Any good methods of getting easy A+?

GetMitched

these are some simple tips for it...

- first off... as you'll already notice, the enemies dont always spawn in the exact same locations so you may want to 'retry' if the enemies arnt where you'd expect them to be, for the last chapters i kept retryin until they where exactly where i wanted them to be so i could do a full run without ever stoppin...

- do not stop movin whatever you do

- do combos but remember that combos are not paramout, for e.g a huge combo may not guarantee A+

- variations/combo variations are key! for example... dont just run into a room then gun everyone, try runnin into a room unarmed then puchin someone and grabbin their weapon (e.g knife) to throw at another guy, grab the new kill's weapon (e.g gun) then throw it at another guy, whilst he's down shoot someone dead, drop the gun then smash the downed guy's face... doin imaginative kills and execution moves are a big boost to gettin A+...

- the variation tip is a staple but NEVER use the same kill over and over... keepin nearly every kill different counts

- use doors, they should be one of most used aids and not only give you time gaps but they also keep you'r combo open

- remember that quickness factors to a point but not always so the use of certain 'fast walkin' masks are not always a must

-guns are great but melee kills, ground melee kills mixed with melee throwin are even greater...

- be precise when shootin at targets on/off the screen as shootin your load without gettin a target will fuck you over eventually (say if a guy ran off around a corner)

-use glass windows when available to shoot through

-remember how many enemies there are per level so you know how many are remainin after you've gutted them like a fish

- in certain levels there are special objects like a fryin pan, a cookin pot, a cookin pot full of boilin water, a briefcase, some scissors etc... usin these will greatly improve your runs and should be a must

- gettin A+ in every level is possible in most masks i found so choose a mask that's ability you are comfortable and confident in

- its worth pointin out that you could match a required in-game score from a youtube vid score and only get A- as an overall score... this will possibly come down to the lack of a variation bonus so finally... be quick, be imaginative, be spontanious, mix up gun use with melee use, use doors and windows, use executions but dont overuse any one kill move...

-finally enjoy the game, its fuckin amazin!... :)

if i can finish this then you can also!...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Wow I am having trouble with this. Despite reading all the above, watching youtube guides for A+ and reading tips and suggestiond from across the web, I am actually getting WORSE scores each time I play. 

What the hell is going on? I am mixing up weapons, rushing enemies with guns, always executing with weapons, and stringing together 3+ combos.

Does dying a lot affect the score? I thought that the game only counted your successful runs through each stage of a chapter, but with me trying to go for boldness and combos I am definitely dying more than I used to.

• 2 weeks later...

here is very great tip which helped me and i got A+ on my first try on all stages! use don juan mask and then just punch enemies to the wall then do the execution by tapping x before they stand up and you should get something 2200 points per kill! and remember one thing! make sure enemies are like sitting down at the floor when you punch them to the wall!  hope this helps all who are going for A+ ratings! :) 

• 3 weeks later...

here is very great tip which helped me and i got A+ on my first try on all stages! use don juan mask and then just punch enemies to the wall then do the execution by tapping x before they stand up and you should get something 2200 points per kill! and remember one thing! make sure enemies are like sitting down at the floor when you punch them to the wall!  hope this helps all who are going for A+ ratings! :)

Definitely this. The Don Juan mask helped me get A+ on most of the levels. 

• 2 months later...

Got this dean trophy after many tries. I was using Carl at beginning and getting good score but for some of the levels wasn't enough, also tried use Zack, Brendon and the one with knife to get higher combo and nothing. Last tried i used Don Juan and it worked well. Smash enemy in to the wall and executive giving for me up to 3200 points per kill if enemy spot you first. 

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You can take your time you just have to learn the layout of the level and you can even die a couple of times.

You can always die as much as you want. As far as I can tell, death plays no role in the final score whatsoever. To test this, I actually killed myself 50 times to start one level (the first Biker level), and still got an A+.

Wow I am having trouble with this. Despite reading all the above, watching youtube guides for A+ and reading tips and suggestiond from across the web, I am actually getting WORSE scores each time I play. 

What the hell is going on? I am mixing up weapons, rushing enemies with guns, always executing with weapons, and stringing together 3+ combos.

Does dying a lot affect the score? I thought that the game only counted your successful runs through each stage of a chapter, but with me trying to go for boldness and combos I am definitely dying more than I used to.

Old stuff, but since I'm doing this now, it might help others:

1. Switching up your weapons helps, but in my experience, it does nothing compared to combos. If possible, use the knife all the time if/when you get it (except on the levels that require guns), and don't bother switching beyond that.
  2. Death has no discernible effect on your score. Your time is considered simply through the amount of time it took to complete a stage from respawn to completion. 
  3. Boldness is a weird one, but I found that using melee weapons and rushing into battle sent boldness through the roof.

So, all in all, I started going for A+ scores yesterday, and got 13 of them in the span of an hour. I generally used the frog mask (Zach?), beat the crap out of whoever was first, grabbed a weapon, and Leeroy'ed through the levels until I found a good groove. You don't need to single combo a room (as far as I could tell), and as long as you have a couple of 10+ combos, you're in great shape. Moreover, going for big combos will also send your boldness, mobility and time through the roof.

The Biker levels and the bonus levels are particularly easy to A+, but I don't know if they count for the pre-patch trophy (because I'm playing post patch). If they do, that's 4 levels that pretty much anyone can do in the span of 30 minutes, tops. On the second bonus level, I had a 14 combo the first time I saw it.

Also, the mask that gives you the knife is quite nice. I used that one for the first bonus level. 

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

I find it hard to believe that over 14,000 people have the platinum, although most of them may have earned the trophy pre-patch, in that case the game is easier because of it.

My problem is Level 10 and Level 13, both of them have big open areas and you are basically exposed to enemy gunfire. The first floor in the cop station and the eastern section in Level 10 are particularly troublesome. Of course these are the only two levels I have left so of course I'm going to be frustrated.

I'm thinking of backing up the saves, deleting this game off my HDD and redownloading it without the patch. If it means not doing one of the two levels I'm perfectly fine with that. Both seem heavily luck based, whereas the other levels are shorter in length and give you the opportunity to chain combos and executions, nothing too difficult.

The cop level also has fat dudes on the second floor, and that's another problem.

Edited by Spastic