Pure Gold Trophy

Lightsp33d1987

Anyone found a decent method for this trophy as in is it worth closing the game instead of quitting the race if someone takes you out etc, This trophy is actually a real pain due to people taking you out I lose more points than I gain can see me dropping to bronze soon because of other players...

32 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Staying at the back all the time doesn't work? 

It does for the A safety but for getting to gold skill seems you need to finish near the top but one race i started 4th finished 4th and still lost points instead of gaining so not quite sure how it awards points i tried closing app lost 7 points in another race but i had no front wing so it was more of a test to see how many points i would lose.

Hi everyone. i just wanted to share my opinion regarding pure gold trophy. I dont know maybe its my fault or maybe it was only luck..but after 10 years, i have the platinum trophy on every f1 game (from 2010), every gran turismo (5-6 and sport), every project cars, every wrc, but in f1 2019 i cant get even close to finish in mid places.. I noticed that for example here in the Austrian gp (offline mode) my time its around 01.07/08 secs. but online with the same circuit and same setup..1.10secs (the guy on first place finished in 1.04 secs..but come on.. its ridicolous). Other example..gp of Unghery in off line my time its 1.22 secs, but when im online its 1.28 secs.. To me its impossible to get the plat this year..i dont get it. I dont even going to get bored to complete the career mode. I surrender..good luck everyone..:-(

36 minutes ago, atriplehrkogabe7 said:

Hi everyone. i just wanted to share my opinion regarding pure gold trophy. I dont know maybe its my fault or maybe it was only luck..but after 10 years, i have the platinum trophy on every f1 game (from 2010), every gran turismo (5-6 and sport), every project cars, every wrc, but in f1 2019 i cant get even close to finish in mid places.. I noticed that for example here in the Austrian gp (offline mode) my time its around 01.07/08 secs. but online with the same circuit and same setup..1.10secs (the guy on first place finished in 1.04 secs..but come on.. its ridicolous). Other example..gp of Unghery in off line my time its 1.22 secs, but when im online its 1.28 secs.. To me its impossible to get the plat this year..i dont get it. I dont even going to get bored to complete the career mode. I surrender..good luck everyone..:-(

I have every F1 plat as well and this year i really need adjust how i normally race even to the point i have to brake much earlier than previous years and im still trying to figure out what car the online cars are based on, Previous years it has always been the best car in real life is normally the default online equal car this year like you say i can't drive the same online like i do offline.

2 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

So does disconnecting during a race won't give you negative points? 

Yeah i lost 7 points from closing the app.

1 hour ago, Patrickosan said:

Ok, I've checked. By disconnecting from PSN you lose NONE of the points. So it's easy, just stay near the podium and if you're not than just disconnect. 

Whoever came up with such a idiotic trophy should lose his job... 

So closing app you lose points but i can sign out of PSN and lose 0 points? As i play wired can i just untick the Connect to the Internet box for this to work as well?

Yes. But the fastest way is just to go into settings > network and untick connection to internet. Than press fast 2x PS button and you will come back to the game. If you will spin or meet a morons on track than quickly tap 2x PS Button and disconnect. 

I was 2nd rank in Silver and I've got error while driving on 1st postion... I lost 150 points. This facking game is pure bullshit. 

14 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Yes. But the fastest way is just to go into settings > network and untick connection to internet. Than press fast 2x PS button and you will come back to the game. If you will spin or meet a morons on track than quickly tap 2x PS Button and disconnect. 

I was 2nd rank in Silver and I've got error while driving on 1st postion... I lost 150 points. This facking game is pure bullshit. 

Well cheers for info mate i really hate this trophy due to people love to slam brakes on when your behind them or they like to side swipe you so annoying.

If you are quick enough with disconnecting via menu (fast double tap) than it shouldn't count. I had couple of situations like that and I saved my points.

But anyway, removing points is the most idiotic thing in online matchmaking. Like I said before, I had an error and lost almost 300 points... So I lost all day of playing... 

• Like 1

I can give some tips for people trying tot get this trophy. Try to look for a full lobby, yes more can go wrong but if u finish 5th with 10 players in a lobby u might get 5 points u might lose 5, but if u finish 5th in a 15 player lobby u Will get around 20-30 points. 

Try to learn how to drive with without brake assist and traction assist on half. U Will be around 0.8 sec faster each lap with traction assist on half.

If u drive without any assist I would still recommend turning on ABS and traction on half. U can brake later and if a player tries to push you off the road u wont spin that easily anymore. 

The start of the race can be quite tricky, some tracks like mexico u can cut the corner and get a 3 second time penalty but it will help dodge other cars and avoid damage (this does effect your safety rating so you might want do to this after u have gotten the A safety trophy)

Edited by IGUnique
Typo

16 hours ago, IGUnique said:

I can give some tips for people trying tot get this trophy. Try to look for a full lobby, yes more can go wrong but if u finish 5th with 10 players in a lobby u might get 5 points u might lose 5, but if u finish 5th in a 15 player lobby u Will get around 20-30 points. 

Try to learn how to drive with without brake assist and traction assist on half. U Will be around 0.8 sec faster each lap with traction assist on half.

If u drive without any assist I would still recommend turning on ABS and traction on half. U can brake later and if a player tries to push you off the road u wont spin that easily anymore. 

The start of the race can be quite tricky, some tracks like mexico u can cut the corner and get a 3 second time penalty but it will help dodge other cars and avoid damage (this does effect your safety rating so you might want do to this after u have gotten the A safety trophy)

What score do you need for gold rating? Silver 2 is 1400 and I’m currently 1650 so hopefully I get silver 3 soon

7 hours ago, ValeNort46 said:

What score do you need for gold rating? Silver 2 is 1400 and I’m currently 1650 so hopefully I get silver 3 soon

At around 1800 you need to be all the the time at the podium to score points. Once I was 4tb in 15 player lobby and got -7 points... 

On 4-7-2019 at 10:06 AM, DizzyDavidson said:

Yes you need 2000 points and with your new gold rating you need to complete 1 qualifying or race tot get the trophy. I would advice qualification since u can drop under 2000 again in the race and TBH idk if it affects the trophy.

Seriously, placing podium all the time to reach gold is impossible with so many morons around. Few years backs I would say it's normal in online, but now it's normal only in CM games. After Gran Turismo I know it's possible to do great online system. But when I race in CM games and F1 especially, I think I'm playing with some beings with additional chromosome... 

If they won't fix it, it will be a disaster.

57 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Seriously, placing podium all the time to reach gold is impossible with so many morons around. Few years backs I would say it's normal in online, but now it's normal only in CM games. After Gran Turismo I know it's possible to do great online system. But when I race in CM games and F1 especially, I think I'm playing with some beings with additional chromosome... 

If they won't fix it, it will be a disaster.

When I did the Gran Turismo Sport Platinum most races were very clean where F1 everyone plays dirty, The amount of races where after the first lap I have gained 10+ positions just from people crashing into each other.