Sony Rewards Removing Trophy Pass Redemption - Nov 7th, 2019

On 10/16/2019 at 2:12 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

I got an email from Sony about this. I don't even use Sony Rewards, but I was given 500 points (as I suspect you were) the other day that I did not earn. Strangely, Sony decided to remove them instead of giving people a free gift. I guess they don't care about good customer service...

October 16th, 2019
spacer.gif
Hello,
spacer.gif
We are writing to notify you of a recent point balance change that was erroneously made to your Sony Rewards account. We mistakenly added 500 Sony Rewards points to your account.

Unfortunately, our system wrongly indicated that you were eligible for and had completed the necessary steps associated with the Newbie Movie Buff Pass, and as a result, the system mistakenly added the 500 Sony Rewards points to your balance. We discovered the issue on October 2, 2019, and in order to correct this error, we have now removed the 500 points that were erroneously added to your Points Balance. The removal will be listed in your Points Activity as "Correction - Newbie Movie Buff Pass."

We deeply regret that your account was impacted by this error. We take your enjoyment of the Sony Rewards program very seriously, and this is not the kind of experience we want for our members.

Thank you for your understanding,
spacer.gif
Sony Rewards Customer Service Team

That so cheap and petty of them. They could have just let that go. Its not your fault they messed up. 500 points doesnt even do much with how over priced everything is. They keep making this program so bad its not even worth doing anymore imo. I guess maybe if you have the Sony branded credit card, but for people just buying movies, games and earning trophies, its pretty much over...

1 hour ago, flashpool23 said:

So I need 10 platinums before it ends. Any recommendations? I just finished a platinum pass but another one might be doable?

I think you'd only have 1 or 2 days from nowto get 10 platinums. It takes like 3 weeks for trophies to sync to Sony Rewards.

So if you want to do it, stack the cheapest Ratalaika games, but that may end up costing you more than $10.

Edited by Milktastrophe

1 hour ago, Milktastrophe said:

I think you'd only have 1 or 2 days from nowto get 10 platinums. It takes like 3 weeks for trophies to sync to Sony Rewards.

So if you want to do it, stack the cheapest Ratalaika games, but that may end up costing you more than $10.

Oh no in that case I won't give it a try. At best I'd break even and it's not like those are game of the year contenders. Thanks though!

• 2 weeks later...

I need 17 points to earn another $10 PSN code.

I have never referred anyone, but when I try now no emails work when the recipient tries. 

Can't use social networking passes as it keeps asking for a phone number to download their application, that isn't happening in any lifetime.

I am not spending $17 real dollars to earn a $10 PSN code.

Does any one have any bright ideas?

1 hour ago, EcoShifter said:

So I can only have the PSN cards mailed to my living address rather than mailed digitally. Good job, SIE.

That's just their kooky language, "shipped" in this case means sent via email. You get order a confirmation email, an order shipped email, and then a "Your Playstation code" email with the 12 character code.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ZZ383 said:

I have never had that issue.. details to share on this?

Well, it's an issue i'm seemingly having currently. The only way to receive a PSN card is through shipping to my physical address.

Edited by EcoShifter

This whole scheme, while great fan service for the trophy hunters, was corporate suicide. If you've done all the sub 1 hour platinums already you have your CoD MW 2019s and your Concrete Genies that even I, with not much time on my hands anymore, can do quickly. Too good to be true, I'm surprised it even went back up and carried on for this long. Even with only a minority of players being trophy hunters, easy trophy lists makes this too much of a cash hemorrhage for them. 

Had they done this back in 2009-2010 it would've been more interesting. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

Well, it's an issue i'm seemingly having currently. The only way to receive a PSN card is through shipping to my physical address.

While you do need to enter an address, phone number, etc. to make an order, I've always got mine via email afterwords (usually within an hour). :hmm:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

That's just their kooky language, "shipped" in this case means sent via email. You get order a confirmation email, an order shipped email, and then a "Your Playstation code" email with the 12 character code.

5 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

They always tell me that, too, but they end up emailing it to my account.

1 minute ago, Masamune said:

While you do need to enter an address, phone number, etc. to make an order, I've always got mine via email afterwords (usually within an hour). :hmm:

Aight.

1 hour ago, MiloFPS said:

This whole scheme, while great fan service for the trophy hunters, was corporate suicide. If you've done all the sub 1 hour platinums already you have your CoD MW 2019s and your Concrete Genies that even I, with not much time on my hands anymore, can do quickly. Too good to be true, I'm surprised it even went back up and carried on for this long. Even with only a minority of players being trophy hunters, easy trophy lists makes this too much of a cash hemorrhage for them. 

Had they done this back in 2009-2010 it would've been more interesting. 

Exactly their own greed destroyed them. This would be perfect one generation ago, it could never work in the era of pay 2 plat.

I received an email earlier today about this Sony Rewards thing and here I was thinking that it had already died earlier this year. Oh, well, I'll check later if I can redeem another PSN card before the closure date. I swear I've received like 3 emails at different points throughout this year stating that the service will be closing in a few months, yet here we're in November and it's still going on. :hmm:

I haven't been playing that much but I might still have a chance to redeem 1 or 2 $10 PSN cards. Nice! :D

They've always been pretty clear that it ends in November, for customers who've already opted-in to trophy passes.

Anyway, after pestering them repeatedly on the phone, Facebook, and Twitter, I finally got an answer for those of us with delayed pass progress (mine still says 9/10, even though I've earned nearly 40 platinums):

Hi Jason, We are aware there is a delay in posting earned trophies and points. Please rest assured we will credit to your account all trophies and points earned on or before November 7. Have a good day!

So they claim we'll eventually receive the owed points, even after the trophy pass program ends. Folks, finish out your last ten plats over the next week, if possible. I'm really going to miss these—I've earned over $200 in PSN credit through them.

Will have like 50 plat and 200 golds with the last go... man. I can go play the long games like dark souls now. Been a long time playing short games half done games.

Think iv made like 200$ off this program.? Loved it. Hope they do it again in the future.

On 10/16/2019 at 1:12 PM, MosesRockefeller said:

I got an email from Sony about this. I don't even use Sony Rewards, but I was given 500 points (as I suspect you were) the other day that I did not earn. Strangely, Sony decided to remove them instead of giving people a free gift. I guess they don't care about good customer service...

October 16th, 2019
spacer.gif
Hello,
spacer.gif
We are writing to notify you of a recent point balance change that was erroneously made to your Sony Rewards account. We mistakenly added 500 Sony Rewards points to your account.

Unfortunately, our system wrongly indicated that you were eligible for and had completed the necessary steps associated with the Newbie Movie Buff Pass, and as a result, the system mistakenly added the 500 Sony Rewards points to your balance. We discovered the issue on October 2, 2019, and in order to correct this error, we have now removed the 500 points that were erroneously added to your Points Balance. The removal will be listed in your Points Activity as "Correction - Newbie Movie Buff Pass."

We deeply regret that your account was impacted by this error. We take your enjoyment of the Sony Rewards program very seriously, and this is not the kind of experience we want for our members.

Thank you for your understanding,
spacer.gif
Sony Rewards Customer Service Team

I missed this before!

You too, huh? I got those 500 points, and a 15% discount. Both were rescinded soon after. I don't even care so much that they correct their mistake, but God - why are they so bad at this reward system? Is it really that hard to implement, after all this time?

Fine. Downloaded app. Watched a video. Got my last few points. Went to buy the PSN card, and found an option to purchase on a direct 1for1 cost points. WHAaaaaaaa!?

I suppose if you only need a few as I did this could save you tons of effort.

Spoiler

djnYaTc.png

Edited by ZZ383
Put big image in spioiler box.

So Trophy passes had ended a few days now. Had anyone got there last points distributed yet? Mine just shows the app broken atm..

Edited by NERVergoproxy

9 minutes ago, NERVergoproxy said:

So Trophy passes had ended a few days now. Had anyone got there last points distributed yet? Mine just shows the app broken atm..

Nope, I'm still owed a 10 Plat pass, showing 7/10 even though I've earned 3 more since.

5 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Nope, I'm still owed a 10 Plat pass, showing 7/10 even though I've earned 3 more since.

How do you even see this kind of detail? Again, I've been seeing nothing but circular progression bars but with no numerical details for a long time.

Edited by EcoShifter