Falcom's next Kiseki/Trails game

RadiantFlamberge

Confirmed as appearing in the new Kiseki are Rixia, Thoma Worzel, Scarlet, & Wald Wales. There will be 2 protagonists- a mysterious man & woman (pink ponytail, carrying a stuffed bear).

Could it be a Sen no Kiseki Gaiden taking place alongside events in Cold Steel IV, or "The 5th"? Remembering that Kondo has said "While Trails of Cold Steel ended with its 4th game, we still wanted to do some things with it a bit", I guess it may be a side-story of ToCS IV.

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/trails-series-15th-anniversary-commemoration-new-title-start-special-broadcast-set-for-june-29

Dengeki Online will host a 2 hour Trails Series 15th Anniversary Commemoration & New Title Start broadcast on 29 June at 17:00 JST. Here's a link where you'll be able to see it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRWdN1anhGo

17:00 Opening

17:04 Trails series 15th Anniversary Retrospective

18:00 Guest Talk Corner

18:25 Q&A with Falcom President Toshihiro Kondo

18:40 Information on Falcom's latest titles

Wonder if it is the same engine. With Tale of Arise shifting its own series visual fidelity forward with Unreal Engine 4 over the previous in-house engines, I wonder how Trails would be like in something as sophisticated as that. Granted, few Japanese devs have achieved the technicality of pushing these current consoles and their Jaguar CPUs to full potent utitlity....

I'm also wondering what Falcom could do if they retired their Yamaneko engine & switched to UE4. Oh I'm sure, a new Trails would probably look simply amazing with that.

SNK used their own engine for KOF XIV, then recently switched over to UE4 for Samurai Shodown... they might not be pushing any limits, but there is a definite improvement.

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/falcom-shares-first-screenshots-of-the-next-trails-game-teases-ps4-ports-of-previous-titles

This Gematsu story has some images from Falcom's Kiseki 15th Anniversary stream.

Rixia, Thoma Worzel, & Scarlet (in a nun's outfit like Ries Argent's) are shown. Another screenshot is of Rean & Elise in Ymir during another season, maybe spring. The cover of Dengeki PlayStation 677 shows a couple of new characters behind Wazy with their backs turned. Noel Seeker will also be in this.

So, what about a new engine? Actually, Falcom took care of that when getting started. The character & background graphics will be improved over CSIV.

One question that Kondo answered was whether previous Trails titles would come to PS4. He said that while consoles change over time, Falcom wants to leave an option to play them in some way. Let's hope the Crossbell arc gets ported to PS4. That's the only shot we have at seeing official localisations for these 2 games.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Let's hope the Crossbell arc gets ported to PS4. That's the only shot we have at seeing official localisations for these 2 games.

I hope so, but at the same time I don't know if Falcom want do it, I mean, nowaday we can play all sora no kiseki game on PC and soon the first tree games of CS, I don't understand why they not localised Crossbell game at least on PC because on vita is simply impossible, maybe PC port is more suitable than PS4 and when he said "leave an option to play them in some way" it sound more PC than PS4 in my opinion, I would like to have more kiseki on playstation with english subtitle, at the end it mean more trophies.

Edited by AlchemistWer

47 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Maybe we could learn enough japanese before considering the time falcom take to realese an official english trnaslation. 1f605.png

In the time it took to localize CS 1, 2, and 3, I could've learned Japanese by now. :P 

On 6/30/2019 at 4:43 AM, AlchemistWer said:

I don't understand why they not localised Crossbell game at least on PC because on vita is simply impossible

NISA could hire someone to port the Crossbell games, like XSEED did with Ys Seven & Celceta's PC versions. The developer of these ports, Hyde, did a wonderful job on them.

It's a shame that Nayuta no Kiseki (an action game, not related to the Legend of Heroes Kiseki series) never got a western localisation. The action & platforming in this are somewhat like Felghana. It's so good it deserves to be on a console or PC. The reason XSEED passed on it could have been its being a PSP game released after the Vita... not like that should have mattered, since the Vita would be able to play it.

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

NISA could hire someone to port the Crossbell games, like XSEED did with Ys Seven & Celceta's PC versions. The developer of these ports, Hyde, did a wonderful job on them.

It's a shame that Nayuta no Kiseki (an action game, not related to the Legend of Heroes Kiseki series) never got a western localisation. The action & platforming in this are somewhat like Felghana. It's so good it deserves to be on a console or PC. The reason XSEED passed on it could have been its being a PSP game released after the Vita... not like that should have mattered, since the Vita would be able to play it.

Of course, and games that still are only available in japanese are both Crossbell games and CS 4, but maybe is just matter of time until have them with english subtitle. Personally I never start with this serie for that reason, it was in 2017 when realesed trails in the sky 3 on steam, and I started trails in the sky for that reason and after know about CS3 I started with CS. 

https://noisypixel.net/nihon-falcom-president-toshihiro-kondo-interview/

There's a Falcom interview with Kondo & NISA's Alan Costa at NoisyPixel. One thing I was surprised to hear is that the Crossbell arc almost didn't happen, with Falcom originally wanting Erebonia to be right after Liberl.

When asked about plans to release Zero & Ao in the west, Kondo said "As creators, we want as many people as possible to play these games, and also to give Japanese players a chance to replay them. Although there isn’t anything to officially announce there, we are working internally to figure out how to get these games on newer consoles and once we do, I’m confident that NISA will translate them for you and release them in the west." Sounds like a plan. I don't think we'll see it until CS4 & maybe the other new Kiseki have come out here though.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 1