EzusJezus

Hoist the Flag trophy / Frontline game mode

55 posts in this topic

I have just got this game and I aim looking for the platinum, I understand that there is no Frontline mode anymore? Will it ever return? 

 

And what is the most effective way to obtain this trophy without front line? 

 

I understand there is Frontline game mode in grand operations? Can someone explain how it works so I can achieve this trophy ASAP.

 

Thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grand Ops plays over three or (exceptionally) four days, each with a different mode, including Frontlines. If the Battlefield wiki info is current, you get Frontlines on Day 3 in Rotterdam (Devastation map) and Day 3 in France (Arras map).

DICE have stated that Frontlines will return occasionally as one of their "limited-time" (temporary) multiplayer modes and they confirmed recently that the new chapter of content (which started last week) will include one week of Frontlines, so you might want to wait for that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does suck though, is even if they do bring it back as a LTM mode, is that the trophy probably won’t even pop. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, barticle said:

Grand Ops plays over three or (exceptionally) four days, each with a different mode, including Frontlines. If the Battlefield wiki info is current, you get Frontlines on Day 3 in Rotterdam (Devastation map) and Day 3 in France (Arras map).

DICE have stated that Frontlines will return occasionally as one of their "limited-time" (temporary) multiplayer modes and they confirmed recently that the new chapter of content (which started last week) will include one week of Frontlines, so you might want to wait for that.

Okay so I have to actually wait 3 days each time to play on these maps? 

 

And do we have a date for when this limited time will start? 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EzusJezus said:

Okay so I have to actually wait 3 days each time to play on these maps? 

 

And do we have a date for when this limited time will start?

 

I don't play Grand Ops but I assume you're always put into Day 1 if you use quick-match (Grand Ops button on Multiplayer menu). I expected the Advanced Search (server browser) to give you more control, but it seems to only offer Airborne which is the Day 1 mode on all five operations, hmm. At least you can choose the map there - Twisted Steel for France or Rotterdam for, er, Rotterdam - and if you're lucky you'll join near the end of Day 1. The other three operations don't feature Frontlines.

 

I haven't seen a date for the Frontlines week yet, it was just a passing comment from someone at DICE. As you can see in the game, only the first three weeks (of twelve total) in this chapter have been confirmed so far. I'd expect Frontlines to be included in the challenges for the weekly unlock though so it's probably not week 2 or 3.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies this is really frustrating, how do I switch teams in a match? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EzusJezus said:

Thanks for the replies this is really frustrating, how do I switch teams in a match? 

 

You can not switch teams in the middle of a match in BFV that was removed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've launched several "Close Quarters" servers in America, Germany and Japan running Team Deathmatch and Frontlines in the following rotation:

 

TDM on Fjell
Frontlines on Twisted Steel
TDM on Devastation
TDM on Al Sundan
Frontlines on Narvik
TDM on Aerodrome

 

Join on Fjell or Al Sundan to get a full round of Frontlines in the next match.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info Barticle! hopefully the trophy pops for me cause a lot have not so far, while others have with out issue.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No probs. I see they've changed the rotation slightly to make it better for anyone wanting Frontlines. It's now TDM on four maps followed by Frontlines on three (Mercury added). Use the advanced search to join TDM on Aerodrome on a Close Quarters server to get three consecutive Frontlines matches next.

 

https://twitter.com/PartWelsh/status/1149596926964191237

 

I dunno how long these servers are running - could just be for the current week (Thursday to Wednesday).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One tip: You had to stay in the server until the trophy appears, if you leave the server, the trophy progress will be reset and you will need do it all over. Same rule are apply for the trophies: Death From Above, Globetrotter and Fender Bender.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OverlordBR-PT said:

One tip: You had to stay in the server until the trophy appears, if you leave the server, the trophy progress will be reset and you will need do it all over. Same rule are apply for the trophies: Death From Above, Globetrotter and Fender Bender.

I can't remember if I did indeed stay in the same server but eventually got the hoist the flag trophy last night. I was thinking that what you say is probably true because I've played each map for the globetrotter at least 5 times each on different servers so.....kinda dumb though if you ask me. Thanks for the tip by the way :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what i recall it is cumulative. However it is still buggy. I have 10+caps and no trophy has popped yet. Also the same wuth death from above. Almost 10 AA bombed and again no trophy 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2019 at 6:02 PM, War_Hearted said:

I can't remember if I did indeed stay in the same server but eventually got the hoist the flag trophy last night. I was thinking that what you say is probably true because I've played each map for the globetrotter at least 5 times each on different servers so.....kinda dumb though if you ask me. Thanks for the tip by the way :)

Yes, it is. This is the only way now to get these trophies. I got my globetrotter today doing that strategy (it took 4~5 hours because my team, even with much less ppl compared the enemy, they fight without giving up, extending the time lol)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also got my globetrotter and heads down trophies today, playing in the same server for about 4 to 5 hours as well. Happy that is over with and now onto the other bullshit trophies lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2019 at 6:44 PM, OverlordBR-PT said:

One tip: You had to stay in the server until the trophy appears, if you leave the server, the trophy progress will be reset and you will need do it all over. Same rule are apply for the trophies: Death From Above, Globetrotter and Fender Bender.

So is tis confirmed you have to stay in the same server to achieve all of these trophies? It is NOT accumulated?(which sucks) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, EzusJezus said:

So is tis confirmed you have to stay in the same server to achieve all of these trophies? It is NOT accumulated?(which sucks) 

Tecnically, it SHOULD be accumulated, but, due this glitch, now you have to do it in the same server until the trophy appears. I'm trying to see if that trophy which requires you make 150k as player also works in the same way too. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OverlordBR-PT said:

Tecnically, it SHOULD be accumulated, but, due this glitch, now you have to do it in the same server until the trophy appears. I'm trying to see if that trophy which requires you make 150k as player also works in the same way too. 

:( WTH

 

Is it even worth playing and just wait until they fix it? 

 

Will they even fix it??? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update 4.2 is coming next week but its content/fixes have not been announced yet.

 

With the return of Rush mode in the new week starting today, the Close Quarters servers featuring Frontlines have been removed. Frontlines is now only available on the Rotterdam and France ops in Grand Operations mode which is not viable for this trophy with the current issues. Frontlines should be available in private games (custom servers) when that feature is added "after this summer" and I expect it to reappear as a temporary mode again in future.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want online trophies: do not leave the server! You must playing in a row for the trophy. But it is very frustrating for 500k xp.

 

Leave your comment there for EA support. We have a big army and want trophy fix! :D

Official EA support site: Link

 

Hope its true

original?v=1.0&px=-1

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As noted in the other thread, the trophy fix is now listed as "potentially 4.4" (late August).

 

The new multiplayer map Marita was added today. There are dedicated Marita servers this week running 64-player modes (Conquest and Breakthrough) and the map's also been added to the rotations for Conquest, Breakthrough and TDM servers. Next week (from 8 August) the Marita servers will change to a playlist of 32-player modes (Domination, Frontlines and TDM) so that'll be the next opportunity to play Frontlines mode outside of Grand Ops.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see they decided to go with a rotation of two Frontlines matches, one Domination and no TDM.

 

That's better for anyone that prefers proper objective modes - or needs Frontlines caps for the trophy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.