Surgical_Assault

Puyo Puyo Strategy/Tactic?

90 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2019 at 4:11 AM, kanzenchaos said:

Don't worry, it's not as bad as puyo. Took me like 5 or 6 attempts, you should get the hang of it eventually. Try not to lose your cool though lol

 

The only other real challenge in Kiwami is the car chase sequence on Legend.

already got 960 on the highscore list. people has been saying the car chase is hard. is it 1 hit KO ? i mean its not that frustating if you had the golden gun rite? at least on the triad boss battl.

worst case its 4 hrs rite? and kill the bike driver first is what i learned. 

I mean i've cleared all the proving grounds on climax battle. including the infamous stage 8 lol. i dont see anything worse than the haruka whims (Billiards) i had 0 knowledge on it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So I just started this game and Puyo Puyo is first thing I tried after the mandatory story objectives. It took about 5 hours of attempts for me to defeat all opponents.

 

I was struggling like hell as the fish and only got to 18 at most consecutively - most times I didn't even get to 10 - then I switched to the bear and managed to get to 35 and the 2 opponents that appear around there on second attempt as him.

 

Don't really know how I did better as him and if anyone hasn't tried this as him, maybe do so and see if you do any better. It's luck and skill as said but I was a stranger to Puyo Puyo prior to this and I'm not good at Tetris and its clones, so maybe that should boost some confidence.

Edited by LunaKishi
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, LunaKishi said:

So I just started this game and Puyo Puyo is first thing I tried after the mandatory story objectives. It took me about 5 hours of attempts for me to defeat all opponents.

 

I was struggling like hell as the fish and only got to 18 at most consecutively - most times I didn't even get to 10 - then I switched to the bear and managed to get to 35 and the 2 opponents that appear around there on second attempt as him.

 

Don't know really know how I did better as him and if anyone hasn't tried this as the him, maybe play as him and see if you do any better. It's luck and skill as said but I was a stranger to Puyo Puyo prior to this, so maybe that should give some confidence.

nah it's just that random unless you learn properly to do puyo. i think i've tried like around 10 hrs on a span of a week or two.
1st time i played it 5 hrs with no luck
2nd time i played it like 20 mins - 1 hr per day or even not playing it at all for a full week
3rd time is a charm it took 2 hrs and i got to stage 44, yeap i decided to keep going after the rulue and keep winning like crazy

and yeah most of the time i lost at 4-5th stage lol

Edited by WhiteRaito
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WhiteRaito said:

nah it's just that random unless you learn properly to do puyo. i think i've tried like around 10 hrs on a span of a week or two.
1st time i played it 5 hrs with no luck
2nd time i played it like 20 mins - 1 hr per day or even not playing it at all for a full week
3rd time is a charm it took 2 hrs and i got to stage 44, yeap i decided to keep going after the rulue and keep winning like crazy

and yeah most of the time i lost at 4-5th stage lol

I know it's rng as hell, but figured I should give it a mention since I almost did twice as better as the bear than the fish when most people recommend the latter.

 

off topic:

22 minutes ago, WhiteRaito said:

already got 960 on the highscore list. people has been saying the car chase is hard. is it 1 hit KO ? i mean its not that frustating if you had the golden gun rite? at least on the triad boss battl.

worst case its 4 hrs rite? and kill the bike driver first is what i learned.

It's not 1 hit (thank god), but you take more damage ofc; I think the truck at the end can 2 hit you at full health. The issue is you have to restart the whole chapter, which is not hard and only takes like 5 minutes but it's still tedious as hell if you fail the car chase.

 

I strongly recommend watching this video. I got it on first attempt after watching it (I almost didn't get hit once but I wanted to play it safe at the end).

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, LunaKishi said:

I know it's rng as hell, but figured I should give it a mention since I almost did twice as better as the bear than the fish when most people recommend the latter.

 

off topic:

It's not 1 hit (thank god), but you take more damage ofc; I think the truck at the end can 2 hit you at full health. The issue is you have to restart the whole chapter, which is not hard and only takes like 5 minutes but it's still tedious as hell if you fail the car chase.

 

I strongly recommend watching this video. I got it on first attempt after watching it (I almost didn't get hit once but I wanted to play it safe at the end).

 

i already watched it tho lol. i used it on my 1st PT. the problem is i need to pause the game consistently to stop and see who do  i shot first xD aside from the bikers driver

had a question tho. do the ability that you got in the game is being brought to proving grounds? because i dont have sumo slap on my PT and on the proving grounds i dont have the EX either

Edited by WhiteRaito
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WhiteRaito said:

had a question tho. do the ability that you got in the game is being brought to proving grounds? because i dont have sumo slap on my PT and on the proving grounds i dont have the EX either

You mean the skills you unlock in the story will then carry to the Climax Battles? No they don't; at the menu when choosing a battle, it says something like 'Weakest Dragon' to tell you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LunaKishi said:

You mean the skills you unlock in the story will then carry to the Climax Battles? No they don't; at the menu when choosing a battle, it says something like 'Weakest Dragon' to tell you.

yes,  but then why i cant use the sumo slap. i've seen devileon did that on the same proving ground @[email protected] 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just got to 35 and beat Rulua twice, thank god I'm done with this BS lol
 

20 hours ago, WhiteRaito said:

already got 960 on the highscore list. people has been saying the car chase is hard. is it 1 hit KO ? i mean its not that frustating if you had the golden gun rite? at least on the triad boss battl.

worst case its 4 hrs rite? and kill the bike driver first is what i learned. 

I mean i've cleared all the proving grounds on climax battle. including the infamous stage 8 lol. i dont see anything worse than the haruka whims (Billiards) i had 0 knowledge on it.

 

Did you get 960 in Otometal with Haruka with you? If not you'll have to do it again

 

About the car chase, the only annoyance to retry really is Lau, I didn't think about using the golden gun at the time lol

Edited by kanzenchaos
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

Just got to 35 and beat Rulua twice, thank god I'm done with this BS lol
 

 

Did you get 960 in Otometal with Haruka with you? If not you'll have to do it again

 

About the car chase, the only annoyance to retry really is Lau, I didn't think about using the golden gun at the time lol

Decided to skip the platinum, freakin billiard is bullcrap. i gave up on platinum. i've tried the ruler. it doesnt work. sometimes the position is just bad

Edited by WhiteRaito
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, WhiteRaito said:

Decided to skip the platinum, freakin billiard is bullcrap. i gave up on platinum. i've tried the ruler. it doesnt work. sometimes the position is just bad

I did just fine with the ruler trick in both Kiwami and 3 (the latter is way more unforgiving, expert mode is just ridiculous), just be very careful that you're lining it right.

 

I personally suggest a piece of paper since it's bigger, then you can line it up when it bounces on the side of the table and such.

Edited by kanzenchaos
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

I did just fine with the ruler trick in both Kiwami and 3 (the latter is way more unforgiving, expert mode is just ridiculous), just be very careful that you're lining it right.

 

I personally suggest a piece of paper since it's bigger, then you can line it up when it bounces on the side of the table and such.

I guess i will try it time to time tho. like once or twice a week. and lets see if it works. sometimes the position that the ai fail shot is just that bad. you cant angle it using the ruler. i dont understand.
is there a tips for the bad angle? or to do carom shot? i really dont understand. or is there another way of using the ruler trick aside from 1 ball pocket. its only 1 ball per ruler trick. i have no idea to make the next shot after i pocket the ball easier to angle

Edited by WhiteRaito
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhiteRaito said:

I guess i will try it time to time tho. like once or twice a week. and lets see if it works. sometimes the position that the ai fail shot is just that bad. you cant angle it using the ruler. i dont understand.
is there a tips for the bad angle? or to do carom shot? i really dont understand. or is there another way of using the ruler trick aside from 1 ball pocket. its only 1 ball per ruler trick. i have no idea to make the next shot after i pocket the ball easier to angle

I struggled a bit with the carom shot, best use the method in this video:
 

 

To get the angle right the only advice is double check if it's really lined up, can't think of anything else unfortunately =/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again level 14 max, My God i'm really tired why other requirements for minigame are super ok and fun, but this in no sense and insane 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

I struggled a bit with the carom shot, best use the method in this video:
 

 

To get the angle right the only advice is double check if it's really lined up, can't think of anything else unfortunately =/

I got the mister master trophy just a couple of mins ago xD i tried and lady luck finally gifted me the wins. i hate when the NPC throw the ball where the position is impossible to hit any balls. lets see where zombie majima will spawn i need him.

PS: Majima always hidden with kiryu chan sounds. he never shown on themap even tho i am calm may be the no encounter bead affects him?

Edited by WhiteRaito
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Again level 14 max, My God i'm really tired why other requirements for minigame are super ok and fun, but this in no sense and insane 

yah its the same with billiards lol luck mostly

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally did it !!!! 

Rulue came at level 27, the whole process took me around 30h...

 

I probably have to admit that I really suck at tetris like games and its safe to say that anyone like me will have some serious trouble getting this requierement.

 

Only things i can suggest is to always pick the guys who screws you up the most, for me it was the jojo guy while the fish and bear werent that hard for me to beat. 

Another thing is to only play for one hour and maybe come back later and try again, at first i played like 4-5h a day but this game will suck your soul out.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

I finally did it !!!! 

Rulue came at level 27, the whole process took me around 30h...

 

I probably have to admit that I really suck at tetris like games and its safe to say that anyone like me will have some serious trouble getting this requierement.

 

Only things i can suggest is to always pick the guys who screws you up the most, for me it was the jojo guy while the fish and bear werent that hard for me to beat. 

Another thing is to only play for one hour and maybe come back later and try again, at first i played like 4-5h a day but this game will suck your soul out.

 

ye dont have to do it tho. maximizing cp didnt gave anything unlike previous games. but hey congratz

Edited by WhiteRaito
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

I finally did it !!!! 

Rulue came at level 27, the whole process took me around 30h...

 

I probably have to admit that I really suck at tetris like games and its safe to say that anyone like me will have some serious trouble getting this requierement.

 

Only things i can suggest is to always pick the guys who screws you up the most, for me it was the jojo guy while the fish and bear werent that hard for me to beat. 

Another thing is to only play for one hour and maybe come back later and try again, at first i played like 4-5h a day but this game will suck your soul out.

 

Congratz mate, i try everyday one hour a day and pray lv 27 is not bad but to much level to play ARGH

 

PS: you try for 30 HOURS??? *____*

Edited by Neme-ita
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, WhiteRaito said:

ye dont have to do it tho. maximizing cp didnt gave anything unlike previous games. but hey congratz

I dont know if you are at the right thread but we are talking about judgment were you need to complete the CP list again in order to achieve the platinum.

You also can buy stuff from CP.

 

26 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Congratz mate, i try everyday one hour a day and pray lv 27 is not bad but to much level to play ARGH

 

PS: you try for 30 HOURS??? *____*

Just continue like that you will eventually get it but playing it to much doesnt get you anywhere.

 

Yep if i add up all the time i played i definetly had something between 30-35h just for puyo puyo😀 just because i played it for 4-5h a day i wasnt really effective.

Edited by KingTom95
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

I dont know if you are at the right thread but we are talking about judgment were you need to complete the CP list again in order to achieve the platinum.

You also can buy stuff from CP.

 

Just continue like that you will eventually get it but playing it to much doesnt get you anywhere.

 

Yep if i add up all the time i played i definetly had something between 30-35h just for puyo puyo😀 just because i played it for 4-5h i wasnt really effective.

 

oops i forgot it was SP on judgement XD. again you can buy it by farming for 30 minutes instead of  30 hrs.

I have to agree some of my post are OOT but i think the other forums is kinda dead so :/ i guess i can ask something related to it rite

welp luckily i've done did the platinum i guess. and idk if you are going to platinum or not because some people are just completitionist and not bothering for legend playthru and stuffs. so i dont wanna judge everyone's here are going for it

Edited by WhiteRaito
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhiteRaito said:

I got the mister master trophy just a couple of mins ago xD i tried and lady luck finally gifted me the wins. i hate when the NPC throw the ball where the position is impossible to hit any balls. lets see where zombie majima will spawn i need him.

PS: Majima always hidden with kiryu chan sounds. he never shown on themap even tho i am calm may be the no encounter bead affects him?

You need to have your heat meter almost empty for him to show up on your map, that's what calm means (yes I had to look it up at the time too lol)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kanzenchaos said:

You need to have your heat meter almost empty for him to show up on your map, that's what calm means (yes I had to look it up at the time too lol)

nah i;ve found my problem i am using my no encounter bead. after i took it off i found zombie and disco majima. just need 1 more disco majima to complete my skill

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WhiteRaito said:

oops i forgot it was SP on judgement XD. again you can buy it by farming for 30 minutes instead of  30 hrs.

I have to agree some of my post are OOT but i think the other forums is kinda dead so :/ i guess i can ask something related to it rite

welp luckily i've done did the platinum i guess. and idk if you are going to platinum or not because some people are just completitionist and not bothering for legend playthru and stuffs. so i dont wanna judge everyone's here are going for it

Ehhh... how did you platinum Judgment? Puyo Puyo is REQUIRED for the platinum, its not like he was farming anything.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Ehhh... how did you platinum Judgment? Puyo Puyo is REQUIRED for the platinum, its not like he was farming anything.

welp i beat puyo2 in 10 hrs ish in. so yeah thats how it is. i only said not everyone in here wants to platinum it. some people just want 100 percent completition in their book. and not bothering with the platinum.

Edited by WhiteRaito
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WhiteRaito said:

welp i beat puyo2 in 10 hrs ish in. so yeah thats how it is. i only said not everyone in here wants to platinum it. some people just want 100 percent completition in their book. and not bothering with the platinum.

Well all we did understand from your previous messages didn’t make too much sense.

 

Anyway, this is a trophy hunter site, so I don’t think anyone here in his sane mind wouldn’t go after the platinum after going through the hell it is to 100% KamuroGo, after that Legend is a mere formality

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.