials aren't way too hard actually, they just require you to either make a few less mistakes than on Oxide time trials, or better usage of the reserves mechanics.

Dev times however forces you to really perfect your reserves and take shortcuts without hickups.

Myself I only managed to beat two Dev times before calling it quits.

But then again, there are people who have really PERFECTED their gameplay who beat even Dev time trials like it's a tutorial..

I'm wonder what rarities would have the trophies for beat velo or dev times.

I'm just finish the adventure mode on hard, it's funny cause tracks like Cortex Castle needed a better time to win than beating Oxide on time trial.

Regarding on time trials, I managed to beat 8 times at the moment (the easiest ones) and I'm working slowly on them, seems impossible at first but with practice and watching videos are doable (will see the hard ones...).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 11:42 AM, DiegoDolmetscher said:

Hello, everyone!

Just a quick question: is it possible to achieve the platinum and complete the whole game just offline, without having the PS+ Subscription?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Yes! No online trophies, no PS+ required.

Aside from a few tracks as mentioned numerous times throughout this thread, the game is relatively easy. Learning the boost mechanics is by far the most important thing. For me, I played the original on PS1 so it was a fun trip down memory lane.

Also some advice: if you feel like you’re frustrated with a track, stop playing the game. Take a break for a few hours. I cannot tell you how many times I had to redo Dragon Mines for the trials. I swear I played it for 3 days straight. Stepping away from the game for a few hours if you’re stuck is highly recommended.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, UltraFire121 said:

While normally that's the case MMDE. However, Nitro-Fueled wasn't cut out to be an UR platinum trophy anyway.

Eh, probably would have been considering how many cheaters I find for this game...

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, UltraFire121 said:

While normally that's the case MMDE. However, Nitro-Fueled wasn't cut out to be an UR platinum trophy anyway.

I personally found it harder than plats like furi, downwell and dmc 5 so considering those are ultra rares id say it probably could of been around that area if not for cheaters. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

18 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Eh, probably would have been considering how many cheaters I find for this game...

12 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

I personally found it harder than plats like furi, downwell and dmc 5 so considering those are ultra rares id say it probably could of been around that area if not for cheaters. 

True, cheaters would do this eventually MMDE. Berserk your right. Considering how hard for Nitro-Fueled is, dealing both Time Trials and adventure hard mode would either make or break you. DMC 5 is harder then Nitro-Fueled and you'll dealing with a 9/10 difficulty.

5 hours ago, MMDE said:

I’m probably not the only one that does this, but I read the disputes on here for comic relief. I honestly don’t know how you have the patience to go through all of those, so I appreciate your efforts as well as the rest of the CRT ?

Back to the topic: I did notice a decent amount of disputes on this game. Wouldn’t the rarity go down over time with cheaters getting caught? Since they’re off the leaderboards for the game they cheated and caught in?

I think it being a rare or borderline very rare plat is fine. Ultimately, the game does become much easier once the player figures out the boost mechanic. The trials may only have the three or four really tough tracks. And there’s the aforementioned fact that this was a game that came out on PS1. So I’m sure there are a lot of OG players coming back to the remaster to relive the “good old days.”

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit

7 hours ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

I’m probably not the only one that does this, but I read the disputes on here for comic relief. I honestly don’t know how you have the patience to go through all of those, so I appreciate your efforts as well as the rest of the CRT 1f604.png

Back to the topic: I did notice a decent amount of disputes on this game. Wouldn’t the rarity go down over time with cheaters getting caught? Since they’re off the leaderboards for the game they cheated and caught in?

I think it being a rare or borderline very rare plat is fine. Ultimately, the game does become much easier once the player figures out the boost mechanic. The trials may only have the three or four really tough tracks. And there’s the aforementioned fact that this was a game that came out on PS1. So I’m sure there are a lot of OG players coming back to the remaster to relive the “good old days.”

If they get caught...

On 02/12/2020 at 10:08 AM, i-kicked-a-brit said:

I’m probably not the only one that does this, but I read the disputes on here for comic relief. I honestly don’t know how you have the patience to go through all of those, so I appreciate your efforts as well as the rest of the CRT 1f604.png

Edited by offdutysuperhero
Found what i was looking for

Wasn't all that difficult. Some of the time trial of the original CTR levels were the most difficult, where only a handful was took me a while, but I had done them before on PS1. Some of the adventure on hard felt a bit luck based. There was some few new things added to the game in terms of drifting, which made the devs tighten the times in the original levels, but also allowing for some insane times if you mastered it. I played it some few hours at a time for a week, and got the plat. Indeed, not THAT difficult, but it's def not easy and does require dedication. ;) Just know the time trial stuff, you don't need to perform perfect, people beat the times required by quite a lot, times you barely understand how anyone can even get until you understand how the game works, and even when you do seems insane.

Edited by MMDE