ShadoonX

The developer needs your help

59 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, matdon said:

Has anyone tried to collect all the vinyl records or have any idea how many there might be?  I played through once and tried to find as many as I could, but when I looked at the journal I have "Out of the past" listed twice.  Perhaps that is the issue?

 

Here are the ones I found so far in case anyone is interested in trying to figure out what we are looking for:

 

Out of the past

Murder, my sweet

No way out

Out of the past

Scarlet Street

Spellbound

Stage fright

Sunset boulevard

The bad seed

The big heat

The second woman

The wrong man

 

It felt like the records spawn in at odd times in places I swore I had looked.  I'm almost positive some showed up after I died though I don't know if they just moved from somewhere I hadn't looked yet.

I tried to look on Steam, 0.7% of players have earned the “Sound of Music” trophy but I don’t know how many people have played this in total. I checked the other thread on this site and no one seems to know how many Vinyl Records there are. If no success here, you can ask on Steam too, they have the same achievement list and I think they have a forum too. I would but I don’t have Steam, no PC, idk how it works. ;p

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, matdon said:

Has anyone tried to collect all the vinyl records or have any idea how many there might be?

 

OUT OF THE PAST looks to be a default one that you start with.  It looks like there are 2 vinyls per chapter, and assuming only the first six chapters have vinyls, I'm guessing you're just missing one album.  This is just speculation, though; I'm still finishing up this playthrough (on chapter 7 right now), and the last game update came out while I was in chapter 4.  So I still have to finish this campaign and play again through chapter 3 to be sure. 

I just found a vinyl in chapter 7 (Murder, My Sweet), so the total number needed is probably higher than 12.

Edited by DaisyVilla102
Editing based on new information.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just completed my third play through and I'm fairly convinced this is indeed unobtainable.  I'm guessing it has something to do with "out of the past" being listed twice (this vinyl was invisible btw), or level 7 only having one record.  "The moon is blue" is a song on the gramaphone, but I couldn't find it so it could be that,  I don't know.  Here are the records I found... I couldn't remember the level order on easy, my last playthrough was on normal, but it seems the vinyls don't change with difficulty.

 

(Normal)

House - Out of the past

Hotel - No way out

 

(Easy)

2.
Sunset Boulevard
Stage Fright

3.
Scarlett Street
Spellbound

4.
Second Woman
Wrong Man

5.
A double Life
A star is born

6.
The bad seed
The big heat

7.
Murder, my sweet

8.
Mulholland drive
Daughter of horror

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is on sale right now on the Psn store. I was going to buy it but then I saw the broken trophies and i said no. I don't know how far the extent to the buggyness goes. If it gets patched I would like to play it though. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

This game is on sale right now on the Psn store. I was going to buy it but then I saw the broken trophies and i said no. I don't know how far the extent to the buggyness goes. If it gets patched I would like to play it though. 

 

I emailed the devs about the vinyls, and they responded.  It sounds promising.  Trophies may actually be getting fixed.

 

EDIT - If we do receive a patch for this, is anyone interested in getting together to knock out all the multiplayer stuff?

Edited by matdon
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matdon said:

 

I emailed the devs about the vinyls, and they responded.  It sounds promising.  Trophies may actually be getting fixed.

 

EDIT - If we do receive a patch for this, is anyone interested in getting together to knock out all the multiplayer stuff?

Tbh I just hope they’re not lying, like giving out hope for nothing. If the trophies get fixed, I will probably make a boosting session.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Tbh I just hope they’re not lying, like giving out hope for nothing. If the trophies get fixed, I will probably make a boosting session.

 

I suppose it is just as likely that nothing will happen, but I feel it would be easier for them to not reply at all.  We'll see.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, matdon said:

If we do receive a patch for this, is anyone interested in getting together to knock out all the multiplayer stuff?

I'm down! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2020 at 1:34 PM, matdon said:

If we do receive a patch for this, is anyone interested in getting together to knock out all the multiplayer stuff?

 

Count me in, too 🙋

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Nevermind, i just read about the "Final Update" thing and asked for a money refund.

Thanks for the info, guys

Edited by wesker-kun
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wesker-kun said:

EDIT: Nevermind, i just read about the "Final Update" thing and asked for a money refund.

Thanks for the info, guys

Lol, asking a refund over trophies? The game is still playable you know.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Thanks for the heads up, this game was in my wishlist, but I didn't know it was so broken. 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two updates:

1)  I just completed my fourth playthrough, trying again to become Katherine.  I'm happy to report that I did get the HELLO KATHERINE trophy. 😌

2)  The following is a tiny bit spoiler-ish, so I'm going to mark it as such.  It's about the VINYLS I've found so far.  And I have not unlocked the SOUND OF MUSIC trophy. 😒

Spoiler

These are the VINYLS I now have in my inventory.  They are not like the photos; you'll find the same vinyls repeatedly.  For numbers 2-16, I've listed for each where I found them for the first time.

  1. OUT OF THE PAST (is in your collection upon starting the game.  It is a track option in the CUTTING ROOM, and all other rooms)
  2. A DOUBLE LIFE    (chapter 6/THEATER)
  3. A STAR IS BORN    (chapter 6/THEATER)
  4. DAUGHTER OF HORROR    (chapter 8/CAGE)
  5. MULHOLLAND DRIVE    (chapter 8/CAGE)
  6. MURDER, MY SWEET    (chapter 7/PRISON)
  7. NO WAY OUT    (chapter 3/HOME)
  8. OUT OF THE PAST    (chapter 3/HOME)
  9. SCARLET STREET    (chapter 5/HOTEL)
  10. SPELLBOUND    (chapter 5/HOTEL)
  11. STAGE FRIGHT    (chapter 6/HOME)
  12. SUNSET BOULEVARD    (chapter 6/HOME)
  13. THE BAD SEED    (chapter 4/HOSPITAL)
  14. THE BIG HEAT    (chapter 4/HOSPITAL)
  15. THE SECOND WOMAN    (chapter 2/STUDIO)
  16. THE WRONG MAN    (chapter 2/STUDIO)

I don't think these are ones you can find; they appear to just be a special track for each type of room.

IN A LONELY PLACE (is a track option in the SAFE ROOM but not in the the LOST ROOM or the DRESSING ROOM or the CUTTING ROOM)
THE MOON IS BLUE (is an option in the LOST ROOM but not in the DRESSING ROOM or the CUTTING ROOM or the SAFE ROOM)
KISS ME DEADLY (is a track option in the DRESSING ROOM but not in the CUTTING ROOM or the SAFE ROOM or the LOST ROOM)
GASLIGHT  (is a track option in the CUTTING ROOM but not in the the SAFE ROOM or the LOST ROOM or the DRESSING ROOM)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sad and stupid thing is, you have to put in time and effort to fix a bug and you have to pay Sony money in order for them to handle doing the patch.

 

So unfortunately what incentive does a dev have to fix a patch that only affects trophies when there is no bug in the actual gameplay? Most people don't care about broken trophies, not even the devs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

I have two updates:

1)  I just completed my fourth playthrough, trying again to become Katherine.  I'm happy to report that I did get the HELLO KATHERINE trophy. 😌

2)  The following is a tiny bit spoiler-ish, so I'm going to mark it as such.  It's about the VINYLS I've found so far.  And I have not unlocked the SOUND OF MUSIC trophy. 😒

  Reveal hidden contents

These are the VINYLS I now have in my inventory.  They are not like the photos; you'll find the same vinyls repeatedly.  For numbers 2-16, I've listed for each where I found them for the first time.

  1. OUT OF THE PAST (is in your collection upon starting the game.  It is a track option in the CUTTING ROOM, and all other rooms)
  2. A DOUBLE LIFE    (chapter 6/THEATER)
  3. A STAR IS BORN    (chapter 6/THEATER)
  4. DAUGHTER OF HORROR    (chapter 8/CAGE)
  5. MULHOLLAND DRIVE    (chapter 8/CAGE)
  6. MURDER, MY SWEET    (chapter 7/PRISON)
  7. NO WAY OUT    (chapter 3/HOME)
  8. OUT OF THE PAST    (chapter 3/HOME)
  9. SCARLET STREET    (chapter 5/HOTEL)
  10. SPELLBOUND    (chapter 5/HOTEL)
  11. STAGE FRIGHT    (chapter 6/HOME)
  12. SUNSET BOULEVARD    (chapter 6/HOME)
  13. THE BAD SEED    (chapter 4/HOSPITAL)
  14. THE BIG HEAT    (chapter 4/HOSPITAL)
  15. THE SECOND WOMAN    (chapter 2/STUDIO)
  16. THE WRONG MAN    (chapter 2/STUDIO)

I don't think these are ones you can find; they appear to just be a special track for each type of room.

IN A LONELY PLACE (is a track option in the SAFE ROOM but not in the the LOST ROOM or the DRESSING ROOM or the CUTTING ROOM)
THE MOON IS BLUE (is an option in the LOST ROOM but not in the DRESSING ROOM or the CUTTING ROOM or the SAFE ROOM)
KISS ME DEADLY (is a track option in the DRESSING ROOM but not in the CUTTING ROOM or the SAFE ROOM or the LOST ROOM)
GASLIGHT  (is a track option in the CUTTING ROOM but not in the the SAFE ROOM or the LOST ROOM or the DRESSING ROOM)

 

But the first time you got Vesper Martini, right? In that case I wont change the list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

But the first time you got Vesper Martini, right? In that case I wont change the list.

 

To be precise, the first time I finished the campaign in June, I had become Katherine, but the "Become..." trophies weren't working.  I didn't get any trophy for it at the time.  The next time I played the game again was in October, and the VESPER MARTINI trophy popped while it was starting up.  That's why I've said it may not be the trophy that was glitched, but the update itself.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, enaysoft said:

The sad and stupid thing is, you have to put in time and effort to fix a bug and you have to pay Sony money in order for them to handle doing the patch.

 

So unfortunately what incentive does a dev have to fix a patch that only affects trophies when there is no bug in the actual gameplay? Most people don't care about broken trophies, not even the devs.

 

I personally feel that with Creazn being such a small developer, they actually do care if people are happy or not with their product, trophies or otherwise.  Whether they have the ability/funds to patch the game is a different story. 

 

Now if we are talking about Activision (or other giants) patching a game for the sake of trophies or non game breaking stuff, then you are absolutely right.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True, but would you, as a person want to spend your own money, and also the time and effort making the patch for people who already bought the game and are expecting the patch for free just to fix some trophies that doesn't actually affect the core gameplay.

 

There's sadly a reason why many trophy bugs are not fixed. Unless the developer is making new DLC or are a big corporation, it is not in their interests to do so, as frustrating as it is.

 

Many free games on PS+ have had games with broken trophies still not patched to this day and were known to be broken even before they were put on PS+

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would personally want my product to be as it was intended to be, absolutely.  Especially as a small developer or start up.  It would be interesting to see what kind of impact trophy bugs actually have on customer retention.  To me, it would seem that ignoring the broken parts of your games would give you a bad reputation, which would be very bad for a team just starting out, but I wonder how much it really hurts them.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, matdon said:

I would personally want my product to be as it was intended to be, absolutely.  Especially as a small developer or start up.  It would be interesting to see what kind of impact trophy bugs actually have on customer retention.  To me, it would seem that ignoring the broken parts of your games would give you a bad reputation, which would be very bad for a team just starting out, but I wonder how much it really hurts them.

People legit avoid purchasing games with broken trophies so theres definitely a market thats missed out on when devs dont fix things.

 

And as well all know from Xaviant ignoring the consumers that buy your product and ignoring the fanbase completely results in catastrophic results sometimes.

 

We all notice when devs go out of there way to fix things amd those that dont.

 

It can not only hurt that product but future products developed by said developer.

 

But even so trophy hunters are a small minority but being a bad developer and blatantly not fixing the game is noticed by everyone.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Creazn are still trying to support this game.  Posted by the developer two days ago on the Steam page for Dollhouse:

 

'Creazn  [developer] May 19 @ 7:12pm 
"We are currently compiling an updated list of issues/bugs in regards to trophies/cheevos that are unobtainable. We hope to get a final update out sometime this year to fix them as a token of our appreciation for the support. When we have new info, we will let everyone know! :)

Edit: Please keep reporting the issues and in great detail to reproduce. If it's a trophy/cheevo, give us much info as possible when reporting. Please send all the info to [email protected]"
Last edited by Creazn; May 20 @ 3:40pm'

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

Creazn are still trying to support this game.  Posted by the developer two days ago on the Steam page for Dollhouse:

 

'Creazn  [developer] May 19 @ 7:12pm 
"We are currently compiling an updated list of issues/bugs in regards to trophies/cheevos that are unobtainable. We hope to get a final update out sometime this year to fix them as a token of our appreciation for the support. When we have new info, we will let everyone know! :)

Edit: Please keep reporting the issues and in great detail to reproduce. If it's a trophy/cheevo, give us much info as possible when reporting. Please send all the info to [email protected]"
Last edited by Creazn; May 20 @ 3:40pm'

Oh yay! Thats awesome to hear! :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would argue that the majority of people only play big budget titles. So if you are a smaller independent developer quite likely your only market is trophy hunters. So yes having working trophies would be a priority.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the developers have stating that they are working on a fix, I created an event for Saturday June 6th at 6pm to try and get "Join the party".  Currently there are 3 of us confirmed as going, we need 8.  Add me or join the community event if you are interested in getting this one out of the way.  Maybe we can pair up after that to work on the other mp trophies, it sounds like the rest can be done with just 2 people.  We can also reschedule if needed to get everybody in.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a Soedesco title. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix. Just my 2 cents.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.