Sony Rewards Removing Trophy Pass Redemption - Nov 7th, 2019

Got an email from Sony Rewards about an hour ago. It reads:

"As part of the Sony Rewards Passes program, opportunities to earn rewards through challenges like earning in-game trophies and renting movies will come and go. On 11/07/19, the opportunity to earn and redeem for the Silver, Gold and Platinum Trophies Passes will end and the Pass will be removed from your dashboards as it is no longer available."

Not sure how to post a screenshot of the email, otherwise I would. The Rewards themselves aren't going away, but it looks like passes for Silver, Gold, and Plat trophies will. You have until Nov. 7th to complete the passes!

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit
  • Like 2

yeah just read the email and was expecting november as it was said on the other sony rewards topic that this would happen then. :/

well, i'll likely be able to reach the 10 platinum pass once more at 234 platinums. doubtful i'll reach it a final time at 244 by that time. but who knows.

definitely sad to see it go, sure the points came in slow even if you reached the milestone some months before, but it was nice when all the points did come in. what could have ruined it is people creating alts. to get quick platinums to redeem for it endlessly.

the email said something about new and exciting passes on the way, but the ones they've have had really haven't been lol. i miss when sales had those double or X3, X5 points, before trophy passes those helped toward earning points.

I remember before they did the massive overall in the rewards that I had no problem with them counting my acceptable trophies. After they did though, it takes forever for them to update, if they do, and I feel like its not counting as much as I'm achieving. I was able to get quite a bit out though and all good things have to end.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dottyduke1 said:

I remember before they did the massive overall in the rewards that I had no problem with them counting my acceptable trophies. After they did though, it takes forever for them to update, if they do, and I feel like its not counting as much as I'm achieving. I was able to get quite a bit out though and all good things have to end.

Right? Before it was like 1 to 2 weeks to update the passes and give out rewards. Now its like months before they decide to update them but they do give out rewards a lot faster now.

• Like 1

Lets hope theres new passes coming in for trophies. Who knows, they said they are removing to make room for new passes, but if its passes for other things there really isnt a real reason to remove these unless they plan on changing it, maybe now you have to hit 50 plats or 100 plats until you get rewarded or even more of each of the others till we get points. Lets just hope!!

Yeah this was announced last November. I honestly think it's the usual corporate greed mentality as always. Sony Rewards didn't anticipate just how many trophy hunters there were just in the US alone, got way more activity on this than they expected, which resulted in them basically giving away more free money than they expected. They realized they had something that benefited the consumer more than the business so it had to be taken away. It's the same story with Best Buy taking away Gamers Club Unlocked and Amazon doing away with the 20% Discount on new games with Prime. Any time something helps the gamer save money...it never lasts, 

Not like it matters. Sony Rewards royally screwed their own program. They take it down back in October to "upgrade" it...and it took until May to actually come back up. And since then it's been slow, and generally unresponsive. Hell there's a ton of people that can't even do anything unless they call SR. It updated the other day for me, but it's still drastically behind on it's count. Saying I'm at 5 out of 10 Platinums...when I'm actually at 8. Plus I have a ton of PS Store purchased it hasn't given me points for. I'll call them up when I get 2 more Plats...a $10 PSN always goes a long way, but I'm pretty much done caring at this point. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Do the Platinum and points only work for games released in the US territory or getting platinums in Japanese games also counts toward the trophy pass?  I better get going on getting as many platinums as I can before November 2019. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 5:58 AM, Emiinah said:

Too bad this program was never released outside of the US 1f612.png

This annoys me greatly. Microsoft has a great free rewards program which works really well for Xbox users. They also have a paid service called "Game Pass", I believe it's kind of similar to PS Now but way cheaper (unsure of the quality difference though). In their Game Pass users have the ability to earn reward points through achievements and once they rack up enough points they can redeem for gift cards or even the ability to purchase Xbox Gold for up to 12 months (equivalent of PS Plus). It's accessible to many countries and the list is slowly growing.

We need something like this for everyone on PlayStation. If Microsoft can confidently offer such things then Sony should be able to.

Sadly this will only happen if Microsoft 'wins' the next console war, like they did the first.  Remember how much stuff Sony just threw at us during the height of the X360/PS3 era?  It was awesome!  Then Xbone failed and Sony decided to take away everything and nickel and dime us to death.  As a [mainly] Playstation gamer, I'm rooting for Microsoft next gen.  Then maybe we'll start seeing Sony try again...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

Sadly this will only happen if Microsoft 'wins' the next console war, like they did the first.  Remember how much stuff Sony just threw at us during the height of the X360/PS3 era?  It was awesome!  Then Xbone failed and Sony decided to take away everything and nickel and dime us to death.  As a [mainly] Playstation gamer, I'm rooting for Microsoft next gen.  Then maybe we'll start seeing Sony try again...

Yeah it’s obvious. 

Sony has dominated this entire console generation. 

Back in 2011 they were begging gamers to stick with them because of PSN getting hacked and shutdown. They rewarded “free” games as well as a bunch of other goodies. 

Look at Sony now. They’re all high and mighty. Microsoft CANNOT touch them. That’s why competition is good, you get better deals and more choices. 

I may opt for the Switch, go back to Runescape or go back to gaming on Steam. Sony is too full of their own shit to see their own problems.

I’m wagering Sony watched the VPNs and alt accounts start racking up the points completely out of their marketing projections and budget. Wasn’t too hard for them to see which accounts redeemed the points and where the money was spent.

This program was ill conceived from the beginning and it was only a matter of time before it imploded. 

• Like 2