Pure Gold Trophy

Lightsp33d1987

I did it! But I used one trick to do it, because without it, it would be impossible. I really hope they will patch, it's the biggest topic on their forums right now, so they can't ignore it. So if you have patience, just wait for patch and see if they changed something. If you really want to do it know, here's a trick that might help you:

1. In power options, tick the "Keep applications suspended" and "keep connection to the internet" (not required I think but you never know). 

2. Go into Ranked and look for big lobbies (the more points you have, the less you will receive for higher places. After 1950, you only get points for podium finish in big lobbies).

3. If you get rammed, have a bad race, etc. just disconnect your console from internet from the settings (quickest option). You will be back in main menu and you won't lose points for leaving. 

4. Now he's the trick part. Points stays as they were as long as the game is up. If you will close your game or it will crash, you will lose points from those disconnections. So for the night you can suspend game and come back to it at the next day. 

It's a risky method that still requires a lot of luck and skill. It's very unfair trophy with idiotic requirements and let's hope they will patch it, so it will be obtainable by everyone. Even Demon's Souls doesn't have trophies that hard... 

Edited by Patrickosan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrickosan said:

I did it! But I used one trick to do it, because without it, it would be impossible. I really hope they will patch, it's the biggest topic on their forums right now, so they can't ignore it. So if you have patience, just wait for patch and see if they changed something. If you really want to do it know, here's a trick that might help you:

1. In power options, tick the "Keep applications suspended" and "keep connection to the internet" (not required I think but you never know). 

2. Go into Ranked and look for big lobbies (the more points you have, the less you will receive for higher places. After 1950, you only get points for podium finish in big lobbies).

3. If you get rammed, have a bad race, etc. just disconnect your console from internet from the settings (quickest option). You will be back in main menu and you won't lose points for leaving. 

4. Now he's the trick part. Points stays as they were as long as the game is up. If you will close your game or it will crash, you will lose points from those disconnections. So for the night you can suspend game and come back to it at the next day. 

It's a risky method that still requires a lot of luck and skill. It's very unfair trophy with idiotic requirements and let's hope they will patch it, so it will be obtainable by everyone. Even Demon's Souls doesn't have trophies that hard... 

I was lucky at the weekend and got into lobbies with a load of placement people, a podium in that lobby was worth +50 but get taken out and your points drop by the same amount 

its not a skill based trophy it’s a how lucky are you in avoiding the idiots that crash into you deliberately, I’m currently st 1500 so still a long way off the trophy

Edited by ValeNort46

I really hope they will ease up on the requirements. If not that trick, I never would do it. I started suspending when I was around 1800 points. But the game crash is the worst thing that can happen... Even after you get the gold, you still need to beat qualify on the next race. Imagine game crashing during that q... I would throw console out of the window.

Edited by Patrickosan

47 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

I would throw console out of the window.

You cable breathe a sigh of relief that it’s not one of the many glitched trophies, I know codemasters will patch those that don’t work but please test it so this kind of thing does not happen

On 09/07/2019 at 5:46 PM, ValeNort46 said:

You cable breathe a sigh of relief that it’s not one of the many glitched trophies, I know codemasters will patch those that don’t work but please test it so this kind of thing does not happen

So muche points loss!!!! This is crasy 

I got this yesterday,  I dropped my rank from S to B and lobbied up with a load of new people,  I went from 1700 to 2000 in about 3 hours finishing 1st and 2nd, cutting corners keeps your rank at B and don't be afraid to cut corners at the first corner at the start of the race to get away from being crashed into. I'd take a 2 second penalty to stay in 1st and finish ahead by as far as possible than try work my way back through with a broken wing. 

1 hour ago, Robinworldwide said:

This trophy is pure bs. Get knocked out by bumper car morons 2 races in a row and see hours of progress down the drain. Not to mention getting warnings for collisions when other people drive into you. Infuriating. 

It's when you also get rammed in the back over a corner you get a warning for hitting someone and also a time penalty for corner cutting and end of the race they have no time penalty like WTF.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

It's when you also get rammed in the back over a corner you get a warning for hitting someone and also a time penalty for corner cutting and end of the race they have no time penalty like WTF.

In an 18 man or so lobby I honestly feel it's better to start at the back then like qualify in e.g. 4th cause that's just a surefire way to get torpedo'd in the first corner.

34 minutes ago, Robinworldwide said:

In an 18 man or so lobby I honestly feel it's better to start at the back then like qualify in e.g. 4th cause that's just a surefire way to get torpedo'd in the first corner.

Yeah that is how i am doing it now last 3 races started 15th, 15th & 13th and got on the podium on each due to taking my time trying to avoid people more than actual racing lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/07/2019 at 4:50 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Finally got this stupid trophy done i really hope they change the requirements and how skill rating works.

Could not agree more I was 1950 and in a lobby of 6 winning and my points did not alter, finally after the lobby reached 10 did I start to gain points, you need guaranteed points for podium finishes in a future patch 

thankfully I have now got the trophy done and out the way, the best way to get this trophy is podium in big lobbies and try to maintain a minimum safety rating of B to aid a cleaner race

On 4/8/2019 at 9:47 AM, ValeNort46 said:

Could not agree more I was 1950 and in a lobby of 6 winning and my points did not alter, finally after the lobby reached 10 did I start to gain points, you need guaranteed points for podium finishes in a future patch 

thankfully I have now got the trophy done and out the way, the best way to get this trophy is podium in big lobbies and try to maintain a minimum safety rating of B to aid a cleaner race

Can you share set ups? I can´t get near good times in multiplayer

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, jvaferreira said:

Update 1.09 out. "Skill rating rebalancing", could be easier to get this trophy now. Can anyone confirm?

From what I gathered from the CM forums it’s still pretty much the same, they just fine tuned the current system and you lose/gain less points so the impact is not that big. But you still pretty much have to win/podium every race to get gold. On top of that, player base is dropping (as expected).

Edited by DizzyDavidson