The developer needs your help

ShadoonX

• 2 weeks later...

Wow guys, this thread is so interesting.
I put this game on wishlist hoping it would go on sale, but i was puzzled about weird trophy %.
Then i found out about those pesky trophies and changed my mind.
If they'll ever patch things count me in for multiplayer trophies!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/07/2020 at 9:51 PM, trojbrown40 said:

Game looks interesting and saw it for $3.00. Almost pulled the trigger until I read these posts and saw those horrible multiplayer trophies. Not sure what they were thinking. 

Totally agree! Personally I hate multiplayer games. I like to play alone and in the pace i want. I stay away from games with multiplayer and/or trophies that require multiplaying. If they've done any research they would know that this is a negative aspect and certainly paints them in a bad light. As i can see,some trophies still haven't been fixed. It's been over a year now and they are too lazy to fix it. Mark my words in 2-3 years this studio won't exist.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've sent an email to the devs and they quickly answered me. I was told they haven't given up on Dollhouse, they were very polite but it seemed kind of a default email.
I'm seriously thinking they will never ever fix the bugs.
I don't know how can a team wants to be known for a poor developed game with no support, many of us didn't buy the game simply by reading this thread.
I really wish the bugs will be fixed cause the concept is super interesting, but i kinda gave up hope.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Asph1 said:

I've sent an email to the devs and they quickly answered me. I was told they haven't given up on Dollhouse, they were very polite but it seemed kind of a default email.
I'm seriously thinking they will never ever fix the bugs.
I don't know how can a team wants to be known for a poor developed game with no support, many of us didn't buy the game simply by reading this thread.
I really wish the bugs will be fixed cause the concept is super interesting, but i kinda gave up hope.

Yeah, it’s taking a long time. It should’ve been fixed by now for sure. I still haven’t started this game cause of the bugs.

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I take it then, this mythical patch still hasn't arrived?

Yes, I just checked for an update, and Dollhouse for PS4 is still at version 1.3.0 (Update 1.07).

I still like the game, despite the broken trophies and some other bugs.  If the unobtainable trophies can be overlooked, I think it's worth getting it at a discounted price.  Of course, I spent a LOT of time with it getting to know a lot of its "quirks", so maybe I'm a bit biased ? 

It’s a shame the devs don’t seem willing to fix this. It looks interesting and one of the trophies is literally named after one of my favorite horror series (Fatal Frame), but with all the bugs and unobtainable trophies (and apparently some trophies being dependent on multiplayer) idk if it’s worth it for me. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I want to think that the developers would have liked to fix the game, but couldn't because of Sony's rules and probably how willing the publisher was to work with them.
So speaking of the publisher, today SOEDESCO announced a port of this game to the Switch.

SOΞDΞSCO on Twitter: "? The pursuit continues with Dollhouse - coming to Nintendo Switch in October 2021! Escape your hunter and survive a suspenseful chase in this stunningly eerie film noir game. More info ? https://t.co/L6MRalCRTQ #DollhouseGame https://t.co/aBjycb24dj" / Twitter

Knowing full well they'll never answer me, I still felt compelled to reply asking them if they are ever going to fix the broken Steam and PlayStation versions.  Maybe at the least it'll warn unsuspecting Switch owners.

Edit:  I asked on their Discord, as well.

Edited by DaisyVilla102
Avoiding multi-posting.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2020 at 11:35 AM, SnowxSakura said:

Also trion worlds, they kept promising over and over to fix the glitched defiance trophies and never did

They've been "meaning" to look into the reported PvP issues in TROVE for three years no. Put no stock into anything Trion says.

• 2 months later...
On 11/28/2021 at 3:24 PM, Malice Flare said:

so, that one trophy is still unobtainable? still looks like an interesting game...

I checked for an update, and Dollhouse for PS4 is still at version 1.3.0 (Update 1.07).  As far as I know, SOUND OF MUSIC is definitely, and CRITIC'S CHOICE is possibly, still unobtainable.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wanted to add on something I noticed about going for Critic's Choice. (Is this why it's considered unobtainable?) It seems like only 6 out of 8 fragments spawn in Chapter 1 and they don't spawn at all in Chapter 5. I've played through four times this week and every single playthrough has been the same way without fail.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, nooitzben said:

Game is on sale again. I was curious about getting it but if its buggy and not possible to get 100% then that would be a bummer. Hopefully the bugs/glitches gets fixed.

The odds of this getting patched are effectively zero at this point so unless you don't mind having an unPlatinumable game on your profile, I'd skip it and buy something else.

• 5 months later...
On 15.5.2020 at 3:54 AM, DaisyVilla102 said:

I have two updates:

1)  I just completed my fourth playthrough, trying again to become Katherine.  I'm happy to report that I did get the HELLO KATHERINE trophy. ?

2)  The following is a tiny bit spoiler-ish, so I'm going to mark it as such.  It's about the VINYLS I've found so far.  And I have not unlocked the SOUND OF MUSIC trophy. ?

Reveal hidden contents

These are the VINYLS I now have in my inventory.  They are not like the photos; you'll find the same vinyls repeatedly.  For numbers 2-16, I've listed for each where I found them for the first time.

1. OUT OF THE PAST (is in your collection upon starting the game.  It is a track option in the CUTTING ROOM, and all other rooms)
  2. A DOUBLE LIFE    (chapter 6/THEATER)
  3. A STAR IS BORN    (chapter 6/THEATER)
  4. DAUGHTER OF HORROR    (chapter 8/CAGE)
  5. MULHOLLAND DRIVE    (chapter 8/CAGE)
  6. MURDER, MY SWEET    (chapter 7/PRISON)
  7. NO WAY OUT    (chapter 3/HOME)
  8. OUT OF THE PAST    (chapter 3/HOME)
  9. SCARLET STREET    (chapter 5/HOTEL)
  10. SPELLBOUND    (chapter 5/HOTEL)
  11. STAGE FRIGHT    (chapter 6/HOME)
  12. SUNSET BOULEVARD    (chapter 6/HOME)
  13. THE BAD SEED    (chapter 4/HOSPITAL)
  14. THE BIG HEAT    (chapter 4/HOSPITAL)
  15. THE SECOND WOMAN    (chapter 2/STUDIO)
  16. THE WRONG MAN    (chapter 2/STUDIO)

I don't think these are ones you can find; they appear to just be a special track for each type of room.

IN A LONELY PLACE (is a track option in the SAFE ROOM but not in the the LOST ROOM or the DRESSING ROOM or the CUTTING ROOM)
THE MOON IS BLUE (is an option in the LOST ROOM but not in the DRESSING ROOM or the CUTTING ROOM or the SAFE ROOM)
KISS ME DEADLY (is a track option in the DRESSING ROOM but not in the CUTTING ROOM or the SAFE ROOM or the LOST ROOM)
GASLIGHT  (is a track option in the CUTTING ROOM but not in the the SAFE ROOM or the LOST ROOM or the DRESSING ROOM)

Do you know from Steam, where the 17th Vinyl is?

Maybe it works with an older update with the Updateblocker Trick on 1.00?

Would be so sad, to find no solution :(

On 10/23/2022 at 9:22 AM, jayboo1991 said:

Do you know from Steam, where the 17th Vinyl is?

Maybe it works with an older update with the Updateblocker Trick on 1.00?

Would be so sad, to find no solution :(

From Steam I only got confirmation that there were supposed to be 17 unique vinyls.  Which means there are two missing vinyls, not just one.

When the game first launched, there were vinyls in Chapter 1 but they didn't track properly.  After they patched the game so that the other vinyls showed up and tracked, the ones in Chapter 1 disappeared.  Beyond that, Chapter 7 is the only chapter in which just one vinyl can be found, unlike the others that always have two.  So it should be in Chapter 1 and also possibly Chapter 7 that the missing vinyls are located.

And yes, I am a little sad that I'll always be just one bronze trophy shy of earning that plat. ? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

From Steam I only got confirmation that there were supposed to be 17 unique vinyls.  Which means there are two missing vinyls, not just one.

When the game first launched, there were vinyls in Chapter 1 but they didn't track properly.  After they patched the game so that the other vinyls showed up and tracked, the ones in Chapter 1 disappeared.  Beyond that, Chapter 7 is the only chapter in which just one vinyl can be found, unlike the others that always have two.  So it should be in Chapter 1 and also possibly Chapter 7 that the missing vinyls are located.

And yes, I am a little sad that I'll always be just one bronze trophy shy of earning that plat. 1f615.png 

I absolutely understand that.

Did you tested it, to collect on version 1.00 2 vinyls (in Chapter 1 and/or 7) and then upgrade it and collect the other 15?

Maybe it's enough to just collect 17 pieces and the trophy will unlock (if the save is compatible of course) :)

Edited by jayboo1991