[SOLVED] Redownloading episodes with on-disc season pass after removal from PS Store

With the recent removal of both Story Mode games from multiple platforms, I have yet to receive a confirmation on the ability to redownload the episodes with the on-disc season pass.

If anybody has confirmation, it'd be great to know if I could somehow get help downloading the final episode which I'm missing.

UPDATE: 

If you're unable to download any episodes from the on-disc season pass, try using an alt account registered to a different country but in the same region. Some PS Stores might still have the episodes listed and this might be your last chance to download them!

Here's a list of other counties in your region you should try if you need to know what countries share your region lock! ?

cmfPRlP.png

Edited by Avigyl
Problem solved, fix included

I can comment on the PS4 versions, having just played them both.  Season one requires no download other than what's on the disk, with the complete version having all eight episodes.  Season two requires each of the five episodes to be downloaded individually from the PSN store.  If you haven't downloaded season two episodes yet, you're probably out of luck.

Yeah so far I'm getting word that the episodes aren't purchasable.

Now I'm just hoping it's at least redownloadable, so I can try to download the last episode of S2 from a friend to get a chance for the platinum since I completely forgot about redeeming the last episode when it was still available.

S2 has been delisted for a long time and still works. It was S1 that got delisted yesterday and I haven't heard of anyone either successfully or unsuccessfully trying to download it since then. Mine are all stored on my hard drive and I don't want to be the first one to try deleting/redownloading them again, even though I strongly suspect all will be fine from previous experience with delisted games.

• Like 1

06/27/2019 06:16 GMT/UTC+1:

- German PSN account.

- FSK/PEGI branded season pass disc which is a used pre owned copy.

- PSN account which hadn't any contact with Minecraft season 2 episodes before.

Result: All 5 episodes where available through games menu, that means that episodes where listed on PSN and downloading them was possible.

Edited by Geridian
Information
  • Like 1

Strange, I'm using a UK account to download the episodes for my R2 disc and I think it's completely locked out from redeeming episodes you haven't downloaded since Episode 5 is showing up as "Coming Soon" for me.

Previous episodes are showing up playable since I downloaded them before Ep.5's release. I just never bothered finishing up the game since it took them a long time to release the episodes and now I'm regretting not downloading it sooner and now I'm basically locked out from earning a Platinum for the game unless I can play on someone else's PS4 with the episode downloaded. ?

pf8aXKP.jpg

Edited by Avigyl

7 minutes ago, Avigyl said:

Strange, I'm using a UK account to download the episodes for my R2 disc and I think it's completely locked out from redeeming episodes you haven't downloaded since Episode 5 is showing up as "Coming Soon" for me.

Previous episodes are showing up playable since I downloaded them before Ep.5's release. I just never bothered finishing up the game since it took them a long time to release the episodes and now I'm regretting not downloading it sooner and now I'm basically locked out from earning a Platinum for the game unless I can play on someone else's PS4 with the episode downloaded. 1f61e.png

I'm guessing you must have the latest patch installed, right? Also, is region 2 the correct region for a UK account?

14 minutes ago, mekktor said:

I'm guessing you must have the latest patch installed, right? Also, is region 2 the correct region for a UK account?

I do, and yes since I downloaded the previous episodes using a UK account. Will try making an account registered to a different country soon.

UPDATE:

Tried making and using a Saudi Arabian PSN account to redeem and download the last episode and it worked! ?

In case anybody else is having trouble downloading missed episodes which might have been taken down, try using an alternate account registered to a different country but still under the same region lock.

Edited by Avigyl

9 minutes ago, Avigyl said:

Tried making and using a Saudi Arabian PSN account to redeem and download the last episode and it worked! 1f604.png

In case anybody else is having trouble downloading missed episodes which might have been taken down, try using an alternate account registered to a different country but still under the same region lock.

Happy to hear it worked out for you, but that is worrying news for all those people who might try to use these discs in the future.

Just now, mekktor said:

Happy to hear it worked out for you, but that is worrying news for all those people who might try to use these discs in the future.

It really is, the only way I can see future owners of the discs play the game is to somehow get a backup of the game files from someone who has all the episodes installed on their PS4 and transfer the data onto their own PS4 which is risky but might be the only way once all the episodes are completely gone from the servers.

Imo I think that when such problems arise you should at first try to "Restore Licenses" through system menu.

Also we have the validation here that your account can be so much messed up in the Sony database that you can't download episodes you already own. See this for example:

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...