How to buy episode 1 on PS3? It's missing from PS Store - i have a season pass..

Kristmas2

How to buy episode 1 on PS3? It's missing from store - i have a PS3 season pass, but i can see only episodes 2,3,4,5 and 6 in store and they are all free, but i can't find episode 1 :(

I have bought a Season Pass some time ago, but i have never added free episodes to my download list and now i cannot do this, cause episode 1 is missing.. does anyone had same problem? If i download episodes 2-6 will episode 1 be avaiable from game? I am afraid that playing game will allow me to play only episodes 2-6 and i will not get episode 1 :(

Edited by Kristmas2

2 minutes ago, Kristmas2 said:

How to buy episode 1? It's missing from store - i have a season pass, but i can see only episodes 2,3,4,5 and 6 in store and they are all free, but i can't find episode 1 :(

I have bought a Season Pass some time ago, but i have never added free episodes to my download list and now i cannot do this, cause episode 1 is missing.. does anyone had same problem? If i download episodes 2-6 will episode 1 be avaiable from game? I am afraid that playing game will allow me to play only episodes 2-6 and i will not get episode 1 :(

Go to your library look for game of thrones even though you don't see episode 1 it's there just tell it to download episode 2 or all the episodes and 1 will download aswell it's how all the taletell games work on ps4 when u have the pass (kinda like the pass is episode 1 just dosnt say so)

3 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Go to your library look for game of thrones even though you don't see episode 1 it's there just tell it to download episode 2 or all the episodes and 1 will download aswell it's how all the taletell games work on ps4 when u have the pass (kinda like the pass is episode 1 just dosnt say so)

Yeah, but i am talking about PS3 version - can you confirm that i will be able to download episode 1 from PS3 version of game itself?

Edited by Kristmas2

9 minutes ago, cam_wick said:

Tell Tale Games always install with the first episode inside the season pass download, I don't think I've ever seen a stand alone episode 1 for any of their games...

There was episode 1 of GOT for PS3 and PS4 versions, but its delisted now ;/ You can only find episodes 2-6 in ps store, so i don't know is it possible to download episode 1 now, if you haven't added it to your download list before delisting..

9 minutes ago, Chocolate GiddyUp said:

Isn't Episode 1 listed as a demo you download, then if you have season pass it turns into a full episode?

Episode 1 was free, but now it's missing completely, so i can't even find it in store.. i am angry cause i have a season pass for ps3 and i can't add all 6 episodes to my download list..

30 minutes ago, Kristmas2 said:

Episode 1 was free, but now it's missing completely, so i can't even find it in store.. i am angry cause i have a season pass for ps3 and i can't add all 6 episodes to my download list..

just install the season pass, open the game and then you should be able to launch episode 1. if not you can download every episode through the game's main menu

2 minutes ago, cam_wick said:

just install the season pass, open the game and then you should be able to launch episode 1. if not you can download every episode through the game's main menu

I'll try downloading episode 2 and i will see if i can download episode 1 within game itself. I will do it on another account, cause if i wont be able to download episode 1 i will be only able to play and get trophies from episodes 2 to 6 ;/

Edited by Kristmas2

• 8 months later...
On 28.06.2019 at 1:20 PM, Kristmas2 said:

I'll try downloading episode 2 and i will see if i can download episode 1 within game itself. I will do it on another account, cause if i wont be able to download episode 1 i will be only able to play and get trophies from episodes 2 to 6 ;/

This does not work - when you download episodes 2-6 they just appear as game files in gamedata folder. You can't even start a game through them. So it is still not solved ;/ If anyone have a spare account with free episode 1 to share i would be grateful :) It was free for a long time, I should have added it to my list then :/

Edited by Kristmas2

• 9 months later...

This is totally bullshit. I'm having the same issue. When I bought the game a couple years ago I never bothered downloading it but the season pass file was there under my download list so I knew I could download it whenever I want even if it was removed from the store. It appears they deleted it from my download list for whatever stupid reason. It doesn't even show up in my transaction history anymore. Now I can only see it under "services list" which clearly shows I have the rights to play it and it has no expiration date. Yet I can't play something I paid for because it's nowhere to be found! I tried reaching out to Sony but the only way is Twitter since they don't accept e-mails due to "high demand" according to their web page so I wrote a tweet mentioning them but they didn't even bother replying me back anyway. I'm so mad right now.

proof.jpg

Edited by Cancerebro
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the reversed problem. I had the full game on ps3 and downloaded the first episode on ps3 a long time ago (thinking I could buy the season-pass later). Now it is delisted and I can't buy the full game. I will go check if I can at least download episode one again from the store.

mathias--gamer.png

Edited by mathias--gamer

• 1 month later...

I've been dealing with this issue for weeks. After several e-mails, a lotta screen shots and boring conversations with ps customer service employees, they just sent me another e-mail saying they readded the game to my library. I was surprised because it's been so long since I've last heard from them and honestly I didn't think they were even capable of solving such a "complex" problem. Turns out I was right. The idiots added Game of Thrones Episode 4 for PS4 to my library. And I don't even have a PS4! How can someone do absolutely everything wrong!? I just...ugh

Screen-Shot-2021-02-11-at-21-27-12.png

• Like 4

• 8 months later...
On 28/12/2020 at 0:30 AM, StrangeGuy_3000 said:

If you had the digital season pass, then I believe there isn't a way to get episode 1. The game can still be fully played using the physical version.

Can anyone confirm if the disc version allows you to get all trophies? I read that it only contains episodes 1-5. Is 6 still available for purchase from the disc version after the delisting? Sort of like how demos sometimes let you buy delisted full games.

Edited by tony_snake_24

43 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Can anyone confirm if the disc version allows you to get all trophies? I read that it only contains episodes 1-5. Is 6 still available for purchase from the disc version after the delisting? Sort of like how demos sometimes let you buy delisted full games.

Yes, the final episode bypasses the need to search for the episode on the store, the reason is that when you buy the disc you have the legal right to the season pass content, so as long as the store is up, so will those episodes.

And to confirm, I got the trophies from the disc version not too long ago.

This will work with all Telltale game discs that don't have all the episodes on disc, possibly except for minecraft season 1 season pass disc, which only grants you access to 5 out of the 8 episodes, You'd need to get the Minecraft complete adventure for all 8 episodes. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

Yes, the final episode bypasses the need to search for the episode on the store, the reason is that when you buy the disc you have the legal right to the season pass content, so as long as the store is up, so will those episodes.

And to confirm, I got the trophies from the disc version not too long ago.

This will work with all Telltale game discs that don't have all the episodes on disc, possibly except for minecraft season 1 season pass disc, which only grants you access to 5 out of the 8 episodes, You'd need to get the Minecraft complete adventure for all 8 episodes. 

Thanks a lot that's great! 

Appreciate the Minecraft info too.