Surrounded Gold Score Video

XileLerinril

37 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I just got the gold on the 4th challenge this past weekend. So is it an upgraded patch? or ring that allows this? thanks

That's it, you unlocked the patch for that challenge, which increase bullet penetration !

And trust me, it's a very efficient upgrade for hordes, you'll see very quickly the difference. You manage to shoot bunches of freakers way easier, so doing combos are so easy now. And of course, killing more freakers will allow you to collect more ears. So it's all good ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

Thank you! any pointers on the ears? I know that I keep asking this, but it is the only thing I am missing. I have been running in circles, but the most I have gotten is 500 ears. Any other pointers?

Your last tries were before or after you did the gold on the 4th challenge ?

Cause i'm positive you'll achieve it easy now that you have that bullet penetration patch ! You'll quickly see that you can spray at freakers, and hurt them bad ! ?

What I did was simply running around, and throwing attractors when they were in great numbers. I also used the ring that regen stamina when jumping over things. Very easy now that my character is a killing machine ! 

Edited by Bearded_Jay

1 hour ago, Bearded_Jay said:

Cause i'm positive you'll achieve it easy know that you have that bullet penetration patch ! You'll quickly see that you can spray at freakers, and hurt them bad ! 1f61d.png

What I did was simply running around, and throwing attractors when they were in great numbers. I also used the ring that regen stamina when jumping over things. Very easy now that my character is a killing machine ! 

Hope you're right, mate. Have no desire at all to get back into Surrounded challenge, but the next one gonna be Horde as well, so on Friday we'll see how it works in practice.

Edited by LazyJournalist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bearded_Jay said:

Cause i'm positive you'll achieve it easy now that you have that bullet penetration patch ! You'll quickly see that you can spray at freakers, and hurt them bad ! 1f61d.png

After. I did notice the bullets do more damage, but i am still having trouble with the stupid ears. I am using the ring to regain stamina when vaulting, and also the gun reload when rolling one

Edited by sealightbreeze

Then simply take your time, don't focus too much on these ears and be patient ! Take the same path each time to collect the ears from the previous "lap" and you should be good ! Look at the map really often to anticipate the future spawn points of freakers.

And you'll do it man, no doubt ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

After. I did notice the bullets do more damage, but i am still having trouble with the stupid ears. I am using the ring to regain stamina when vaulting, and also the gun reload when rolling one

Try to go around the map near the edges and always keep the same direction, only change when you need to get ammo. Doing this you will always go over the enemies will kill and collect ears.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

I did it!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!! ?✌??

Congrats man, Im glad you got it.

Im personally struggling with the traps one, or I run out of traps and dont kill 100 enemies or I end up killing myself with the explosions. Its the only gold Im missing atm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Montyzu said:

Im personally struggling with the traps one, or I run out of traps and dont kill 100 enemies or I end up killing myself with the explosions. Its the only gold Im missing atm.

I don't use traps early in my runs, i wait until there is a fair amount of freakers running around. At that point, I simply go all in, putting traps in confined places, where freakers will stack. And of course, if you throw explosive attractors, don't aim near a red barrel, it will count as a calculator kill. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Montyzu said:

Focus on them one at a time. One run, focus on the traps. Another run, focus on the other one. 

• Like 1