I'm so fkn burned out.

Zanyverse

I literally have 0 drive to get any trophies. I can't even be bothered to grab the Vita anymore when i'm going to the toilet. Everything was fine a couple of months ago. I have all this backlog and games i keep buying. Please help me fix this. Any ideas? (PS. No i didn't die, not yet anyways)

My personal recommendation would be to take a break, and then start to play games you want to play as opposed to easy stuff. I will say though, I play a ton of easy peasy stuff for the sake of making guides. I get burned out sometimes. It's perfectly natural, although I do think pacing yourself when playing games helps too. Playing too much, too often doesn't help. Hope this helps and I'm sure you'll be back to busting out trophies again one day. :) 

My suggestion is to do blind playthroughs of games and leave it after that. Then, move on to the next game and so on and so forth. If you get that platinum itch, look at the games you've beaten and do a second playthrough/cleanup on whichever game you enjoyed most. You don't have to trophy hunt all the time... or at all. No one is going to think less of you for it (and if they do, that's a fault on them, not you).

As for the enormous backlog, my suggestion is to take your credit card off PSN and put $50 to $100 on it at the beginning of the year and don't add money to your wallet until the next year. That puts a limit on how much you can buy digitally. Then, limit yourself on physical games, like 2 or 3 a year. 

Or challenge yourself and say, "I will not buy a game in a year." And just play through the backlog. Remember that there's absolutely no penalty to not getting around to playing a game you bought. It's a sunk cost. If it's not worth the time, don't play it.

• Like 2

I guess your problem is that you can't choose one of your games to play, I do have this problem whenever I finish a game. Just try to force your way into a game you've wanted to play for a long time, no matter if it takes too long to plat or if you think you won't "enjoy" it, works every time for me.

Edited by kanzenchaos

Just saw your profile and it seems that you just collect trophies just because.  Don't do that, it'll kill you.

I recommend focusing on no more than 2 games and have a 3rd (main game) to relax, fool around with friends (I go at $250 per hour ?), etc.

I'll throw in my two cents too although I have way less experience in trophy sniping xD .

First rediscover your love for videogames. Just play whatever you love regardless of trophies (heck even pick some trophyless games on ps3 or go PC). Just play as it has been intended to xD (no focus on the trophies ).

THEEEN if you feel like it maybe plat the games. To adapt an old post on this forum , " your trophies and rank don't really matter IF you aren't having fun". 

If that doesn't work either, pick up another hobby and leave gaming as your 4th or 5th focus! I doubt games should be your main focus in life unless you are a game dev.

Just saying ? 

There is a huge difference between trophy hunting and trophy hoarding. You seem to be doing the latter, and I'd suggest that you stop buying garbage games just for trophies and instead try to play games that you are genuinely interested in. You know, trying to get the feeling back of starting a game and being blown away by a gorgeous world, great narrative, challenging and engaging gameplay, or whatever it is that you like in a game. 

I wouldn't know since I don't do it, but I cannot imagine playing EZPZ after EZPZ just for the sake of increasing one's trophy count being fun, at all. That's what many players on top of the Leaderboards are saying as well, sicne they also have to play those to maintain their ranking. 

There are so many amazing games out there, try to get to those and forget about leaderboards. Have fun doing what you do. 

• Like 3

Look deep inside you

Remember why you do this

Get back up, fight hard

You are the new king

Dethrone that Hakoom guy soon

Leaderboard stale

Failure not option

You die a big damn hero

Or be a shadow

This is you rising

Aim leaderboard, zero place

Never doubt, just win

Thanks for the advice from everyone.

As for playing games without trophies i've been playing alot of Hearthstone, Overwatch & Hitman 2 PC.

As for people saying that i only play the easy games for easy platinums. Well yes, i love seeing random numbers inflate by big amounts. Going to school etc, i feel like i need to platinum easy games just to keep up with the pack.

As for people saying that i just shouldn't buy games anymore, i can't really do that. It's like impulse. If i we're to start clearing backlog, 10 games in i'd go. Hey i've done 10 and i'd buy 10 more.

Could all of you suggest some games to play, just look at the 0%'s and pick a few.

Thanks again.

-Foxx

I'd just stop playing the terrible multi stack games just for the sake of multiple platinums. I doubt you genuinely get any enjoyment while you play them and once you get the plat you delete it and rinse repeat. 
Play something you'll get actual enjoyment from. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LLegend_Fox said:

I literally have 0 drive to get any trophies. I can't even be bothered to grab the Vita anymore when i'm going to the toilet. Everything was fine a couple of months ago. I have all this backlog and games i keep buying. Please help me fix this. Any ideas? (PS. No i didn't die, not yet anyways)

I felt that way recently.

I stopped playing any new games, and just started playing a game I love (Hitman 2) that I already had all trophies for, and tbh, I’ve been loving not caring or minding about trophies.

when I get back to playing new stuff, I’m sure i’ll be refreshed and ready to earn some, but my advice is to take a break from hunting, and spend some quality time with some comfortable games you just love playing.

the trophy hunger will return - for now, enjoy trophy-sobriety! ?

also - forget keeping up with ‘the pack’.

the pack is all about trophies for trophies-sake.

I accepted a long time ago, that I will never compete with people who's life is trophies, so I can slip down the leaderboards without any irritation. 

Life is not measured in PSN points, and neither should your gaming life. The points will come when they come. When they sully the hobby you love, they aren’t points. They’re burdens.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I felt that way recently.

I stopped playing any new games, and just started playing a game I love (Hitman 2) that I already had all trophies for, and tbh, I’ve been loving not caring or minding about trophies.

when I get back to playing new stuff, I’m sure i’ll be refreshed and ready to earn some, but my advice is to take a break from hunting, and spend some quality time with some comfortable games you just love playing.

the trophy hunger will return - for now, enjoy trophy-sobriety! 1f642.png

also - forget keeping up with ‘the pack’.

the pack is all about trophies for trophies-sake.

I accepted a long time ago, that I will never compete with people who's life is trophies, so I can slip down the leaderboards without any irritation. 

Life is not measured in PSN points, and neither should your gaming life. The points will come when they come. When they sully the hobby you love, they aren’t points. They’re burdens.

I too love Hitman 2. Got all trophies on PS4 (originally second, only beaten by Ferryjan by like 10 hours.) But with the new update, i cant even be bothered to install the it on my ps4. Same with the new Borderlands 2 DLC. I have already played through it on pc, dropping like 50 hours in 2 weeks. But i don't feel anything to even turn on the ps4 anymore. I still play Hitman 2 on PC everyday. But as for PS4 i can't be bothered for some reason.

Here are some game suggestions.

Psychonauts - It's a really good platformer.

A Hat in Time - It's my favorite platformer of all time. I had a smile on my face the whole time I was playing.

Darksiders 2 - I heard this game was good enough times to remember it.

Borderlands - I'm currently playing through the second and am having fun.

Hitman: Blood Money - I saw you like Hitman.

You need to take a break. 

Constantly playing for trophies from my experience leads to boredom and tiresome tedious playing. 

I’ve taken up to a weeks break without really hunting for trophies and it gave me a lot more focus and dedication to really push myself to play another game. 

There is no need to play everyday, all day. If that’s how you play then you should probably change your schedule and priorities.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spaz said:

You need to take a break. 

Constantly playing for trophies from my experience leads to boredom and tiresome tedious playing. 

I’ve taken up to a weeks break without really hunting for trophies and it gave me a lot more focus and dedication to really push myself to play another game. 

There is no need to play everyday, all day. If that’s how you play then you should probably change your schedule and priorities.

I've taken a 2 month break at this point and i still dont feel the drive to get any trophies, even fun games like Hitman 2 or BL2. 

I think and would say if your feeling burned out try something new. I mean try and not play any games for trophies and go for a game you find fun. like say a game you like a lot and you already got the trophies to it and keep playing it and once you do and you feel burned out try playing new games you like the look of and just play them as they are. don't make trophy hunting a job or anything just have it where you enjoy it.

As if you do that you will be really burned out on games as a whole. Just try and enjoy the games you enjoy. I mean if your so in need of doing things like that I say try and play a game that is maybe out of your zone of games. Like anime games for me is never my kind of games but after giving akiab's trip a go I enjoyed it and wanted to play more games kind of the same as that.