The developer needs your help

ShadoonX

From dev's twitter.  Make sure to notify them of bug.  it can really help since not a lot of people are playing this game.

"We've recently been notified about an issue where some Dollhouse Achievements/PS4 Trophies are not unlocking when their conditions are fulfilled. Our team is looking into this right now, if you believe you've encountered this problem please reach out to [email protected]"

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
8 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Shit, I just bought this game on sale. I really hope they fix it asap.

Edit: Omg I just realised its been a year since this thread was made. 1f62d.png

LOOOOL, it sucks, because not only they never fixed the broken trophy, but the game is super dead now 

33 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

LOOOOL, it sucks, because not only they never fixed the broken trophy, but the game is super dead now 

Well I just checked their social media. They have an email, I just sent them one regarding the trophies. It doesn’t hurt to try. Maybe if more people do this, they might put in their final effort. You never know...

6 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Unfortunately they already went through process with a final update but it didn't hurt to try to message them but I doubt they're going to respond seems like there's no way really to fix this game because they already had a final update

They actually responded! They asked me if I knew which exact trophies are bugged. But I don’t know which exact ones are cause I didn’t play it before so I hope I can find a list now.

Or is anyone able to help with this then please do so I can email back.

Welp, I can’t find a list or anything about these trophies being bugged... but the percentage for this game on this site is super weird. No one got the plat and the average completion is 3%.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Walk of fame and sound of music trophies arent unlocking i believe.

Thats exciting news

Hmm, I don’t think those are the only ones. The trophy percentages look so fishy. ? I can’t email them like to go through the entire list, they would not do something like that I don’t think. Also I noticed not many people have this game. I messaged the people who got the majority of the trophies which only was 1-4 people to see if they know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NekoRave said:

theres not many people that played this game due to it being unobtainable.

my theory is that those could very well be fine and people didn't want to put in that effort because the plat is bugged.

id say reach out to those earners even the 70% is just earned by two people.

also if the devs responded id try letting them know about those two trophies asap and hopefully the rest aren't bugged.

you can wait tho if you want to hear back from gamers but who knows when that would be and im sure itll just be yeah I did it legit np kind of response.

for sure 2 are missing so if those are fixed and problems surface id just message them again if need be.

its a very small percentage that's attempted to plat so im sure its just a bug for those few trophies but if im wrong then they can just patch it again.

im sure they don't want to do that but considering one or two people earned said trophies the only way we can know for sure is by attempting the plat.

I can also write them if theres more issues that occur but for sure those 2 trophies are definitely in need of a fix

Yes, I emailed them about those 2 definitely bugged trophies and told them I will keep in touch if there is more. I really hope they fix it, it seems like an interesting game to have as a plat but the multiplayer part looks concerning...

• Like 1

I responded to your DM, @LoveInHell, and since someone had asked over in the other topic for this game, I listed what I was aware of as possibly glitched or unobtainable.

As other people in this topic have said, though, the developers did make a point of saying that the final update was definitely the last one they would do.  If these trophies are truly glitched to the point of being unobtainable, then hopefully they'll change their minds.  If they don't, I still enjoy playing it in single-player voyeur mode, so if you can ignore the trophies and you like the noir genre plus a story that's dark and weird (albeit light on content), it's worth getting on sale for sure.

Summary of glitched trophies found so far:

Hollywood Blackout - Completed the campaign without Blacklisting any Memories.

The “Hollywood Blackout” trophy can pop up by not doing anything for it, the task is not completed but can still randomly pop up.

”Vesper Martini”Become Vesper at the end of the campaign.

The “Vesper Martini” trophy may unlock by becoming the wrong character at the end of the campaign. This, for example, happened with becoming Katherine. Instead of earning “Hello Katherine”Become Katherine at the end of the campaign. It unlocked “Vesper Martini” instead.

“Hello Katherine”Become Katherine at the end of the campaign.

The Trophy “Hello Katherine” may not unlock after becoming her. (See “Vesper Martini”)

”Sound of Music”Collected all the Vinyl Discs. 

The trophy “Sound of Music” isn’t unlocking after completing the task.

“Walk of Fame”Won 25 games with each nominee in multiplayer.

The “Walk of Fame” isn’t unlocking after completing the task.

This is what I got so far. If you got anything to add, perhaps more details, then please say so.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Not me. I got this information from other players.

Damn, I thought at least that one would be down to a dead community.  I was going to see if someone would try boosting this with me to see if it is actually obtainable, but I guess someone already figured that out.

I understand that game development is difficult and budgets are strict, but don't the developers have access to development hardware and development builds of the game? They could use edited game states to test which trophies trigger and which don't. 

This is the publisher's problem. They forced out an unfinished game and won't pay for the man hours to fix it. Don't be unpaid testers guys, just ignore this crap and move on. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, twothumbedfist said:

I understand that game development is difficult and budgets are strict, but don't the developers have access to development hardware and development builds of the game? They could use edited game states to test which trophies trigger and which don't. 

This is the publisher's problem. They forced out an unfinished game and won't pay for the man hours to fix it. Don't be unpaid testers guys, just ignore this crap and move on. 

The developers also sound like they don't know what the hell they are doing if they are asking people what trophies are bugged. You mean to tell me they said a game was ready for publication, they didn't test it thoroughly, they signed off on it being ready, the publisher thought it was okay based on what the developers said, and now they want to know what exact trophies are bugged?

Gimme a break. The QA process probably consisted of "does the game run?" "Yes, it does." "Does it crash to dashboard?" "No, it doesn't." "OK, we're done here."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, twothumbedfist said:

I emailed them the full list of bugged trophies yesterday. They gave me a spark of hope by responding back on my first message which was a few days ago and it wasn’t a bot reply. 

At least people will see this list if it doesn’t get fixed. If the developers reply to my latest email, I will update this thread. There might just be some hope, they might be motivated again - to see people are still interested in the game. If they don’t reply and don’t do anything about this, then getting this game plat is most likely (!) unobtainable.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried to collect all the vinyl records or have any idea how many there might be?  I played through once and tried to find as many as I could, but when I looked at the journal I have "Out of the past" listed twice.  Perhaps that is the issue?

Here are the ones I found so far in case anyone is interested in trying to figure out what we are looking for:

Out of the past

Murder, my sweet

No way out

Out of the past

Scarlet Street

Spellbound

Stage fright

Sunset boulevard

The bad seed

The big heat

The second woman

The wrong man

It felt like the records spawn in at odd times in places I swore I had looked.  I'm almost positive some showed up after I died though I don't know if they just moved from somewhere I hadn't looked yet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, matdon said:

Has anyone tried to collect all the vinyl records or have any idea how many there might be?  I played through once and tried to find as many as I could, but when I looked at the journal I have "Out of the past" listed twice.  Perhaps that is the issue?

Here are the ones I found so far in case anyone is interested in trying to figure out what we are looking for:

Out of the past

Murder, my sweet

No way out

Out of the past

Scarlet Street

Spellbound

Stage fright

Sunset boulevard

The bad seed

The big heat

The second woman

The wrong man

It felt like the records spawn in at odd times in places I swore I had looked.  I'm almost positive some showed up after I died though I don't know if they just moved from somewhere I hadn't looked yet.

I tried to look on Steam, 0.7% of players have earned the “Sound of Music” trophy but I don’t know how many people have played this in total. I checked the other thread on this site and no one seems to know how many Vinyl Records there are. If no success here, you can ask on Steam too, they have the same achievement list and I think they have a forum too. I would but I don’t have Steam, no PC, idk how it works. ;p

1 hour ago, matdon said:

Has anyone tried to collect all the vinyl records or have any idea how many there might be?

OUT OF THE PAST looks to be a default one that you start with.  It looks like there are 2 vinyls per chapter, and assuming only the first six chapters have vinyls, I'm guessing you're just missing one album.  This is just speculation, though; I'm still finishing up this playthrough (on chapter 7 right now), and the last game update came out while I was in chapter 4.  So I still have to finish this campaign and play again through chapter 3 to be sure. 

I just found a vinyl in chapter 7 (Murder, My Sweet), so the total number needed is probably higher than 12.

Edited by DaisyVilla102
Editing based on new information.

I just completed my third play through and I'm fairly convinced this is indeed unobtainable.  I'm guessing it has something to do with "out of the past" being listed twice (this vinyl was invisible btw), or level 7 only having one record.  "The moon is blue" is a song on the gramaphone, but I couldn't find it so it could be that,  I don't know.  Here are the records I found... I couldn't remember the level order on easy, my last playthrough was on normal, but it seems the vinyls don't change with difficulty.

(Normal)

House - Out of the past

Hotel - No way out

(Easy)

Sunset Boulevard
Stage Fright

Scarlett Street
Spellbound

Second Woman
Wrong Man

A double Life
A star is born