What Platinum is rarer than it should be?

Narfi525

After looking at the "Your hardest platinum that is NOT Ultra Rare" post I thought what platinum do I have that is much rarer then it should be.  I know the reasoning for some is stuff like PS+ but just wondering what people think based on their experience with platting it. I'd go with "DMC Devil May Cry" it's really not that bad of a plat with 5.56% rarity.

• Like 1

I'm going to go with Bound.

It probably shouldn't be anywhere near 0.63%.  I know it was on PS+, and people will say that will drive it down...

But, then I look at the PS+ games I played with similar platinum rarity:

Bound (0.63%)

OlliOlli 2 (0.64%)

Trackmania Turbo (0.64%)

One of these just doesn't belong, and it's Bound.

• Like 3

Just Cause 3 (3.68%): There is a lot of grind but that's really it.

Prison Architect (3.90%): The most difficult trophy is the snapshot one because it's very random and a bit buggy from my experience. Every other trophy is easy if you set up your prison correctly.

Monster Monpeice (10.98%): All the trophies you will earn eventually. The online trophies require boosting anyway because the online is empty. Collecting 500 cards is a little tough but doesn't take very long after you hit the end game.

• Like 1

I always thought The Last Guardian was a game that's rarer than it should be. Sure it takes a couple playthroughs but all of its trophies are fairly straight-forward and the time based trophies have lots of leeway. Its platinum trophy is at 3% rarity! Always figured 6 - 10% rarity or something would make more sense for that game :P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

For the ones that I have platinum that are consider ultra rare, that I didn't think was that hard to achieve are the following listed below. I guess they are still consider ultra rare cause a lot of people probably stopped playing them altogether or just gave up. But both are extremely easy and rather doable. 

The Escapists = 3.74%
Lone Survivor = 4.90%

Mafia II and Mafia III

I may be in the minority but I absolutely loved playing through these games.

Hard difficulty in Mafia II isn't hard, it's at worst slightly annoying. You have to run around and collect Playboy magazines and Wanted posters, the latter of which is a boring collectible required for the platinum trophy.

Most people who have the platinum probably know the infamous Wanted poster that is only reachable by driving your car off the freeway and landing on top of a building. But that's about the worst of it.

Easy platinum.

Mafia III gets a lot of criticism for it's repetitive gameplay. You have to save all the possible underbosses once and then kill them all in two playthroughs, because you can't go back and revert your decision once you take over that section of the districts. Nothing difficult in this game, although a few glitches prevent this one from being great.

Absolutely love the 1950s - 1960s soundtracks and the games attempts at recreating the time period. Both had fine acting, they did a good job with the story in both games.

The platinum trophies are definitely rarer than they should. I think most just give up on Mafia III because of how boring it can be.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dmland12 said:

I'm going to go with Bound.

It probably shouldn't be anywhere near 0.63%.  I know it was on PS+, and people will say that will drive it down...

But, then I look at the PS+ games I played with similar platinum rarity:

Bound (0.63%)

OlliOlli 2 (0.64%)

Trackmania Turbo (0.64%)

One of these just doesn't belong, and it's Bound.

Neither Bound nor OlliOlli2 should be equivalent to Trackmania Turbo, holy shit that game ?

Definitely Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime. Everything in that game can be done on the easiest difficulty, and shouldn't take longer than a couple of hours if only played for trophies. It's the most fun to be had on the PS4 in couch-coop, just a genious game. Realistically this should be a ~35% plat. 

I would also mention Lords of the Fallen. I mean I understand why it is ultra rare, but personally I didn't dislike the game THAT much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

GTAV.... People are lazy.

Agree. On the thread saying choose a plat from the person above you they always say to mine gta 5. I got plat on the ps3 and ps4 version n it was really fun

1 hour ago, Jasko_SOA said:

100% agree

I vote vor GTA IV and Injustice 2

When gta 4 started out i can understand your point but online now is such a grind. I started it recently and got bout 90 percent of trophies

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Narfi525 said:

After looking at the "Your hardest platinum that is NOT Ultra Rare" post I thought what platinum do I have that is much rarer then it should be.  I know the reasoning for some is stuff like PS+ but just wondering what people think based on their experience with platting it. I'd go with "DMC Devil May Cry" it's really not that bad of a plat with 5.56% rarity.

Not that bad? Lmao not that bad. Capcom can take their outrageous one hit death mode and shove it up their asses.

Mercenary Kings took about 3 days playtime. It's not a hard game, really. Many people have the game from their psplus subscription and that definitely increases the rarity. Bottom line, I can't see someone making an attempt to get the platinum and not being able.

Edited by NinjaWitShuriken
  • Like 1