Any good methods of getting easy A+?

GetMitched

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having a hard time with "Get A Life." I had no problems getting A+'s on some early chapters. Chapter 4 took me around 50 tries (because I restart every time I die, apparently that helps the boldness score)? Same thing on Chapters 5, 6, 7. Now I'm struggling on chapter 8 and I'm thinking I have the wrong approach. I mainly use the Zack mask (except on Ch. 4 where I used Tony and just ran through the level in 30 seconds and had a huge combo), and I try to use different weapons and mix in some throws and executions. I see reports of people getting like 70- 80,000 points on a chapter and I'm not really getting close to that. Any ideas? Do I need to change my approach? Any help is very appreciated, thanks.

Thanks for the replies. This is turning out to be pretty frustrating. A question about the patch: is it confirmed that the patch makes it so you have to actually get an A+ on ALL the chapters possible? If thats the case, I'm wondering if I can delete the game, re-download it and play it without the patch. Could I save my game on a USB stick and then not have to restart the game?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a hard time with "Get A Life." I had no problems getting A+'s on some early chapters. Chapter 4 took me around 50 tries (because I restart every time I die, apparently that helps the boldness score)? Same thing on Chapters 5, 6, 7. Now I'm struggling on chapter 8 and I'm thinking I have the wrong approach. I mainly use the Zack mask (except on Ch. 4 where I used Tony and just ran through the level in 30 seconds and had a huge combo), and I try to use different weapons and mix in some throws and executions. I see reports of people getting like 70- 80,000 points on a chapter and I'm not really getting close to that. Any ideas? Do I need to change my approach? Any help is very appreciated, thanks.

I seem to be having the same issues as you did (I see that you have the plat now), but my hang up currently is level 5.

I've tried the drill (Carl) and even Zack, but I can't get better than an 'A'. I am going to switch it up a bit. I was wondering if Tony would be good and I can just move fast. I just worry about the insta-kill with your fists and missing the executions.

Any advice would be great (I'm playing it pre-patch).

I seem to be having the same issues as you did (I see that you have the plat now), but my hang up currently is level 5.

I've tried the drill (Carl) and even Zack, but I can't get better than an 'A'. I am going to switch it up a bit. I was wondering if Tony would be good and I can just move fast. I just worry about the insta-kill with your fists and missing the executions.

Any advice would be great (I'm playing it pre-patch).

I would stick with Zach. The longer combo window perk really helps when it comes to getting A+ rankings. If the last guy you need to kill is across the other side of the room, those few extra seconds could make all the difference.

Whenever you have a safe opportunity to knock an enemy down and execute them, take it. Those instances rack up more points than a one-hit kill with a melee weapon/Tony's fists. Also, if you execute someone with a melee weapon while they're down it generates even more points than beating them to death with your fists.

Fist KO: 600 points (equipping Tony gives you 400 points at first, but the score does build up as you prolong the combo)

Fist execution: 600 points

Melee KO with crowbar: 400-600 points

Melee execution with crowbar: 1000 points

Doors help a great deal as well, with around 480 points per KO. Take advantage of everything as it all adds up to your score.

Speaking on melee weapons: pick up any you see. Preferably knives/katanas but lead pipes are fine too. The baseball bats and fireaxes seemed a tad bit slow in comparison, but they're serviceable as well. I could be wrong but I think the poolstick is the only one that's degradable. Anyways, switching them up is good because it contributes to your variety points. Having a crowbar or leadpipe at hand is pretty much equivalent to equipping the Tony mask (keep in mind that sometimes guys will be left mortally wounded, crawling on the floor. That allows for even bigger combos/more points.) In chapter 5 you're able to pick up a crowbar right from the outset, so use that to your advantage. Also, you'll need weapons for those annoying dogs who can easily ruin a good attempt at the A+.

Try to be as quick as possible and avoid dying. Restart if you die 2-3 times, even if it is super annoying to have to reselect the Zach mask over and over. For the second floor in chapter 5, quickly run in and out of those first two rooms so you can bait and take care of the enemies quickly (most of them should run out after you.) Use either a firearm or throwable weapon on the shotgun-wielding dude in the dining room. Then just use his gun to quickly take out the final two guys in that bedroom. After that, run back to the Delorean like a bat out of hell, lol.

For what it's worth, I've only played the patched Vita version so I'm not sure how much more difficult the game is using a Dualshock 3. There's a nifty feature with the touchscreen which allows you to select whatever enemy you want to lock-on. With Zach I was able to get an A+ in chapter 5 with 66370 points. The one chapter that really gave me problems was 17, but that had more to do with the Biker's restrictions.

Anyways, good luck :)

Edited by DILLAsirens
  • Like 1

I would stick with Zach. The longer combo window perk really helps when it comes to getting A+ rankings. If the last guy you need to kill is across the other side of the room, those few extra seconds could make all the difference.

Whenever you have a safe opportunity to knock an enemy down and execute them, take it. Those instances rack up more points than a one-hit kill with a melee weapon/Tony's fists. Also, if you execute someone with a melee weapon while they're down it generates even more points than beating them to death with your fists.

Fist KO: 600 points (equipping Tony gives you 400 points at first, but the score does build up as you prolong the combo)

Fist execution: 600 points

Melee KO with crowbar: 400-600 points

Melee execution with crowbar: 1000 points

Doors help a great deal as well, with around 480 points per KO. Take advantage of everything as it all adds up to your score.

Speaking on melee weapons: pick up any you see. Preferably knives/katanas but lead pipes are fine too. The baseball bats and fireaxes seemed a tad bit slow in comparison, but they're serviceable as well. I could be wrong but I think the poolstick is the only one that's degradable. Anyways, switching them up is good because it contributes to your variety points. Having a crowbar or leadpipe at hand is pretty much equivalent to equipping the Tony mask (keep in mind that sometimes guys will be left mortally wounded, crawling on the floor. That allows for even bigger combos/more points.) In chapter 5 you're able to pick up a crowbar right from the outset, so use that to your advantage. Also, you'll need weapons for those annoying dogs who can easily ruin a good attempt at the A+.

Try to be as quick as possible and avoid dying. Restart if you die 2-3 times, even if it is super annoying to have to reselect the Zach mask over and over. For the second floor in chapter 5, quickly run in and out of those first two rooms so you can bait and take care of the enemies quickly (most of them should run out after you.) Use either a firearm or throwable weapon on the shotgun-wielding dude in the dining room. Then just use his gun to quickly take out the final two guys in that bedroom. After that, run back to the Delorean like a bat out of hell, lol.

For what it's worth, I've only played the patched Vita version so I'm not sure how much more difficult the game is using a Dualshock 3. There's a nifty feature with the touchscreen which allows you to select whatever enemy you want to lock-on. With Zach I was able to get an A+ in chapter 5 with 66370 points. The one chapter that really gave me problems was 17, but that had more to do with the Biker's restrictions.

Anyways, good luck :)

Wow, thanks so much for this! Great advice. I actually finished up chapter 5 with an A+....and also got A+ on 6, 7, and 8. Now it's 9 that's giving me issues.

I think I spent 3 hours on it last night. The best score I got was 63k, which turned out to be an A-. I've watched youtube video's and it seems 68k will get you an A+. I've switched up Zack and Carl on that chapter, but so far Carl was giving me the most...although at the end I was lacking on combos. I've just got to figure out how to get a few more thousand points. In one youtube video he is using Zack....I may go back to that and give it a shot. I'm just worried about the guys with guns slowing down my combo (i.e. me hesitating rushing the room).

Also, does executing enemies break your combo?

Wow, thanks so much for this! Great advice. I actually finished up chapter 5 with an A+....and also got A+ on 6, 7, and 8. Now it's 9 that's giving me issues.

I think I spent 3 hours on it last night. The best score I got was 63k, which turned out to be an A-. I've watched youtube video's and it seems 68k will get you an A+. I've switched up Zack and Carl on that chapter, but so far Carl was giving me the most...although at the end I was lacking on combos. I've just got to figure out how to get a few more thousand points. In one youtube video he is using Zack....I may go back to that and give it a shot. I'm just worried about the guys with guns slowing down my combo (i.e. me hesitating rushing the room).

Also, does executing enemies break your combo?

Glad to help :) But yeah, my score for chapter nine is 68212. Those cops who show up at the end can be a problem, just make sure that you safely get to the exit as quickly as possible once they arrive. If there's an out of reach enemy with a gun, try throwing your melee weapon at him (in my last post I forgot to point out that all melee weapons are throwable.) That gives you 300 points and it also helps in keeping your combo going.

Just tested it out and I can confirm that executing enemies doesn't break combos; it just won't add to the combo's total (if you knock down and execute two guys, it will count as a 2x Combo rather than a 4x.) Taking out mortally wounded enemies on the other hand does add to combos.

Edited by DILLAsirens

Glad to help :) But yeah, my score for chapter nine is 68212. Those cops who show up at the end can be a problem, just make sure that you safely get to the exit as quickly as possible once they arrive. If there's an out of reach enemy with a gun, try throwing your melee weapon at him (in my last post I forgot to point out that all melee weapons are throwable.) That gives you 300 points and it also helps in keeping your combo going.

Just tested it out and I can confirm that executing enemies doesn't break combos; it just won't add to the combo's total (if you knock down and execute two guys, it will count as a 2x Combo rather than a 4x.) Taking out mortally wounded enemies on the other hand does add to combos.

Thanks again for your help. I finally got an A+ on chapter 9 last night....I think I scored 72k. The key was keeping the combo going. I used the Zack mask and just was reckless and moved fast. You have to have a little luck on your side as well, as certain NPC's just happened to be in the right place for me to keep the combo alive.

Now on to Chapter 10!

Edited by graffiX_13
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Using Zack, the frog. Amplifies time between combos to make large combos posible and easier (Its also possible to get a single combo for a full building)

Using Zack, the frog. Amplifies time between kills to make large combos posible and easier (Its also possible to get a single combo for a full building)