PS+ July 2019

SiC

15 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

How did you manage that?

Yearly Ps plus cards has always been on sale everywhere. I mean Sony does have its own plus sales everywhere once in awhile like the recent $39.99 a year deal. Which would cost you $3.33 a month but recently, thxs to @Chocolate GiddyUp status update I bought 2yrs of plus for $33/yr which is $2.75/mo. 

1 minute ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Yearly Ps plus cards has always been on sale everywhere. I mean Sony does have its own plus sales everywhere once in awhile like the recent $39.99 a year deal. Which would cost you $3.33 a month but recently, thxs to @Chocolate GiddyUp status update I bought 2yrs of plus for $33/yr which is $2.75/mo. 

Ah, I see. Mine has always been set to auto-renew. I have never really considered shopping for it. Now I will.

I feel mixed about this month's line-up, but that's because of my personal preferences.

I've never heard of Horizon Chase Turbo, and I'm not into sports games. But I can imagine football fans being really happy that they're getting PES 2019 for free, so good on you guys. It was to be expected that this month would not be as great as last month's Plus offer was. :)

• Like 2

I’m happy with it personally, even though Horizon looks horrible. Better month for me than last month; already had Borderlands and I hated Sonic, had PES 15 full game and then I’ve played 16,17,18 and 19’s free versions since so I’m happy to get another full PES game as master league has always interested me. Easy platinum too apparently!

I got excited thinking it said “Horizon Zero Dawn”. I wonder if it’s a troll by Sony since many are dying to see it on PS Plus lol. 

Watched gameplay of Horizon Chase Turbo and it looks fun, definitely picking it up. Hard pass on PES though. 

28 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Ah, I see. Mine has always been set to auto-renew. I have never really considered shopping for it. Now I will.

As Fr_0zt mentioned above, black Friday is a great time to buy a subscription. Many places will sell a year subscription for $40 US.

If you need a subscription outside of the Xmas season, cdkeys.com, greenmangaming.com, and occasionally Amazon are good places to check. The first two offer several regions, Amazon will probably be specific to your region if Amazon has a presence there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

I usually buy them around black friday.

1 hour ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

As Fr_0zt mentioned above, black Friday is a great time to buy a subscription. Many places will sell a year subscription for $40 US.

If you need a subscription outside of the Xmas season, cdkeys.com, greenmangaming.com, and occasionally Amazon are good places to check. The first two offer several regions, Amazon will probably be specific to your region if Amazon has a presence there.

Thanks guys. My renewal is in March or April so that's why I'm not thinking about it in Novermber. It sounds like its worth doing though.

3 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Maybe or maybe not. There's still horizon shift and final horizon to give out before we get HZD ;)

Final Horizon was added to Plus back in 2014

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/11/26/playstation-plus-december-injustice-gods-among-us-hitman-deadly-premonition/

---------------------------------

As for the games next month, it's not an exciting pair but I'll give them a try

13 hours ago, Vergil said:

Shit racing game? 

Its a classic game much like Top Gear on Snes. 

On topic. 

Im downloading it, :)

For nostalgic purposes yes but not for a psn freebie. It's a cheap game which you can get even cheaper on sale but to give it as an incentive as been a psn member is ridiculous 

4 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

A fucking football game are you actually serious?! I hope your next shit is a hedgehog Konami. 

Despite what you may think of football, it is a pretty good decision on their part as the majority of plus subscribers play casually and football is widely accessible to a lot of audiences. I have PES 2017 on my profile and played 18 with a friend, they are quite good so I'll add it for sure. Lot of people in here talking up Horizon which has me somewhat interested, but I have many racing games in my backlog already and I'm not the biggest fan of racing anyway. 

Lots of people knocking the games as usual, understandable and it is annoying when they give out stuff over and over that has no appeal to someones tastes, but from a neutral standpoint, at least they are covering all the bases, in the last two months we've gotten an fps/rpg collection, old school sonic game, sports game and racing game. It's not for everyone but hey that's what a subscription is!

• Like 3

For me this is a shit month. I have no interest in an annual sports title (although I did play one PES from PS+ on PS3 during the World Cup period, I guess I was just feeling the football moment.) and the other game is rather crappy to be honest. 

Very rare that I get absolutely nothing from the line-up, but being spoiled by Plus constantly I can handle one month being pants, still getting way more than my money's worth.

Besides, I've got a backlog, I don't NEED the free games anymore really.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind 6 games of this quality for the price, but now it's 2 this is unacceptable. PES is good but the main part is already free and Horizon is cheap. No renewal for me until they add VR games. I'll just put the £50 on plus and get a game I want every couple of months when it's on sale. No time for masses of games I don't like too much. I'm not a kid any more (same reason I'm not interested in other subscription services).

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

I don't see what the problem is? 

They've mixed it up with a racing and football game. Not only that but Pro Evo is less than a year old, and Horizon only about a year. And this Pro Evo is the first one since 2006 which is probably better than FIFA, so you're getting the superior game. Not to mention less people will have played it, and I doubt many have played Horizon. It's a win win. 

Honestly guys, rig the PS Plus so you're only paying about 4 quid a month (buy a year at around black Friday) and enjoy! Seems to be people just complain because they're not fans of the genre. Well they can't cater to everyone every month! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BigTigzz said:

I don't see what the problem is? 

For me personally it is a problem. I was getting 2 Ps Vita games, 2 Ps3 games and 2 Ps4 games. Some were cross-buys. So now "I'm" getting 2 games which I don't mind if it was decend but PES is not worth it (It's always and sale and it's cheap anyways). Same goes for Horizon. I know there will never satisfy everyone and it can't be the best AAA games all the time but giving these two games is outright wrong. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DF007gamer said:

For me personally it is a problem. I was getting 2 Ps Vita games, 2 Ps3 games and 2 Ps4 games. Some were cross-buys. So now "I'm" getting 2 games which I don't mind if it was decend but PES is not worth it (It's always and sale and it's cheap anyways). Same goes for Horizon. I know there will never satisfy everyone and it can't be the best AAA games all the time but giving these two games is outright wrong. 

I almost completely agree with you. Would I like to get back the glory days of all those games? Of course! I'd never complain about more games. 

What I'm getting tired of is everyone acting like we're getting screwed over now. Like it's a ripoff. Calling it "downright wrong" to offer these games is a bit dramatic.

Since they stopped the extra games the value of the two a month is probably what? £100? More? The value for money is still excellent. And essentially you're paying for a lottery each month. 

I tend to use these games as an opportunity to try something new or something I never would have bought even on sale anyway, I often find I'm pleasantly surprised too! 

• Like 1

Just now, BigTigzz said:

I almost completely agree with you. Would I like to get back the glory days of all those games? Of course! I'd never complain about more games. 

What I'm getting tired of is everyone acting like we're getting screwed over now. Like it's a ripoff. Calling it "downright wrong" to offer these games is a bit dramatic.

Since they stopped the extra games the value of the two a month is probably what? £100? More? The value for money is still excellent. And essentially you're paying for a lottery each month. 

I tend to use these games as an opportunity to try something new or something I never would have bought even on sale anyway, I often find I'm pleasantly surprised too! 

Ok maybe I'm been a bit dramatic but still disappointed. I agree with you on the games we get that we would have not bought otherwise and enjoy it. Example for me was Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime. Enjoyed that amongst others like Severed for the PS VITA . Oh well guess not everybody will be satisfy.