Ally Trophies Bug

D1RTIEST

Has anyone had this happen to them? On my first playthrough I played with Ashley and Garrus and I'm sure I did more than the 50 missions with them to unlock their ally trophies - didn't pop.

On my second playthrough I used Wrex and Garrus as soon as they were available, and did every mission possible with them according to the wiki - with the exception of the metal surveying and it still hasn't popped. A telling sign is the completionist trophy popped with about 5 side missions left to do, before I had even gotten to Vermire.

I'm about to do my third playthrough, is it worth deleting my save and starting over again or am I just doing something wrong?

These trophies are notoriously difficult to unlock. My advice (and this goes doubly true when going for Liara's ally trophy) is don't do any side missions AT ALL until you have the two allies you want to use the WHOLE game for said trophies. This means not doing any side missions on the Citadel (even keeper scanning) until you have the two allies you want to go after the trophy. Use them and only them from the moment they're unlocked until the end of the game and the trophies should pop somewhere around Ilos if memory serves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

These trophies are notoriously difficult to unlock. My advice (and this goes doubly true when going for Liara's ally trophy) is don't do any side missions AT ALL until you have the two allies you want to use the WHOLE game for said trophies. This means not doing any side missions on the Citadel (even keeper scanning) until you have the two allies you want to go after the trophy. Use them and only them from the moment they're unlocked until the end of the game and the trophies should pop somewhere around Ilos if memory serves.

Thanks, I have to play through it 2 more times for insanity and hard-core trophies anyway. Suppose there's no harm in having 5 total playthroughs of this game.. :(

• 3 months later...

Yeah this just happened to me, I had been doing side quests/assignments and returning to the Citadel, but missed the part where you would lose your Specter status and not be able to return to the Citadel so I have a few quests that I cant finish … Going into Ilos right now I believe I have a total of 57 main + side missions done … pretty irritated that I messed it up … just means it will be one more play through … not sure if it was bug but I'm well over the recommended number and didn't get even completionist. I had the flu really bad, and was on cough medicine so maybe it was just human error with me :/ 

Edit: Was super pissed about this, and went to play hardcore with tali and liara … was not very fun so I thought the best approach would be to start a new game with adept since I need those skill specific trophies anyway and hope to get tali and liara with the adept class on a casual playthrough. 

Edited by Exairesi

• 6 months later...