integra_93GS-R

Like Stardew Valley, but with a graveyard instead!

39 posts in this topic

I hadn't heard of this game until I saw the trophy list pop up here. I watched a trailer for it and it really does look like it plays much like Stardew Valley. The trophy list looks fun as well! Hopefully no Journey of the Prarie King perfect runs this time tho 🙃

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you love surprises like that?  I had heard of this one, and thought the idea sounded really cool.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First I've heard of it too. It actually looks pretty cool but just like Stardew Valley I cant imagine wanting to spend time playing  this kind of game on the TV. It wasn't until the Vita version came out that I bothered putting any time into it. It's a shame that it doesnt look like this game will be coming there.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a fan of the old harvest moon games it makes me glad seeing more games like this.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

First I've heard of it too. It actually looks pretty cool but just like Stardew Valley I cant imagine wanting to spend time playing  this kind of game on the TV. It wasn't until the Vita version came out that I bothered putting any time into it. It's a shame that it doesnt look like this game will be coming there.

Yes, I can certainly see the want to play a game like this on mobile, but that's a bummer that there was no mention of the Vita. I don't know if this would interest you either, but it sounded like it was also being released on iOS and Android for mobile phones? I'm not a fan of playing games on the phone tho. 

 

9 minutes ago, Kuzigari_ said:

As a fan of the old harvest moon games it makes me glad seeing more games like this.

Yesssss! I absolutely loved those games, way back in the SNES days. They definitely planted the seed (pun definitely intended 😉😜) for my love of these types of games today!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SirusBloodwalker said:

I have it on my pc, and it is amazing!

Thank you for letting me know! I love the art style, looks very interesting. It's on sale in the NA store for $17.99, so I do believe I'll be purchasing it this weekend! I appreciate the input 👌

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this game works this time around. Released earlier only to be removed. I was never able to sync my trophies and anytime I entered the dungeon area the game loaded a black screen that never ended.

I'm really excited if this version of the game works properly. I basically had done everything in the game that I could without entering the dungeon before getting a refund for a broken (and removed from the PSN) game.

Anyone know if trophies are syncing now and if the dungeon is accessible? I will buy it again right away once this is confirmed. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, integra_93GS-R said:

Yes, I can certainly see the want to play a game like this on mobile, but that's a bummer that there was no mention of the Vita. I don't know if this would interest you either, but it sounded like it was also being released on iOS and Android for mobile phones? I'm not a fan of playing games on the phone tho. 

 

Theres a Switch port. I would be more likely to play it there, or even better I could try remote playing it from my PS4 to my Vita so I can earn trophies lol.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played this on Xbox and it's a fantastic game, agreed it is very similar to Stardew Valley.  Will be picking this up again for PS4, didn't even know it was getting released.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TragicTravesty said:

I hope this game works this time around. Released earlier only to be removed. I was never able to sync my trophies and anytime I entered the dungeon area the game loaded a black screen that never ended.

I'm really excited if this version of the game works properly. I basically had done everything in the game that I could without entering the dungeon before getting a refund for a broken (and removed from the PSN) game.

Anyone know if trophies are syncing now and if the dungeon is accessible? I will buy it again right away once this is confirmed. 

Huh, I had no idea this was the case. I certainly appreciate you letting me know tho! I'll be picking it up over the weekend, so I'll definitely post a thread if I have any issues or if the game seems broken still. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SirusBloodwalker said:

I have it on my pc, and it is amazing!

Any idea how long the 100% will take? By just doing a quick skim through the trophy list, its hard to tell if its going to be grindy or not, very ambiguous trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Platinum difficulty? 

 

2 minutes ago, Orphioon said:

Any idea how long the 100% will take? By just doing a quick skim through the trophy list, its hard to tell if its going to be grindy or not, very ambiguous trophies.

Right, I was wondering this myself. Hard to gauge just by reading the list. @Mesopithecus @SirusBloodwalker @TragicTravesty, you guys/gals have all played this before. Any idea how long the plat might take to obtain, give or take?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@integra_93GS-R

I don’t really know exact amounts, but consider this game a good grind. The upgrades take a while to earn, and this game has a bit slower progression (personal opinion) than Stardew Valley.


I see that trophies are syncing for people now so that is awesome to see.

I contacted the developer when the game was originally launched and received the following (in case anyone was wondering what happened when the game vanished...):

 

Quote

"So you actually purchased the game before it was supposed to be released. You are one of the lucky few. However, that version of the game is actually VERY old because it was only meant to be a placeholder on the back-end of the store while we finished up the real version of the game. The game will be launching fairly soon and when it does, you will be directed to update the game to the fully working version. Right now you are basically playing an early access version of the game that nobody else has access to."

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is included with Game Pass on Xbox One in case anybody has both of those. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played it on computer and was amazed it came out for ps4 :3 The list is very doable, no prairie king there! It takes time, but since the game's very fun, I don't mind at all. Though one thing: There's dlc ("Undead" something) for it. This one is important. I try to not spoil surprises with that, but it helps getting a lot of work automated. I guess it feels a lot more tedious if you don't get this, but since I played on computer already with dlc installed, I can only guess.

 

Beware, one missable trophy I know of: "He trusted you..." Remember with Inquisitor to choose option Gerry when it comes up.

   
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I saw reviews for this around launch and the most common complaint was that it felt incomplete - like there was something about grinding for a gate pass for a town that didn't exist or some shit like that, among other things. Has it changed much since then for this release? Quite enjoyed Stardew and wouldn't mind something along those lines with this kind of aesthetic.

Edited by SkyMason
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SkyMason said:

I saw reviews for this around launch and the most common complaint was that it felt incomplete - like there was something about grinding for a gate pass for a town that didn't exist or some shit like that, among other things. Has it changed much since then for this release? Quite enjoyed Stardew and wouldn't mind something along those lines with this kind of aesthetic.

There's indeed a gate pass for a town, which ends in a mocking surprise. It was very cheap for me to buy every time I got there, but I can guess where that complain comes from - the game's progress feels slower than Stardew Valley, even with small details like walking distances.

 

About that complain: It's quite easy to choose wrong goals in the beginning. For example, you could rush and save up skill points for unlocking "create advanced tombstones", just to find out you would have needed to unlock "production building stone 2" first, because you need special crafted stones. So if you indeed saved up a lot of points or money or whatever of ressource, you may feel disappointed.

One can always look up stuff like this in online wikis of course, because if you know what you do you can rush a lot.

 

Anyway, it's probably good advice for this game to try, at least at the beginning, not to save up for things that seem a lot more expensive than the stuff you're used too at the moment. Or be prepared you need additional steps for it to work.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hokupe said:

There's indeed a gate pass for a town, which ends in a mocking surprise. It was very cheap for me to buy every time I got there, but I can guess where that complain comes from - the game's progress feels slower than Stardew Valley, even with small details like walking distances.

 

About that complain: It's quite easy to choose wrong goals in the beginning. For example, you could rush and save up skill points for unlocking "create advanced tombstones", just to find out you would have needed to unlock "production building stone 2" first, because you need special crafted stones. So if you indeed saved up a lot of points or money or whatever of ressource, you may feel disappointed.

One can always look up stuff like this in online wikis of course, because if you know what you do you can rush a lot.

 

Anyway, it's probably good advice for this game to try, at least at the beginning, not to save up for things that seem a lot more expensive than the stuff you're used too at the moment. Or be prepared you need additional steps for it to work.

I certainly appreciate all of the suggestions! Solid advice. I just bought the game and I was debating on whether or not to buy that expansion for $4.99. I think I'm gonna try it for a few days without and see how I feel. Thanks everyone for all the input! You are all wonderful ppl! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hokupe said:

There's indeed a gate pass for a town, which ends in a mocking surprise. It was very cheap for me to buy every time I got there, but I can guess where that complain comes from - the game's progress feels slower than Stardew Valley, even with small details like walking distances.

 

About that complain: It's quite easy to choose wrong goals in the beginning. For example, you could rush and save up skill points for unlocking "create advanced tombstones", just to find out you would have needed to unlock "production building stone 2" first, because you need special crafted stones. So if you indeed saved up a lot of points or money or whatever of ressource, you may feel disappointed.

One can always look up stuff like this in online wikis of course, because if you know what you do you can rush a lot.

 

Anyway, it's probably good advice for this game to try, at least at the beginning, not to save up for things that seem a lot more expensive than the stuff you're used too at the moment. Or be prepared you need additional steps for it to work.

Thanks for the reply - the town thing isn't a dealbreaker, especially if it seems on purpose. I don't really care too much about picking "the wrong stuff" as long as it doesn't make anything permanently missable. Other than that, the aesthetic has sold me on this game along, so will pick it up in due time.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kuzigari_ said:

As a fan of the old harvest moon games it makes me glad seeing more games like this.

I remember playing Harvest Moon once. I remember accomplishing nothing and having my family being very disappointed in me. I hope I'm not getting real life and video games mixed up again.

 

It exciting to hear Graveyard Keeper is on PS4. I would of preferred a Vita version myself; the game seems to be a chill out in bed while playing this experience.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played this on xbox one and was surprised it came to ps4. Definitely getting this but probably gonna wait on starting or wait for a sale.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having more fun with this than Stardew and I love Stardew. Everything feels less rushed since there no time limits or date limits like with the seasons. And it all tech trees. I love tech trees. I do feel like earning blue exp and faith is a little slower than I’d like but overall I’m loving this game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.