any1 notice facebook is auto posting ps4 trophies again?

melodicmizery

a few years ago facebook use to automatically post each trophy you earned on playstation if you had that option enabled. for some reason, maybe timeline flooding, they disabled it a few years back.

today i noticed everytime i start blood waves, it says on fb ive started the game, also every trophy ive earned so far has been posted on my fb

is this happening to anyone else or just me? im wondering if its just this game or all games

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

Not just you--it's happening for me now, too.

i ended up going into my ps4 settings and shutting the notifications off. this was a cool feature years ago when earning trophies was a bit slower. but i looked at my fb and it had about 40 posts in a hour. i had to apologize to my friends lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Devilm00n_93 said:

How do you set the posts to be visibile only by yourself? Is this done from Facebook or from your PS4?

I... don't know.  The posts to facebook are coming from "PlayStation Network", but I can't find that app in my facebook settings anymore.

Even the PS4 tells you to look there*, but I'm having no luck.

*From the PS4:  Settings > Sharing and Broadcasts > Link with Other Services > Facebook > Publish Settings > Publish to this Facebook audience [comes from the facebook settings]

i also cant find the app in my faebook anymore (actually almost any app i had isnt showing now exept discuss)

i couldnt find it in my ps4 settings either. maybe it is in the ps3 settings.

i looked at my fb and it looks like in my activity log its posted trophies over the years, but never displayed them to me, or anyone else. they were hidden.

odd

Edited by melodicmizery

6 hours ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

The posts to facebook are coming from "PlayStation Network", but I can't find that app in my facebook settings anymore.

Even the PS4 tells you to look there*, but I'm having no luck.

16 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i also cant find the app in my faebook anymore (actually almost any app i had isnt showing now exept discuss)

i couldnt find it in my ps4 settings either. maybe it is in the ps3 settings.

That's what I thought, I remembered that way back when it still used to post all your stuff on facebook I had set the PlayStation Network app to be only visible by me, but I can't find it anymore and now the posts are public. So strange, I might have to cut the link between my PS4 and FB

So apparently you have to go to Settings > Apps and Websites; From there you scroll to the bottom and change the privacy settings for "Old Versions of Facebook for Mobile" (This is because apparently PSN uses an old API version, at least according to the source I read this from) to Only Me or whatever you prefer.

I haven't tested it yet since it's quite late for me but I'll update tomorrow once I have the chance to boot up my PS4. If anyone can test it out before I do please report back your findings!

3 hours ago, Devilm00n_93 said:

So apparently you have to go to Settings > Apps and Websites; From there you scroll to the bottom and change the privacy settings for "Old Versions of Facebook for Mobile" (This is because apparently PSN uses an old API version, at least according to the source I read this from) to Only Me or whatever you prefer.

I haven't tested it yet since it's quite late for me but I'll update tomorrow once I have the chance to boot up my PS4. If anyone can test it out before I do please report back your findings!

I tried it, and it didn't work--immediately, anyway.  I'll leave it set to public for a day or two and see if just takes a while to take effect.

On 6/27/2019 at 2:05 AM, DaisyVilla102 said:

From the PS4:  Settings > Sharing and Broadcasts > Link with Other Services > Facebook > Publish Settings > Publish to this Facebook audience [comes from the facebook settings]

I figured it out.
Instead of going to Sharing and Broadcasts you have to go to Account Management, then you follow the same steps as above but you can set the information about trophies and activity to be only visible by you when posted on Facebook.

4 hours ago, Devilm00n_93 said:

I figured it out.
Instead of going to Sharing and Broadcasts you have to go to Account Management, then you follow the same steps as above but you can set the information about trophies and activity to be only visible by you when posted on Facebook.

I get the same results, though:  Settings > Account Management > Link with Other Services > Facebook > Publish Settings > Publish to this Facebook audience [still tells me this comes from the facebook settings]

It's still at "Only Me", and I can't change it from there, either. ? I actually prefer it to be "Only Me"; it just bugs me that I can't figure how to change it to something else if I wanted to. :shakefist:

• 2 weeks later...