Surgical_Assault

Puyo Puyo Strategy/Tactic?

90 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

Well all we did understand from your previous messages didn’t make too much sense.

Anyway, this is a trophy hunter site, so I don’t think anyone here in his sane mind wouldn’t go after the platinum after going through the hell it is to 100% KamuroGo, after that Legend is a mere formality

forgive me then i totally forgot this is a trophy hunter site lol. no joke i do forgot. thanks for the reminder

Edited by WhiteRaito

This challenge is just insane... I haven't even reached wave 25 and over for rulue to spawn. Max I've reached was 21 and I can't get anywhere near close. I can get to 11-15 and sometimes I die at the first or second opponent if I fail to be aggressive early on. Well... We keep trying I guess... 

But seriously I'd rather have win at mahjong 1000 times with open riichi than this. 

Holy snakes!!!!!

391j8v.jpg

I've done it!! I went into the zone and felt like the matrix stacking those puyos... I died at 32 wins and saw the trophy pop... Finally!!!! 

On 8/27/2019 at 6:00 PM, PooPooBlast said:

Holy snakes!!!!!

391j8v.jpg

I've done it!! I went into the zone and felt like the matrix stacking those puyos... I died at 32 wins and saw the trophy pop... Finally!!!! 

Good job!

On 30/08/2019 at 11:07 AM, KoeichiHero said:

Good job!

Thanks man :D. I'm in the home stretch now. Going to pop the plat as my #125 soon!

On 28/8/2019 at 1:00 AM, PooPooBlast said:

Holy snakes!!!!!

391j8v.jpg

You are nearly there ;)

5 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

You are nearly there ;)

Thanks! I actually also watched your video just to see some tips and what to expect so thanks for that :highfive:

I've been at this shit for hours over the last 4 days now. I've got to lvl 25, 28, 29 and the bitch just won't show up.

I've done every thing in the game, this one little obnoxious thing is all I have left. I have no idea what they were thinking with putting this in the game.

I was dreading the mahjong and that took me hours...I'd rather do all of that over again from scratch that do this. Mahjong was exhilarating compares to going through this shit.

3 hours ago, scabab said:

I've been at this shit for hours over the last 4 days now. I've got to lvl 25, 28, 29 and the bitch just won't show up.

I've done every thing in the game, this one little obnoxious thing is all I have left. I have no idea what they were thinking with putting this in the game.

I was dreading the mahjong and that took me hours...I'd rather do all of that over again from scratch that do this. Mahjong was exhilarating compares to going through this shit.

All I can say is practice, practice, practice!

i realize that’s not advice you wanna hear and that’s not a “strategy” or “cheap way out” to win this horrid mini game. However, the tower method DOES work and the RNG elements may screw you over. But on the bright side, you ARE getting to the levels you need for this mini game to be completed. Feel accomplished in the fact hat you do have the skills, knowledge, and determination to win this. Also, take breaks. Frustration never gets anyone anywhere. 

Tempest SEGA and RGG studio on twitter like i did for patching this S£$$

I did it, finally after almost a week I did it. As usually seems to be the case, after struggling over and over to even get to 20 wins, on my winning try I dominated so completely that I got up to 44 wins, beat Rulue 4 separate times before becoming bored and losing on purpose.

Just seems like a lot of comes to luck as well.

On 8/18/2019 at 9:00 PM, BlackTorito said:

I actually got another great run, and she spawned at 34... I got to 38, and she spawned again, I wasn't paying attention at that point though. These are my tips:

• The 3-tower method is not "easy" but it's easier than being good at Puyo Puyo (though it relies on luck). If you haven't played Puyo before you are aiming at hours and hours of practice at bare minimum.
  • Take breaks after a loss streak or after a really long run, its not efficient to play if you are not in the mood.
  • Speed is the key, this method relies on some luck, and the only way to actually increase the odds on your favor is being really fast at matching the colors, this is because if the tower and doesn't chain, then the % increases on your next color matching.
  • Focus not only on the bottom color, but at least on the 3 bottom ones, though start building from the bottom. The pace of the game will force you to change the color you are focusing.
  • Always stack the 3-tower fast, unless the left side is too high, then try to clean it as fast as possible.
  • After beating an opponent, you can do 2 things, stack your tower again, or if its at 80% slow down the Puyos until the next opponent is up, this will make your chains unwasted.
  • Understanding the basics of Puyo may also help in your chaining, if you are able to recognize which pieces will cause a chain after matching them it became easier to keep alive in the games, specially if you are cleaning the left side.
  • Left side is garbage bin, but you should also be constructing good color structures to be able to clean them easily and potentially come back from a choke.
  • The previous points are needed to be like a second nature, this is only achieved by quality practicing (bullet 2) and getting good sleep.

All in all, you are aiming at around 3 or more days at this, depending on your luck, or maybe even a whole week, some people are lucky enough to do it in 1 day, but that's maybe because they weren't new to this method. I have uploaded my run here, and you can see most of the points I make:

I hope they patch it anyway, as it is one of the worst scums I've ever encountered, as it is not enough to reach 25, but it is also luck based that you get Rulue to spawn. It's not even a gold achievement in KamuroGo, this is the making of Satan at SEGA. The Chocobo balloons at FF X was painful, but this is just another level.

EDIT: @Inuty I know, I was playing as the fish, I just got horrible luck.

Thank you so much for this. At first I thought it would be impossible but then I started adapting your tactics, trying couple games here and there. I was using fish a lot but the bear always took me out somehow. So I took the bear and went 53 wins in a row at which point the pieces were too fast for me to play with, but I freaking made! Thanks again.

16 minutes ago, Raveniteh said:

Thank you so much for this. At first I thought it would be impossible but then I started adapting your tactics, trying couple games here and there. I was using fish a lot but the bear always took me out somehow. So I took the bear and went 53 wins in a row at which point the pieces were too fast for me to play with, but I freaking made! Thanks again.

Glad it helped! 53 is amazing 🤣, congratulations :)

Wanted to thank everyone who posted in this thread. I got to wave 30 last night after sinking about 6 hours total of practicing and got the Mean Bean Machine II to pop. The following tips worked for me:

1. Frogstacking. I followed this strategy exclusively as the fish, by blindly dropping pieces onto the right 3 columns of the board until full, then focusing on getting matches using the left columns. See here as it's a legit strategy: https://puyonexus.com/wiki/First-Instinct_Chains 
  2. Momentum. Between waves, I typically refilled the right side of the screen, then primed a match as soon as the next opponent's board appeared. By doing this, you can sink opponents before they have time to react. 
  3. Don't Panic. You will likely get unlucky at some point with opponents who will slam you with a wave of gray blocks. If you have a full right side of the board, you can claw your way out if you calmly readjust and start matching based on what's available on the right side of the board. 
  4. Flow State/Git Gud. You'll have to sustain a fairly high level of focus for about 25-30 minutes to reach wave 25, and you will need to enter flow state to make it that far. Make sure you're in a relaxed state before beginning this challenge, and take breathers in between failed attempts. I was personally listening to podcasts while playing instead of listening to the game's audio. 

Good luck to any other platinum hunters who come through this thread!

Edited by bearbear245
forgot to mention i was the fish

Patch for this s£$$ think's not gonna happen. I platinum lot's of hard games, but this for me is pure S$&%& and no sense maybe you arrive at level 25 and Rulue don't spawn or you lose, and another TRY?. My max is 16 and this damn bear killing me. No plat for me, first in 9 years i have all of my games with plat. But i don't wanna spit blood for a stupid mini games. Thx RGG studio

Edited by Neme-ita