Ps4 pre-orders run out at Gamestop

drummerklg

Sony has pulled back on PlayStation 4 pre-orders at U.S. retail giant GameStop.

They previously gave the go-ahead for PS4 pre-orders at the retailer earlier this year. However, the high demand at GameStop’s store lists the standard edition of Sony’s next-generation console as ‘not available.’

You can still get one of the many bundles up for grabs, even though they just take a $60 game and put it with a ps4 at $460.

Sony had said that demand for the PS4 may outstrip supply in the run up to the console’s launch this holiday season,
no confirmation has been given to sony accepting standard edition pre-orders again.

Have you pre-ordered the PS4 yet?

I haven't, there just isn't enough games to justify the purchase on launch day, if the Witcher 3 was a launch title..

Edited by drummerklg

I can definitely see this happening in Europe as well. The amount of people pre-ordering the console is pretty crazy at the moment. I pre-ordered mine just before E3 on the EU Gamestop site so i'm kind of relieved I did now.

As long as I get the PS4 and at least one of the games I pre-ordered on release i'll be happy :)

i was the 2nd person in line to pre order mine at the GameStop that i shop at... hopefully they have us numbered because i don't want to get there on release day and have to fight to get mine due to them not getting enough units!

on another note... the guy who works at gamestop said that they still haven't gotten the ok to open up more pre orders of the Xbone... said that the PS4 is crushing the competition.

I may have been one of the last people to pre order. I only just did it Saturday. I was actually gonna wait another week until the I was told that the xbox was no longer taking pre orders. At the time, I thought it was just a gimmick to get me to pre order sooner. I'm glad I did it now. :S

i was the 2nd person in line to pre order mine at the GameStop that i shop at... hopefully they have us numbered because i don't want to get there on release day and have to fight to get mine due to them not getting enough units!

on another note... the guy who works at gamestop said that they still haven't gotten the ok to open up more pre orders of the Xbone... said that the PS4 is crushing the competition.

Trust me if you were second they go by the order or reservation. It's company policy :) I'm 1 and 2 at the one i shop at so mine are guaranteed pretty much

Edited by HARD_ANGEL_FAN

Trust me if you were second they go by the order or reservation. It's company policy :) I'm 1 and 2 at the one i shop at so mine are guaranteed pretty much

Thats good to hear... what if they have a midnight launch and i don't pick it up till morning?

Thats good to hear... what if they have a midnight launch and i don't pick it up till morning?

they will hold it for 48 hours, so you are still ok. 

psh who cares about gamestop. lame company if you ask me. best buy ftw.

here is the thing with best buy, they are going to do 2 things, they will either get only 20 consoles and will look who reserved it first, or it will be first come first serve and you will be making a line DAYS before the console is out,  i dont trust best buy on console pre orders. 

they will hold it for 48 hours, so you are still ok. 

here is the thing with best buy, they are going to do 2 things, they will either get only 20 consoles and will look who reserved it first, or it will be first come first serve and you will be making a line DAYS before the console is out,  i dont trust best buy on console pre orders. 

I agree with this... Best Buy is a joke when it comes to game orders... i cant imagine consoles being any better

Don't worry, GameStop has you pay a deposit to seal your pre-order, they'll just tell anyone who didn't previously order that there isn't any, if they don't, then complain if they have sold out and you never got yours.  Just make sure you're there day one as they will probably have a waiting list now for anyone to pre-order when someone decides they don't want the console anymore or at launch, or just doesn't arrive in the amount of time given to you to pick yours up.

I say it be the same here in UK, I pre-ordered mines the morning after E3 with GAME when the pricing had went up, hopefully it'll arrive on release day :)

I agree with this... Best Buy is a joke when it comes to game orders... i cant imagine consoles being any better

Yeah, I've had problems with them in the past too. I only just recently started shopping there again.

Glad to see the console is getting the love it deserves, but I'll be waiting on anything next gen until I feel I've got the most out of this one. Not to mention paying top dollar for a console to play one game and wait just doesn't make sense with my backlog. :lol:

Ciao! Same thing happened with my Gamestop; but what is the advantage in pre-ordering the ps4 bundle??

~Thanx xoxoxo~

Pre-ordering only secures your ability to get your hands on the console on release day. If they run out of stock and you haven't pre-ordered, you'll have to wait until they make more units.

Some people will inevitably try and pre-order 3 or 4 with the intention of selling their spare units for crazy prices when stock runs out.

Edited by Captain_Cutscene