Charging the ps vita 2000 what charger to use ?

Loco-fella

Hi guys  I have the ps vita 2000 model 

but no wall charger I am currently using a Apple 5 volt charger as the vita says it’s 5 volts as well so Matched them up  with the Apple 5 volt charger  but it takes like 5 hours to charge just to 50% It works just slow   

it charges a lot faster using my ps4 to charge the vita but that’s kinda annoying 

would prefer a wall charger is the 10 v Apple charger Safe ? It’s 5.2 volts tho 

most people say u should be able to use any USB charger to charge it faster 

so just wondering what other people use ? To charge the psv 2000  ? 

Thank you

8 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Why not purchase an official vita charger?

I bought it used so it didn’t come with one it’s hard to find here in Australia  I’d have to buy it from USA prob eBay  then also buy a travel

adaptor for it to work  as the connection here is different   I’m thinking of doing that just wanna see what others use 1st and then decide what’s best 

Edited by bigpaul83

2 minutes ago, bigpaul83 said:

I bought it used so it didn’t come with one it’s hard to find here in Australia  I’d have to buy it from USA then also by a travel

adaptor for it to work  as the connection here is different   I’m thinking of doing that just wanna see what others use 1st and then decide what’s best 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Official-Genuine-PS-Vita-Slim-2000-AC-Adapter-Charger-USB-Near-New/264375019860?hash=item3d8dfaa954:g:97YAAOSwk0tdEPeu&frcectupt=true

4 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Haha yeh that’s the one I was looking at purchasing but even for that one I’ll need a travel adapter for it to work here but that’s ok I guess if no other options 

19 minutes ago, bigpaul83 said:

Hi guys  I have the ps vita 2000 model 

but no wall charger I am currently using a Apple 5 volt charger as the vita says it’s 5 volts as well so Matched them up  with the Apple 5 volt charger  but it takes like 5 hours to charge just to 50% It works just slow   

it charges a lot faster using my ps4 to charge the vita but that’s kinda annoying 

would prefer a wall charger is the 10 v Apple charger Safe ? It’s 5.2 volts tho 

most people say u should be able to use any USB charger to charge it faster 

so just wondering what other people use ? To charge the psv 2000  ? 

Thank you

You need both the voltage and AMPs to charge reasonably fast. Official charger is 1.5 Amps. Get something that does 2 amps and you’ll be good. 

On 27/06/2019 at 10:02 AM, DaivRules said:

You need both the voltage and AMPs to charge reasonably fast. Official charger is 1.5 Amps. Get something that does 2 amps and you’ll be good. 

all good thanks guys guys ended up getting the original ?? 

Edited by bigpaul83