Pure Gold Trophy

Lightsp33d1987

On 27/8/2019 at 6:52 PM, sven100 said:

Thx. Im way too far yet. Yesterday I won 200 points and Im sitting at 1337, after a lot of drop races because of stupid guys. Sad thing is that only with C and D ratings I get nearly full lobbies, while with above ratings rarely I cant get in top positions 

Qualifying for me was key to gaining points because front 2 row starts means you can avoid the carnage.

Yes you need luck on turn 1 of most circuits but with a clean getaway you can hold decent places, most of the time  you will have faster drivers pass you but I say let them past without fighting them.

i say that because so many times I would let one past and a few corners later would see them crash into someone who won’t give up the place.

This is s long trophy so take breaks to not burn yourself out and most importantly no matter how bad a start never rage quit because your points drop worse than finishing in last

Yeah, what I found is just keep it steady and clean, focus on not making mistakes. The first few races I was quite aggressive in trying to gain positions, but people just have no racing sense, will just turn into the apex when you’re alongside and probably spin you out because of the wonky collisions system. Basically only pass when it’s safe. Just keeping it clean and mistake-free allows for good finishing positions. Obviously you have to be somewhat quick, but it really is no where near as bad as the first few posts in this thread would suggest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure which update did what but we're on 1.12 right now I think and the skill rating system is pretty damn good now. I just did about 6-7 races and went from 1850 to 2020. As long as you finish in top 50% you should be gaining points and for me it didn't matter what skill rating I raced against and still gained (I'm sure you'd still gain more if you beat higher ranks than lower ranks). Sometimes I only finished just above the threshold (like 6/13) and still gained 15 or so points. But most races I gained 20-30 points w/o reaching the podium even.

With the older system I had to finish 2/10 to gain 10 pts. Just to compare the two.

I had some sleepless nights because of this skill rating but I can finally put it behind me. Whew!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, it’s pretty easy to obtain at the moment. Only took me a couple of days. One thing I did notice though is that you can now quit the race and you won’t lose any points. So if you’re about to end the race and you aren’t going to finish within the top 50%, just quit. Otherwise you’ll lose a few points.

I also had a much easier time when my safety rating was pretty bad (B/C). I’d just wait at the back of the grid going into the first corner, and sure enough, half of the lobby would get wiped out by a few morons that always seemed to brake too late. Happened almost every race in my case.

Edited by Smzthy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/12/2019 at 5:25 PM, Smzthy said:

Yeah, it’s pretty easy to obtain at the moment. Only took me a couple of days. One thing I did notice though is that you can now quit the race and you won’t lose any points. So if you’re about to end the race and you aren’t going to finish within the top 50%, just quit. Otherwise you’ll lose a few points.

I also had a much easier time when my safety rating was pretty bad (B/C). I’d just wait at the back of the grid going into the first corner, and sure enough, half of the lobby would get wiped out by a few morons that always seemed to brake too late. Happened almost every race in my case.

You say you don't lose points while quitting and the following comments says you lose a lot of points if you quit. Which one is right? Any specific way to quit to make sure we don't lose points? I havent played in a long time but I was around 1650 rating in the first months of the game so I'd like to get this done to have platinum...

44 minutes ago, MarcancooL said:

You say you don't lose points while quitting and the following comments says you lose a lot of points if you quit. Which one is right? Any specific way to quit to make sure we don't lose points? I havent played in a long time but I was around 1650 rating in the first months of the game so I'd like to get this done to have platinum...

In my experience I didn’t lose any points by quitting to main menu, but you will lose lots of points if you quit the game. Make sure you complete your last race before leaving the game. I played a while ago though, I don’t know if it has changed now.

• 3 weeks later...

Only took me about 35 races to get to Gold. Won about 10 and finished in top 50% in about 25 of them. I've played many F1 games but I use assists and all that. So yes, now seems like the time to go for this trophy if you haven't yet. Just avoid the big crash and you'll be fine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/06/2019 at 9:41 AM, Patrickosan said:

Ok, I've checked. By disconnecting from PSN you lose NONE of the points. So it's easy, just stay near the podium and if you're not than just disconnect. 

Whoever came up with such a idiotic trophy should lose his job... 

That was really helpful. Thanks a lot!

And yes... 10 years straight doing f1 games and they did not score... shame on you, codies...

Edit: I've disconnected the day before y'day and lost 100 points ?. Today I started with 1500 points, recovered 100 and when I was finishing a 13-lap race the network failed and I lost these 100, getting back to 1500.

Not to mention when the morons crash you and YOU are penalized

Ok, codemasters. Never more

Edited by Hotrod_felix
correction

Why Codemasters don’t just turn off collisions online is puzzling to me, they are clearly aware of the griefers in droves that play F1, but your right they don’t know how to do online and every game they release has buggy trophies, it’s a shame cos they make great racing games, they just need to replace the people in charge of these 2 issues and they’d be fine, their official forums aren’t much better either, they basically do their best to ignore these issues 

On 20/02/2020 at 9:05 PM, Shmeefly said:

Why Codemasters don’t just turn off collisions online is puzzling to me, they are clearly aware of the griefers in droves that play F1, but your right they don’t know how to do online and every game they release has buggy trophies, it’s a shame cos they make great racing games, they just need to replace the people in charge of these 2 issues and they’d be fine, their official forums aren’t much better either, they basically do their best to ignore these issues 

Totally agree. Apart from online/mp issues they do a great work.

Curious thing is that they alternate games with difficult online trophies and easy ones e.g: dirt 4 was really hard and dirt rally 2.0 is fairly easier.

F1 2018: only level 25 online x F1 2019: pure gold/level 50...

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2019 at 3:42 AM, rodengsm said:

It s very easy to get it right now. Just look for a partner and try to find an empty room. It s possible to obtain points for the first place just with 2 people playing.

How, whenever there is 2 players it just says waiting for other players. 

AI has consistently been earning me points, last few races it finished 4th, 2nd, 3rd and just now a 1st on Azerbaijan in an 18 player session. AI is also like a tank, when players try to smash into me they just bounce off me. Also the AI is pretty good in the rain, it's almost guaranteed points. 

On 18/04/2020 at 4:03 PM, GUDGER666 said:

How, whenever there is 2 players it just says waiting for other players. 

When i did it, it was possible to start a race with only 2 players. I dont know if it has been changed

Edited by rodengsm

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...