This is a knife Trophy

pksTOXIC

No.

It is actually an incredibly easy trophy to get.
Though you should only attempt it much later in the game, where you are much stronger and have better weapons.
You can either:
Go out, find a Rager Bear or Breaker, whittle down their health using any weapon you choose and then switch to your knife.
as long as the killing blow comes from a knife, the trophy will be awarded.

OR:

Purchase the "Executioner" skill in the Melee skill tree, find a Breaker and stealth kill it.

12 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Make sure that you ONLY use the knife the ENTIRE battle. I tried using it at the end, and it did not pop. Also, I killed a bear with just the knife (took forever) but the trophy did not pop  for that until I killed a Breaker. 

Not how I got my trophy. I used all of my guns + molotovs and bombs to weaken the Breaker and finished it with my knife and got the trophy. I did it on the first time you fight a Breaker. It was helpful that it had a health bar in that battle.

8 hours ago, pksTOXIC said:

thanks to all.  but are there any locations where they spawn more frequently?

Towards the end of the game, after you have gotten the "Hold on Tight" trophy, when you go to crater lake, there is a side mission where you have to fight three of them. Accept all side missions in Diamond Lake Camp and Wizard Island camp and you will do it eventually. 

I can see from your trophies you are not yet in the southern regions?

Spoiler

You fight a rager (infected bear) on the mission where you go down to southern areas. You can whittle its health down with fire and guns then finish it with a knife.

I did mine, on Survival difficulty, on the breaker boss fight. It took way too long as I kept killing it or he would one-hit kill me. You should be much stronger by the time you reach the rager boss fight.

Edited by mjan8935

• 2 weeks later...

yeh, i also got it on the first Breaker from the Story...I set a proximity mine down and then shot him to get him to notice me...when he ran at me the mine took off almost all of his HP so it was easy to hit him a few times with the gun and then finish him off with the knife....Having his energy bar definitely helps out...

ALSO it may be helpful to know that of you accidentally kill him without the knife, you can quit the mission and restart it after he dies... it will put you right outside the Ripper area and you can restart the Mission that way...I had to replay it 3 times because the first time i set him on fire and used the Proximity mine..the mine took almost all of his energy and the fire ended up killing him...the second time i got him down to nothing and accidentally used my SawBlade Bat instead of the knife for the last swing...

• 3 weeks later...