An introduction a few years late

archmiel

Hello. Long time user and lurker, first time poster though I have popped in the chat once in a while.

I just pledged my soul to the monster mash by donating to premium service since I used this site a lot so I figured I'd pop in here and say hi (even if my profile here doesn't seem to reflect it yet)

I'm Aaron and I live in Japan. I was born in Canada and raised as a gamer by my dad through the 70s and 80s. In the 90s I moved to Nagano (later Tokyo) and eventually naturalized as a citizen where I remain a gamer to this day. I am open to most types of games though I'm not a huge fan of sandbox or open world games in general. I'm more of a music, RPG, action and adventure type. I started my own business that does work including translation and I have a few game translation projects under my belt, both professionally (Chaos Rings 3, ReRave AC) and personal (Retro Game Challenge 2, Blood of Bahamut).

If anything I'm probably known more for my history with arcade music games (particularly Dance Dance Revolution as well as general arcades) as seen in the film "100 Yen: The Japanese Arcade Experience", the VICE ""documentary"" "Inside Tokyo's Long Love Affair with Dance Dance Revolution", brief cameo in BBC3's "Lord of the Dance Machine", the Kodansha published book "Arcade Mania" (French edition also available) and my own published book on DDR "Counting Combos".

That's long winded but in any case nice to meet you.

• Like 2

Hey! I used to play DDR at home, great little workout game, I really broke some sweats. I wish my parents choosed Japan too to live but we came to america. idk why, I mean we were definitely closer to JPN than America, heck I wish we just would had just stayed in Hong Kong. I think my life would be soooo different.