Surrounded Gold Score Video

XileLerinril

This is a full run from start finish with a gold score. Not my video, just to be clear. The guy said he will be posting a guide with tips and what not in a day or so. Does not look to bad, just going to take some time. Looks like you can hit the score in about 8 min, so at least attempts should not take to long. 

Tips and Mini guide. Score breakdowns and patch/ring recommendations. Also has a link to a Reddit thread with pictures of all the ammo and gun locations on the map. Full credit to Abyx Gaming for these vids. 

Edited by XileLerinril
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, LazyJournalist said:

How does that guy lived after taking so much damage while his health bar were so low? Some kind of boosts or what? 

When you go down to red critical health you get a mercy hit. So he is sitting on 1 hp most of the run. He can take a single hit and his screen goes red. After some time you get that mercy hit back. He got very lucky in not getting smacked twice. 

• Like 2

Aaaaaahhhh! Made it to 58K with his method.  I'll try a different one from a guy that went 300K+ sometime tomorrow. 

Hope that all the upgrades we'llget over.... the next couple months (that sounds fucking absurd) makes these things easier.

I've just completed the gold medal while playing as rikki. I feel like she was able to run faster than deacon or boozer for some reason or just didn't loose stamina. Anyway I ended with 144,826. Died by my own mine, lol. I used my own method after enough trial and error. I'll post my video soon. 

Edited by ZachSmoke
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, ZachSmoke said:

I've just completed the gold medal while playing as rikki. I feel like she was able to run faster than deacon or boozer for some reason or just didn't loose stamina. Anyway I ended with 144,826. Died by my own mine, lol. I used my own method after enough trial and error. I'll post my video soon. 

I watched your video, got the extra distraction alarms and ended up getting a silver. Those extra distraction alarms work great, I ended up running out of ammo haha. 

2 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

I watched your video, got the extra distraction alarms and ended up getting a silver. Those extra distraction alarms work great, I ended up running out of ammo haha. 

Glad it helped out a little. I also am getting together a quick video for ammo, med kits, grenades, and a few weapons locations to help everyone out. 

This may help some of you out. - 

Edited by ZachSmoke

But how do people get like 500k+ points? There is even one who has over one million an someone close to a million. Would be great if these people could share their wisdom with us. It is not that i want to achieve these scores. All I want is that 120k for the gold medal and my highscore is 78k

Edited by Wenzeldale
  • Like 2

This mode highligts everything thats wrong with this game. 

Wanna pick up ammo.... well thats 50/50 chance you will + its slow as shit. 

Wanna run? FUCK YOU!!! 

Oh it looks like you ran out of everything and are looking for ammo of all sorts (if you know you know) well, let me despawn absolute everything

??

Edited by Fr_0zt

6 hours ago, ZachSmoke said:

I was playing this last night and stumbles across a glitch where freakers can not get you. Makes getting gold atleast very easy. If anyone is interested heres a video.

I commented on your video about it. Just got it doing this with a score of 291,662. You still have to put in a lot of work to get to where it will work with lots of freakers. Oh a couple do go up there, but it's like they don't know what to do and jump down right away. Awesome video and thanks, frustration over haha.

On 1/7/2019 at 4:19 AM, Fr_0zt said:

Finally made thanks to this amazing guide.  Ended up with 219K but be wary cuz its easy to fuck up the combo.... I did like 6-10 times.  

I ended up using that route up to about 350 kills, then I got to the roof mentioned in the video below and got 210k easily.

I tried the normal way 4-5 times but the horde always killed me at about 118k, so I decided to go up there for safety.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I ended up using that route up to about 350 kills, then I got to the roof mentioned in the video below and got 210k easily.

I tried the normal way 4-5 times but the horde always killed me at about 118k, so I decided to go up there for safety.

Yeah I managed to fuck it up a couple times too. ?

2 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Does this really work? I will try it later after work

Yes I did it yesterday, you should get your score up to like 30,000, follow a video to do that easy, then rush to the roof on the video and rake up your combo. Use distractors from the roof to lure them in one place, then napalm, shoot, grenades, etc. After a bit one kill was over 700 points, headshots over 1,000. I got almost 300,000 doing it that way. Oh before you try it when you're sure you can pull it off, practice to see from the video if you can climb on the roof, then just restart a couple times and practice a bit. That's what I did, plus you don't want to do all that work and not able to get on the roof, then all that work wasted.

Edited by Nitemares-----

33 minutes ago, NoiizeR- said:

How do you achieve i "Make This Look Good"? I got gold with a character skin, then I did it again with a character skin and custom accent. Nothing popped, Do I have to wait for next map to release?

I've heard from someone else who had the same problem in another thread, you need to beat your score if you already have the gold. I didn't have that problem because when I got the gold, I had Rikki equipped with Dakar custom accent, so it unlocked for me. If you had problems getting the gold, then you could wait for the next Challenge. 

Edited by Nitemares-----