I'm so fkn burned out.

Zanyverse

Most of your list consists of easy games that can be done in a few short hours.

With as many trophies as you have with a lot of easy platinums I would of quit trophy hunting a year or two ago. 

I’m not trying to sound elitist here but if trophy hunting doesn’t do it for you, then find another hobby.

• Like 1

Don’t think of it as too bad a thing; it will surely happen to us all someday. 

At times I’ve gone years without caring about trophies, and I’m well aware that that lack of interest could return at any time. 

We all love trophies, but hunting them can be a very tedious, unending chore that wears you down. Nothing wrong with not wanting to put yourself through that for a while, or ever again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 11:13 AM, LLegend_Fox said:

As for people saying that i only play the easy games for easy platinums. Well yes, i love seeing random numbers inflate by big amounts. Going to school etc, i feel like i need to platinum easy games just to keep up with the pack.

As for people saying that i just shouldn't buy games anymore, i can't really do that. It's like impulse. If i we're to start clearing backlog, 10 games in i'd go. Hey i've done 10 and i'd buy 10 more.

This right here. Without wanting to sound like an old psycho babbling d*ck... while you are not gaming anyway, take some time to reflect on this. Burnout is an awesome strong signal you get when you continue to ignore more subtle signals for a long time (been there)... kindly asking you to maybe look inside yourself for new, better answers. 

Again, I sound like a d*ck probably and there’s probably a very tiny chance that you will pick up on this (which is okay, it must come from within) but I think you are asking the wrong question. You don’t need game or gaming suggestions. You need answers from yourself: who are you, who would you like to be. Where am I going. What do I think? What do I want, what do I stand for?

Whenever you are ready. 

On 28/06/2019 at 10:13 AM, LLegend_Fox said:

As for people saying that i only play the easy games for easy platinums. Well yes, i love seeing random numbers inflate by big amounts. Going to school etc, i feel like i need to platinum easy games just to keep up with the pack.

Keep up with what pack, though?

There are dozens of easy platinums being released every month. You'll never be able to keep up with the people who buy all those and their many stacks unless you do that yourself. But are those people you'd want to try and keep up with in the first place? That's not competing at trophy hunting, it's competing to see who cares the least about what they're actually playing.

I'm presuming that you originally enjoyed trophy hunting, but after trying out the easy platinums, it became more about seeing the number rise more than anything else. Or maybe you never enjoyed trophy hunting. But either way, now you can't appreciate trophies from games you actually enjoy because they don't make those numbers rise anywhere near as fast.

If that's the problem, I'm not sure there's really much you can do about that, other than think about what the numbers represent. Having a high number of platinums might sound nice, but does it really mean anything if they're all platinums anyone can get without any time or effort? Essentially just a bunch of participation awards. If you only get trophies for the sole purpose of seeing that number rise, you're bound to burn out sooner or later, because forcing yourself to do a hobby that bores you isn't sustainable.

I might not have as many platinums as someone who squanders their money on these participation platinums, but at least I enjoyed the journeys the games gave me, and all the challenges their trophies offered. That's worth more to me than just being able to say "Oh, I have 1000 platinums" and hoping nobody actually looks at them to see how shit they all are.

If that ever changes, then I'd have to accept that trophy hunting isn't something I should be doing anymore. If it's all about seeing numbers rise, there are other ways to achieve that besides trophies. Many of which will probably be more enjoyable.

• Like 1

On 15-7-2019 at 8:38 AM, Sifferino said:

You don’t need game or gaming suggestions.

Actually, i really really do. I've been buying way too much shit recently. Look at all the 0% games on my account. Please take a look and suggest some, because i don't know where to start. Most of the time i just pick stuff i can knock out in 1-2 hours or even less in hopes off getting rid of all the garbage and then getting to play some real games on my PS4. But by the time im done there's another 4 game stack that gets released. (I don't stack Vita). Most real games i buy on my PC, i've been playing the Tomb Raider franchise since the Steam Summer Sale, something i would never play on my PS4. I don't know why, maybe it's just the controller that feels bad in my hands. 

You say you're burned out and had enough because you're prioritising garbage games (your words) over games you want to play. Why would you do this? Is climbing a leaderboard more important than the point of playing games in the first place - enjoyment?

My advice: Put all the games you own on a spreadsheet and put a priority list together, which you want to play the most at the top, then just go through them like that.

Something similar to this:

OYyeWZO.jpg

since i started trophy hunting back with the initial release of the ps3, ive jumped several accounts over getting burned out periodically and just wanting a fresh start (silly i know). this would be my third "main" account with nearly 100 platinums on it, though this time around i actually managed to break that threshold. everytime i got burned out i would play MMOs on pc for months at a time and just forget the consoles altogether. id eventually get bored of the PC and come back to consoles, start fresh, say things will be different, with a new burning passion to get trophies, but down the line it would happen again and id stop hunting. the second time around i just started playing MP games for the heck of it not worrying about trophies and just messing around with friends/people. 

all i can say is for most of us im sure, trophy hunting is just a habit you cant shake and eventually draws you back in whether its in a few weeks, months, years. the time away each of us needs will differ, but the end result will be the same. from someone whos been burned out multiple times, and transitioned between PC and playstation multiple times i can relate where you're coming from. though i disagree with you trying to have games recommended for you as its the opposite of what you need to get the passion back. what i can recommend is just looking through the more recent popular games or maybe finding games with great ratings and trying those from genres you enjoy.

theres nothing wrong with playing easy games, but dont fall into the trap of playing just for trophies as thats how the burn creeps in much quicker. I fell into that hole several times before and its not pleasant. you end up spending money on games youd usually not play, on games you probably wont enjoy, what a waste of time and money. thats how i managed to break the 100 plat threshold FINALLY after all my account refreshes (i think id be around 250-300 if i never changed). play what you like, as the others have suggested. its that simple. i generally play 2 or 3 games at once to swap between, one on the vita as i commute to work, a relatively fun/easy/short game on console, and a more involved longer plat on console as well, but all 3 would be games that i find entertaining.

I'd say change what you're playing. Looking at your list it contains a lot of garbage. Turn your attention back to what brought you back into trophy hunting to begin with. Stop trying to "keep up" with others, the more you compare yourselves to them the more you'll find you won't measure up. But is that really such a bad thing? Relax and re-calibrate.

On 6/28/2019 at 1:59 AM, SixyLove said:

Look deep inside you

Remember why you do this

Get back up, fight hard

You are the new king

Dethrone that Hakoom guy soon

Leaderboard stale

Failure not option

You die a big damn hero

Or be a shadow

This is you rising

Aim leaderboard, zero place

Never doubt, just win

I'm no expert at giving advice, but this looks pretty damn solid. I don't see how you could possibly go wrong following this suggestion, and you'd be a fool to do anything else.

Find a game that has a more captivating story. I'm currently playing the Ace Attorney Trilogy trying to get over my own burnout issues and I have a hard time putting the game down because the episodes are so interesting. Yeah a lot of it is a little repetitive but there are enough twists to keep things from getting stale. Yes it's a VN essentially but it's still the easy trophies you want but it's more of a transition to something of higher quality than EZPZ games. Just a suggestion.

I have attempted three times now to reply to this thread, but whatever I wanted to say has already been said, so... I am just curious why OP did not answer the questions:

On 17.7.2019 at 4:45 PM, BetrayalOfSanity said:

Stop trying to "keep up" with others, the more you compare yourselves to them the more you'll find you won't measure up. But is that really such a bad thing? Relax and re-calibrate.

On 17.7.2019 at 1:44 PM, FawltyPowers said:

Why would you do this? Is climbing a leaderboard more important than the point of playing games in the first place - enjoyment?

On 15.7.2019 at 9:56 AM, Shadiochao said:

Keep up with what pack, though?

So: why don't you stop something that obviously has such a strong impact on you? There is no magic game that will ignite what fun you had in trophy hunting, asking what games to play is not the right way to tackle this subject. What is it that stops you from playing games in order to experience the game, but to amass trophies?

On 22-7-2019 at 11:31 PM, Rally-Vincent--- said:

why don't you stop something that obviously has such a strong impact on you? There is no magic game that will ignite what fun you had in trophy hunting, asking what games to play is not the right way to tackle this subject. What is it that stops you from playing games in order to experience the game, but to amass trophies?

Don't know why, but i just like watching numbers go up i guess.

I've been playing Shining Force CD for two weeks without worrying about trophies.

I like to hunt for trophies, but it's not the be all and end all for me. I have other interests.

Getting 100 plats was my goal. That's more than enough for me.

I hop from Old School Runescape & Playstation to keep from burning out.

I totally understand what's happening.

I either devote 100% of my time to OSRS or PSN

OR

Play OSRS while trophy hunting, I'm literally trophy hunting and afking osrs as i type this

Edited by ChrisHeckman

5 hours ago, ustakun said:

You need to take a break or play some games just for fun(Looking at your games, you could play Uncharted Lost Legacy maybe?), believe me the trophy addiction will come back eventually

I've been playing the "fun" games alot more on pc. Hearthstone, Hitman 2 & Borderlands to name a few. 

• 3 months later...

Buy a Nintendo Switch or a 3DS, forget about trophies for a while.

Or just stop playing altogether for 1-2 weeks, I do that sometimes, not necessarily because I get burned out, but because sometimes everyone needs a break.

Order your backlog by games you want to play, make a top 10 list and go ahead with that one, and just ignore games that you "should" be playing.