Is it safe to play online?

Tarsier182

I started this game some years ago but wandered off to play other things and I now want to get back into it, but I know run like the wind is unobtainable,

I still want to get the other online trophies just to appease my OCD slightly, but I don't know if I'll get flagged if run like the wind pops due to hackers?

44 minutes ago, Abysm_Nucleus said:

Run like the Wind is whitelisted and safe to obtain as far as I know. You won't be flagged.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. First, because people are still being flagged for these trophies - just look at the disputes from a few weeks ago. And second, being whitelisted doesn't necessarily mean safe to obtain. Who knows how that will be implemented in the future. At a minimum it will probably mean that the entire game won't count on your profile because of that one trophy. Not exactly consequence free.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Hakoom this is the first time I browse your profile and I only looked for one game...gta iv...would you like a hand finishing up the mp?...it's a serious offer...

on topic: it is safe to play online due to the invite only lobby option...basically only the three rank trophies and run like the wind can be forced upon you...if you're worried about the odd chance that someone with a mod menu will mess with you then I highly recommend starting a boosting session and staying in private lobbies with friends...the online, and particularly the heists, can be a fun experience imo so I would say give the online a shot before deciding if it's worth the time, effort, and enjoyment or not...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

@Hakoom this is the first time I browse your profile and I only looked for one game...gta iv...would you like a hand finishing up the mp?...it's a serious offer...

on topic: it is safe to play online due to the invite only lobby option...basically only the three rank trophies and run like the wind can be forced upon you...if you're worried about the odd chance that someone with a mod menu will mess with you then I highly recommend starting a boosting session and staying in private lobbies with friends...the online, and particularly the heists, can be a fun experience imo so I would say give the online a shot before deciding if it's worth the time, effort, and enjoyment or not...

i just need few mp trophies but i am just no in the mood to do it and it will take a very long time to get to lvl 10 :(
+ the hacks olnine and such stuff keeps me away from online ps3 games now

wasnt the online pulled off too?

Edited by DaivRules
Removed the off topic content

44 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

i just need few mp trophies but i am just no in the mood to do it and it will take a very long time to get to lvl 10 :(

+ the hacks olnine and such stuff keeps me away from online ps3 games now

wasnt the online pulled off too?

the long part would be the races for awp @ about 7-10 hours...level 10 (wanted) would be about 3-5 hours...fly the co-op about 30 mins-hour...could all be done in private lobbies so no worries about hacks...online has not been pulled, no, and is now permanently double cash earned...

in no mood to do it = no probs...just thought you might want to add a nice plat to the count and I happen to be pretty well qualified to offer the assistance...offer stands if ever you do want to polish it up...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

the long part would be the races for awp @ about 7-10 hours...level 10 (wanted) would be about 3-5 hours...fly the co-op about 30 mins-hour...could all be done in private lobbies so no worries about hacks...online has not been pulled, no, and is now permanently double cash earned...

in no mood to do it = no probs...just thought you might want to add a nice plat to the count and I happen to be pretty well qualified to offer the assistance...offer stands if ever you do want to polish it up...

ahh i forgot to tell you

awp glitched on me the website showed all races done but trophy never poped :(

what can i do to earn this?

thanks for the offer il think about it again since its double cash now :D 

22 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

ahh i forgot to tell you

awp glitched on me the website showed all races done but trophy never poped :(

what can i do to earn this?

thanks for the offer il think about it again since its double cash now :D 

since we're getting way off topic (my fault) I'll be really simple, awp is related to connection...it's not uncommon for it to have glitched like that...should you decide to go ahead with it, i can give some tips on how to avoid it glitching again and where to start from to try to avoid having to do all the requirements again (provided you still have the same save file)...there's a multiplayer guide with properly tested and up-to-date info if you feel like reading up on it further...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Anyone know why half the messages have been deleted from this thread 

I would assume because they were "Off Topic"

Doesn't really explain why some of these other messages haven't been deleted though, considering they are definitely off topic as well...

Mods have been pretty trigger happy with the deletion of stuff as of late. Don't get me wrong, It's all legitimate violations of the rules as far as I can tell, but conversations were kinda allowed to go off topic somewhat before, nowadays if you step 1 or 2 responses out of line your comments are almost definitely getting deleted.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

I would assume because they were "Off Topic"

Doesn't really explain why some of these other messages haven't been deleted though, considering they are definitely off topic as well...

Mods have been pretty trigger happy with the deletion of stuff as of late. Don't get me wrong, It's all legitimate violations of the rules as far as I can tell, but conversations were kinda allowed to go off topic somewhat before, nowadays if you step out of line your comment is almost definitely getting deleted.

Thanks mate. Im quite new to this forum. I did wonder why someone talking bout boosting gta 4 in a gta 5 thread was aloud to stay but my message defending hakoom was deamed bad enough to get deleted was a bit strange. 

Would explain why in the past another message of mine got deleted even tho it was defo on topic and wasnt out of line.

Thanks again for the info

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

since we're getting way off topic (my fault) I'll be really simple, awp is related to connection...it's not uncommon for it to have glitched like that...should you decide to go ahead with it, i can give some tips on how to avoid it glitching again and where to start from to try to avoid having to do all the requirements again (provided you still have the same save file)...there's a multiplayer guide with properly tested and up-to-date info if you feel like reading up on it further...

il have to check my ps3s to see i just hope it wasnt on the 1 which died lol

so its not server related? more of a save related?

that trophy  took me all day to do and i repeated alot of it again but no luck..

il 1st look it up and let you know sometime later when i do

• Like 1

On 11.08.2019 at 8:03 PM, xJaegerwulf said:

Is it over for me or can I safely work towards the missing ones?

Yes you can :) Just play in invite, friend, or solo lobby to avoid being leveled up instantly to rank 100 by some hackers in public sessions.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I have been playing GTA: Online and have been grinding my way through the ranks for about 2 months. I got up to rank 77, mainly from playing heists online. Just yesterday I was completing a heist and saw to my dismay that I was deranked from 77 back down to 1 and my RP was set at negative -1.1 billion, effectively making that character useless.

I have logged a ticket with Rockstar to try and recover my rank, hopefully I didn’t work for a couple months at this for nothing, I was 23 ranks away from the rank 100 trophy and this is my last trophy for the game. So no, I would not say it is totally safe online if you are playing in the public servers. Hackers and modders have overrun the game on PS3 and it seems like the game for the most part has been abandoned in favor of supporting the newer PS4 version.

Edited by Deep_Space_5D
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Deep_Space_5D said:

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I have been playing GTA: Online and have been grinding my way through the ranks for about 2 months. I got up to rank 77, mainly from playing heists online. Just yesterday I was completing a heist and saw to my dismay that I was deranked from 77 back down to 1 and my RP was set at negative -1.1 billion, effectively making that character useless.

I have logged a ticket with Rockstar to try and recover my rank, hopefully I didn’t work for a couple months at this for nothing, I was 23 ranks away from the rank 100 trophy and this is my last trophy for the game. So no, I would not say it is totally safe online if you are playing in the public servers. Hackers and modders have overrun the game on PS3 and it seems like the game for the most part has been abandoned in favor of supporting the newer PS4 version.

You think the reset was permanent or just a temporary glitch? I imagine you already tried logging back in, is is possible things might return to normal

On 8/26/2019 at 2:32 PM, djb5f said:

You think the reset was permanent or just a temporary glitch? I imagine you already tried logging back in, is is possible things might return to normal

From what I have read online, I was targeted by a hacker and deranked on purpose by that person. For some reason they didn’t like me or perhaps were just trying to be malicious for no good reason, but this seems to be a fairly common occurrence if you play GTA: Online for PS3 in public sessions. Unfortunately, it is permanent.

Luckily, I have also read that the success rate for recovering your rank is pretty high so long as you log a ticket to Rockstar and explain what happened. I have logged a ticket and I’ll update when something happens.

Update:

The ticket I logged to Rockstar customer support was given a generic response, asking to log a ticket to recover my character (TF you think I did the first time??).

I had better luck with their live service chat. I explained the situation again, and was told to wait while they check the situation. They then sent me an email for me to reply to and confirm I am the email owner associated with the rockstar account and PSN ID. I replied and was then told to log on and check if my account had been restored. When I got on I saw that my character was rank 57 instead of 77 like it was before my progress was reset. At first he kept telling me that their last records only showed me being rank 57. 

It was only until I asked that the situation be escalated that he said, “Oh ya! Now I see that you were rank 77.” I’m guessing that he messed it up and didn’t want to go back and change it to the correct rank, so instead was trying to feed me BS. Losing 20 ranks would have been a lot of grinding time wasted, so I had to be insistent about it. 

At the end of the day I got my character rank fully back, but it took effort. I do not trust the public sessions any longer and will try to get the last 23 ranks somehow in a private session.

Edited by Deep_Space_5D
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wanting to to return to this game. Been years but last I played I was above level 50, don't recall what level though. Is there a recommended way to boost levels to get to 100 in private? Playing in public sounds risky knowing players could rank or de rank me. Although I did really love playing coop survival back in the day, I'm guessing it's no longer safe on PS3?

I m planning to return to this game after years to raise my completion even further and I am happy to see there are some other players like @Tarsier182, @xJaegerwulf, @Afro_Gear as me in that regard. Maybe we (me and you three and anyone willing) should come together and get these trophies out of the way? 

It started to irritate me to see 25/59 at the bottom of my profile but I am severely worried about the safety, would playing invite only private lobbies solve the problem certainly

Also, I never played online so how long would it take to get all trophies in private lobbies (excluding RLTW of course), how many guys needed, what execution level required, which is the most effective way, etc. Can someone please explain these to me?