Sewer Speedway Shortcut Issues in TT's *HELP*

Hey Guys,

Don't know if anyone else is having this issue but as i'm coming close to the Plat cleaning out these time trials, this one seems to be the most troublesome for me, 9/10 the shortcut in this level DOESN'T WORK!

I've been doing this race for around 3 hours now and i cannot consistently for the life of me get this darn shortcut to work, i've watched a couple vids on youtube of people completing this level and i am using the same pathing as them but for some reason it doesn't work for me, when having boost it just hits the lip of the shortcut every god damn time!

My question to everyone, is that i'm wondering if i may be missing any small details that could assist me in getting this jump consistent? whats been working for everyone so that they get that jump every time? and also is the oxide time possible to beat without the use of the shortcut?

any info would be much appreciated!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gamehelp said:

Yea I noticed this, I noticed it immediately when I played the level.

I am pretty close to the platinum as well, I have however found a semi consistent way of getting through the shortcut, if you ... well I think it's better to just quickly draw something in mspaint.

Reveal hidden contents

xvq6YjT.png

My theory to why it's so terrible is that most of the shortcuts in this remake have a script attached to them, and we just want to abuse getting that script to push us up there right, the "script zone" hitbox is closer to the left side of the ramp below the hole in the wall, it's important to have the increased fire from the previous turbo pad up to this point, it will make this whole process a lot easier and you can even get up there without this "script" that I feel is there..  I could be wrong about the whole script concept but try out my method and let me know if it helps you out.

I have played on every track.. and this is the only track that has this consistent issue with the shortcut, the whole level feels awful - even towards the end where the you're inside of the pipe I remember in the original you can go flying off but it's like you're magnetized to the ground in this version and it causes you to hit an invisible wall just above the midway point... so in this version just stay in the middle on the ground..  otherwise you'll just hit an invisible wall and lose all your speed.

Edit: completing the Oxide trial without the shortcut at all would be possible, however it wouldn't be worth the trouble, you would be need to be going pretty fast without bumping or losing max fire to compensate for the time you would lose by not taking the shortcut.

Hope something I said helped, goodluck.

Thanks for all this advise man, im gonna try try this method when i get home from work, ill let ya know how i go!

I had quite a bit of trouble with this for a while too. The pattern I follow now to get it pretty much every time (with Penta) is:

- after the first ramp in the race, drift right and perfect boost twice into the tunnel on the right

- quickly switch to a left drift and perfect boost right on the boost ramp, taking the right tunnel

- turn the landing into a drift to the right and perfect boost once

- now this is important... drift left and perfect boost twice, taking you onto the first bit of the pipe in the main hall to the left

- if you get the angle correct, you should be able to hop once just to the right to line yourself up perfectly straight-on with the lip of the ramp below the shortcut

- hold down the hop button a millisecond after you go over the lip to get maximum height

- the speed you've built from the prior steps should be enough to get you up there

I think the most important bits are being exactly straight on (perpendicular to) the shortcut ramp right below the shortcut opening AND the timing of the hop (fraction of a second after you pass the lip). 

I've uploaded a clip of my best time so far on that track, where I use this process to get the shortcut on each lap. 

https://youtu.be/90qsT2fYVuQ

• Like 2

I guess everybody had problems with that shortcut. I mean, not the shortcut per say, it’s the entire Track. This track is called “Sewer SPEEDWAY”. Somehow they decided to make it narrow, instead of how wide the original was. That’s why people like @Gamehelp couldn’t do a proper drift in this area. In the OG you could use the borders of the track as ramps to jump and gain speed, resulting in a “fly” through the tunnel exit ;) I fell like the barrels are larger then the original (or faster) too.

Another thing to point is that the level isn’t so tall. I found myself bumping against the first pipe on the left (after the first ramp) and the one before the shortcut (where you’re supposed to gain boost to jump into the wall). Most times I failed getting the shortcut was because I rammed that pipe, loosing all my reserves and boost.

I beat Oxide by using twice the shortcut and make the final lap naturally, cutting all turns as fast as I could. Managed to get it for mileseconds, but it’s done.

I found other levels poor designed as well like Blizzard Buff. There are 3 shortcuts (required for trophy), one of them over a fence. There is nothing in this remake that makes you jump over the fence like the original. Same goes to Dragon Mines: why did they add a wooden board on the spiral turn, when it blocks the shortcut?

2 hours ago, TastyBaton25 said:

It’s all about timing your jump on the very edge of the ramp

No, your angle has to be good too. I failed so many attempts with sacred fire and good timing on the jump.

Here is an interesting video

Edit: The method in the video works 5/6 times I tried online ^¬^

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 2

This level is pure s**t. Stopped now to try after three full hours without a damn pause. 20/500 tries for shortcut gone successfull (tried every method posted here, on youtube, on twitch, on Saturn), some on first lap, some on second lap and some on third lap.

only one time i got all three laps, but guess, oxide never do a minor mistake, and he’s always behind your ass, so obvs race can’t be won.

and my controller is almost broken. I don’t know how the f*** people made a platinum in less than 48 hours when there are these sh***y levels projected with feet.

maybe developers thought 100% of crash players are masochist, but unfortunately it’s not so.

Edited by cik93

I finally got it done last night!, along with dragon mines as well :) 

cheers for all the advice guys, it helped a lot!

i found what worked for me was:

- following the oxide path he takes and doing 2 perfect boosts out of the tunnel into the sewer

- going onto the left edge and jumping down into the half pipe at an angle directly head on to the ledge of the half pipe (the top of your go kart is straight head on with the straight edge of the half pipe, DON'T GO ON AND ANGLE)

- holding jump at the right time (right at the top/just after the lip of the half pipe) which i just had to get right with muscle memory

Hope this thread helps some other people with this one too

• Like 1

I personally found approaching the shortcut from the left pipe at a 90 degree angle while maintaining turbo is what got it work.  You have to be maintaining turbo and i press x and R1 close together and it works nearly every time for me.  Oxide isn't too bad on sewer speedway if you can get the shortcut consistently.

• 3 weeks later...

This is what worked for me almost everytime.. No matter what angle you approach the shortcut, just steer to the right ( and hold the steering wheel ) just before your jump... Once in the air release steering and fly almost trough the shortcut.. Drift while landing to keep sacred fire.. Hope this helps ^^

Ps in short... Apply steering to the right just before your jump with your own gaming style..

Edited by jellevdm

This is the last track I need for the plat, but this shortcut is straight-up broken. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet.

Edit: After taking a short break and watching some videos, I realized the key was to hop before taking the shortcut. The extra nitro boost gives you a much better success rate. was still very inconsistent, but the only hard part of beating oxide is getting the shortcut 3x, the course is cakewalk otherwise.

Edited by sepheroithisgod