Puyo Puyo Strategy/Tactic?

Surgical_Assault

11 hours ago, WhiteRaito said:

Considering they never patched the minigame difficulty ? i dont think so. i still worried about otometal on Y kiwami . never personally tried it tho i hope i can do the otometal :/ at least it should be easier than puyo lol

Don't worry, it's not as bad as puyo. Took me like 5 or 6 attempts, you should get the hang of it eventually. Try not to lose your cool though lol

The only other real challenge in Kiwami is the car chase sequence on Legend.

After 3h I only made it to level 13.

Even with the tower method I really have problems getting wins, sometimes I just lose at opponent 1 or 2.

I'm building three towers one the right side and then I try to pop chains which works most of the time, should I always fill up the 3 rows as soon as I pop some chains ?

For me it seems incredibly hard, after 10+ opponents I usually just got screwed over by the AI.

Edited by KingTom95

I've been trying to do Puyo Puyo for days and nothing. I will take more than 15h easy. I have decided to dedicate 1h a day to not overwhelm and until you leave. Today I have reached round 19 and they eliminated me :(, I make the strategy of the 3 towers on the right but still the bear and the scientist make combos to the minimum. I don't know how the Yakuza's platinum will be, I hope more easy or that there is no Puyo Puyo xD

On 26/6/2019 at 5:42 PM, Asimb0mb said:

I'll just copy my reply from the trophy thoughts thread:

What I do is I first make sure the three columns on the right are completely filled. While filling up the third column, I also pay attention to which color is at the bottom of the third column and I make sure I drop at least one more, ideally two more, of the same color at the bottom of the fourth column by rotating so that only the color I need falls into that fourth column. That makes it a bit easier to eventually get all 4 of the same color at the bottom. Then when they do pop, it often gives a chain reaction up above for massive damage.

If all three columns on the right are filled and I get some junk colors I don't need, I just pile them up on the leftmost column. Every so often I make sure to clean that part up when I see the opportunity, because I do need that part to be somewhat clean just in case I'm in a bit of a pinch. Also, I always pick the fish character because he can really screw you over if you battle him sometimes.

Got to 51 wins with this method.

Quick question, you build your 3 tower at the beginning, then obviously the tower will get lower after a few chains, so what do you do there, you use it as junk pile or refill it as soon as possible?

The problem I hit with this strat is that often enemies will wreck you with a few combos while refilling your tower or you get out of space for the same reason, so im not getting the gist of the strategy.

Edited by BlackTorito

13 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

This is legit why videogames make people violent. Been trying since yesterday and barely made to the 5th level 2 or 3 times... fml

*Gasps* so Politicians were right all along!

Jokes aside, I'm not looking forward to it. I'm currently sitting at about 68% completion but I've delayed this completely. So much so I'm pretty much done my mahjong challenges lol. 

I'm going to have to learn this once I get around to playing it and I'll probably update everyone here about my experience with the minigame.

Good luck!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

*Gasps* so Politicians were right all along!

Jokes aside, I'm not looking forward to it. I'm currently sitting at about 68% completion but I've delayed this completely. So much so I'm pretty much done my mahjong challenges lol. 

I'm going to have to learn this once I get around to playing it and I'll probably update everyone here about my experience with the minigame.

Good luck!

I didn't think it was going to be this bad before I started with it, but yeah it sucks so much lol

Still have to finish mahjong too, did everything but that triple straight, every time I got close to it someone else called riichi and won.

GL to you too!

tenor.gif?itemid=7190078

• Like 1

I dont know how people can say its easy with the 3 tower method.

Maybe it is just me or my luck since im already played puyo puyo for around 20h and my highscore is 21....

Im getting better im also getting faster but this doesnt really matter if AI decides to scew me up so often.

Its ridiculous cause there is actually no room for errors, every souls lilke game i played has less punishment than the puyo puyo requirement for judgment.

I might upload a video of my tries, maybe someone can tell me what am i doing wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingTom95 said:

Maybe it is just me or my luck since im already played puyo puyo for around 20h and my highscore is 21....

Im getting better im also getting faster but this doesnt really matter if AI decides to scew me up so often.

Its ridiculous cause there is actually no room for errors, every souls lilke game i played has less punishment than the puyo puyo requirement for judgment.

I might upload a video of my tries, maybe someone can tell me what am i doing wrong.

Do you restack the 3 towers even in you only make a 1 combo? Thats what I guess you could say is the trick behind it, no matter how big or little of a combo you make you always want to keep them 3 towers topped up all the time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTom95 said:

I have at least 6h of playtime in Puyo and only got to 27 once, no Lulua tho =/

Most of the time I lose at around 5~15.

Can only Copy my tips from „trophy thoughts“ Thread in here. It helped At least one guy there. Never Played puyo puyo in my life before and After one week After playing one hour each session, i was able to Beat the mini Game with a little Bit of strategy and luck:

„Try to fill the first 2 columns and when you are filling the 3 column you should always prepare the 4th column with the same colour as the bottom. I had the same Problems like you at first because I was just stupid and filled the 3 columns as fast as possible. Sometimes it is really bad luck and you just get screwed but don´t give up, you will have your lucky run.

I used the fish, because he Can screw you over. The worst opponents which screw you over are the bear and the jojo guy (in my opinion). Try to Combo them fast so they are not able to make a good build. If you get some of the early Girls as Opponent I would suggest to clean your board of unnecessary puyos to start fresh for harder opponents. It´s Sound trivial but it has a big Impact to know the strenght of each Opponent to see when you are able to relax a bit and when to be fast in your playstyle.

This are the only tips I Can give, good luck!“

• Like 2

Thanks for your answers, guys. I will not give up and try more what @Inuty said.

1 hour ago, kanzenchaos said:

I have at least 6h of playtime in Puyo and only got to 27 once, no Lulua tho =/

Most of the time I lose at around 5~15.

27 is really good keep up, at some rounds you cant do anything as a beginner i guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Got to 21 today for the first time.. after 3 days.

EDIT: Got to 36 and she didnt spawn LOVE IT!

36 and no Rulue??????? My God this is very annoying and not fair anyone post on SEGA or RGGT studio on twitter, FB etc.. for a damn patch? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Got to 21 today for the first time.. after 3 days.

EDIT: Got to 36 and she didnt spawn LOVE IT!

Did you play as Rulue? The character you are playing will not appear as enemy. 

Just want to point it out if this is the Problem 

I actually got another great run, and she spawned at 34... I got to 38, and she spawned again, I wasn't paying attention at that point though. These are my tips:

• The 3-tower method is not "easy" but it's easier than being good at Puyo Puyo (though it relies on luck). If you haven't played Puyo before you are aiming at hours and hours of practice at bare minimum.
  • Take breaks after a loss streak or after a really long run, its not efficient to play if you are not in the mood.
  • Speed is the key, this method relies on some luck, and the only way to actually increase the odds on your favor is being really fast at matching the colors, this is because if the tower and doesn't chain, then the % increases on your next color matching.
  • Focus not only on the bottom color, but at least on the 3 bottom ones, though start building from the bottom. The pace of the game will force you to change the color you are focusing.
  • Always stack the 3-tower fast, unless the left side is too high, then try to clean it as fast as possible.
  • After beating an opponent, you can do 2 things, stack your tower again, or if its at 80% slow down the Puyos until the next opponent is up, this will make your chains unwasted.
  • Understanding the basics of Puyo may also help in your chaining, if you are able to recognize which pieces will cause a chain after matching them it became easier to keep alive in the games, specially if you are cleaning the left side.
  • Left side is garbage bin, but you should also be constructing good color structures to be able to clean them easily and potentially come back from a choke.
  • The previous points are needed to be like a second nature, this is only achieved by quality practicing (bullet 2) and getting good sleep.

All in all, you are aiming at around 3 or more days at this, depending on your luck, or maybe even a whole week, some people are lucky enough to do it in 1 day, but that's maybe because they weren't new to this method. I have uploaded my run here, and you can see most of the points I make:

I hope they patch it anyway, as it is one of the worst scums I've ever encountered, as it is not enough to reach 25, but it is also luck based that you get Rulue to spawn. It's not even a gold achievement in KamuroGo, this is the making of Satan at SEGA. The Chocobo balloons at FF X was painful, but this is just another level.

EDIT: @Inuty I know, I was playing as the fish, I just got horrible luck.

Edited by BlackTorito

26 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Post here for a patch https://twitter.com/rggstudio and pray 

This probably won't help since the game already came out in December(japan release)

Most of the people outside of Asia get this done anyways after sometime so they probably don't care but I can write them a post and hope.

I have horrible luck in this game, I'm now at 25h and made it to 27 but of course rulue doesn't appear.

The whole day I got screwed by JoJo and bear guy at level 11.

It just sucks to play for like 4-5 and have one good run...

Edited by KingTom95

58 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

This probably won't help since the game already came out in December(japan release)

Most of the people outside of Asia get this done anyways after sometime so they probably don't care but I can write them a post and hope.

I have horrible luck in this game, I'm now at 25h and made it to 27 but of course rulue doesn't appear.

The whole day I got screwed by JoJo and bear guy at level 11.

It just sucks to play for like 4-5 and have one good run...

I post too and pray, hope lots of people follow us, but i think major of peoples don't care about this things T_T i hate random and luck based things, if i tried i want a Rulue guarantee spawn at example level 25. Not play and pray

Most of the time I only get to around level 10, so getting to level 27 and still having to pray for her to spawn is ridiculous.

Might have to give up on this one tbh, feels like a huge waste of time for a single completion requirement.

Edit: Got to 23 just now and then got hit by a huge ass combo and died almost instantly, seriously, this game sucks so much.

Edited by kanzenchaos

50 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

Most of the time I only get to around level 10, so getting to level 27 and still having to pray for her to spawn is ridiculous.

Might have to give up on this one tbh, feels like a huge waste of time for a single completion requirement.

I agree