Of course this was bound to happen (Sand Snake didn't pop)

After absolute fucking nightmare that Warrior Within was (5 playthroughs instead of 3, which is already a lot) and seeing the Sand Snake trophy, i was expecting something to go wrong. I never saw a continue screen, i always quit to menu in pause when my life was at zero, i never died in Dark Prince section (unless the "ship fall" voids this, but i saw everyone see that so idk). And of course, no matter what the fuck i do, no fucking trophy for me. Fantastic. I could try getting it on my hard walkthrough, but why, if i don't even know if i'm wasting my time for nothing. Please explain how to get this abomination to me, because i'm pissed off rn.

EDIT: Checked and "ship fall" cannot be skipped, therefore i didn't got the trophy just because. Fucking amazing.

Edited by Varhur

That sucks, I'd recommend doing Normal and Hard first, then Easy while going for Sand Snake. The reason is to first get a feel for the game on Normal and master bosses and Dark Prince sections on Hard. Afterwards, use all that knowledge to breeze through on Easy. But it seems you already did Easy and Normal.

Unsure if this helps, but I remember never quitting while health was zero, I'd always rewind time to get a sliver of health back, then quit.

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

That sucks, I'd recommend doing Normal and Hard first, then Easy while going for Sand Snake. The reason is to first get a feel for the game on Normal and master bosses and Dark Prince sections on Hard. Afterwards, use all that knowledge to breeze through on Easy. But it seems you already did Easy and Normal.

Unsure if this helps, but I remember never quitting while health was zero, I'd always rewind time to get a sliver of health back, then quit.

Things went different as they always do with PoP's. Sands of Time had bugged "10 hours" trophy, Warrior Within was awful in those terms and now this...

I remember I played through the game all the way to the last section where you are chasing after the Dark Prince in the golden light.

What screwed me is that if you go the wrong way, it counts as a death without giving you a game over screen. You dont even know you messed up until you dont get the trophy at the end.

Also I agree with Dragon, I never quit unless I had at least a bit of health showing on my bar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlazzingWind said:

I remember I played through the game all the way to the last section where you are chasing after the Dark Prince in the golden light.

What screwed me is that if you go the wrong way, it counts as a death without giving you a game over screen. You dont even know you messed up until you dont get the trophy at the end.

Also I agree with Dragon, I never quit unless I had at least a bit of health showing on my bar.

I know and i didn't fell off there, i even checked if the moment when you fall and you see your ship from WW can be skipped, and no, it cannot be.

I read in a topic on a different forum that instead of quitting to the menu, to quit to the XMB at every point where you think you will die or have died.

I took that advice and even saw the continue screen on one of the dark prince sections and the trophy still popped for me. So if you still have more than one playthrough to do (preferably one not on hard) try it that go through and it should work. It did for me anyway.

16 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Did you 'die' during any of the life upgrade puzzle sections?

Nope, skipped last puzzle entirely for this reason.

15 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I read in a topic on a different forum that instead of quitting to the menu, to quit to the XMB at every point where you think you will die or have died.

I took that advice and even saw the continue screen on one of the dark prince sections and the trophy still popped for me. So if you still have more than one playthrough to do (preferably one not on hard) try it that go through and it should work. It did for me anyway.

Can confirm that XMB quit works, died few times, used rewinding for some and when i couldn't i just quit with XMB.

19 hours ago, Varhur said:

Can confirm that XMB quit works, died few times, used rewinding for some and when i couldn't i just quit with XMB.

Glad you got Sand Snake!! It is one of those things that really puts you on edge during a playthrough just in case you end up needing to do another one.

Edited by rjkclarke

21 hours ago, Varhur said:

Hey I'm going to be attempting this trophy soon. Can you give me some pointers? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Hey I'm going to be attempting this trophy soon. Can you give me some pointers? Thanks. 

You can rewind time after death, the thing that busts your run is not seeing "continue" screen, but pressing either "retry" or "quit". Basically, if you're 100% sure that you're gonna die, quit via XMB and leave the game entirely, not just to main menu. And i recommend doing that run on easy to avoid making things harder.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/6/2019 at 11:52 AM, Varhur said:

You can rewind time after death, the thing that busts your run is not seeing "continue" screen, but pressing either "retry" or "quit". Basically, if you're 100% sure that you're gonna die, quit via XMB and leave the game entirely, not just to main menu. And i recommend doing that run on easy to avoid making things harder.

Okay, thanks for the help, sorry for the late reply I'm just now getting round to this. I'm close to the end of my playthrough on Hard collecting all the life upgrades and after that, I'll be going for Sand Snake on Normal (I've already done the Easy playthrough) but if I can't do it on Normal I'll quite happily do another run on Easy to get it.

Anyway, so just ignore everyone saying "you can't hear the Prince scream" or whatever right? Just as long as I don't hit continue or quit on the death screen and quit via XMB instead I'm good?

Did you bother with the life upgrades? Also, do you have any tips for the last section chasing the Dark Prince? Like when it's okay to fall etc?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions haha. I'd really appreciate your help :) 

6 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Okay, thanks for the help, sorry for the late reply I'm just now getting round to this. I'm close to the end of my playthrough on Hard collecting all the life upgrades and after that, I'll be going for Sand Snake on Normal (I've already done the Easy playthrough) but if I can't do it on Normal I'll quite happily do another run on Easy to get it.

Anyway, so just ignore everyone saying "you can't hear the Prince scream" or whatever right? Just as long as I don't hit continue or quit on the death screen and quit via XMB instead I'm good?

Did you bother with the life upgrades? Also, do you have any tips for the last section chasing the Dark Prince? Like when it's okay to fall etc?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions haha. I'd really appreciate your help :) 

1. You can die and rewind time while still not voiding the trophy.

2. If you can't rewind time, quit via XMB, "continue" screen by itself doesn't voids the trophy

3. I went for all life upgrades except the last one, it's pretty brutal and has tight timings.

25 minutes ago, Varhur said:

1. You can die and rewind time while still not voiding the trophy.

2. If you can't rewind time, quit via XMB, "continue" screen by itself doesn't voids the trophy

3. I went for all life upgrades except the last one, it's pretty brutal and has tight timings.

Okay, perfect thanks so much. And what about the last section where you chase the Dark Prince? What do I need to watch out for?

9 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Doing this now and died on the first life upgrade, I quit to xmb as soon as it happened. Do you think this might void it? 

Not sure tbh, never got into that situation. If you're worried you could start again, it's early in the game

• 7 months later...
On 7/4/2019 at 10:10 PM, rjkclarke said:

Thank you very much for the xmb method.

I was going to do sand snake exactly as I did the no death run in warrior within, but luckily I stumbled upon this thread.

I got to near death quite a few times and heard the prince scream. I even jumped on the wrong ledge in the last mental realm section which made me repeat the previous step. It didn't count as death. I got the trophy at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I died while chasing the Dark Prince. I can’t remember exactly, but I’m pretty sure I tried quitting to the XMB but I guess I was too late. 

You’re totally right, the trophy lists for these games are atrocious. Whoever thought it was a good idea to make it so that difficulty trophies don’t stack deserves to be kicked in the balls. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Did it first try on Normal difficulty. Wasn't necessarily expecting to get the trophy, but did try to. I mostly was able to quit to main menu before game over screen came up, but if I wasn't I quit to XMB. Fell many times chasing Dark Prince at the end. of course rewinding normally after a fall or whatever caused no issues either.