Hoist the Flag trophy / Frontline game mode

EatYourSalad12

I have just got this game and I aim looking for the platinum, I understand that there is no Frontline mode anymore? Will it ever return? 

And what is the most effective way to obtain this trophy without front line? 

I understand there is Frontline game mode in grand operations? Can someone explain how it works so I can achieve this trophy ASAP.

Thanks

Grand Ops plays over three or (exceptionally) four days, each with a different mode, including Frontlines. If the Battlefield wiki info is current, you get Frontlines on Day 3 in Rotterdam (Devastation map) and Day 3 in France (Arras map).

DICE have stated that Frontlines will return occasionally as one of their "limited-time" (temporary) multiplayer modes and they confirmed recently that the new chapter of content (which started last week) will include one week of Frontlines, so you might want to wait for that.

16 hours ago, barticle said:

Grand Ops plays over three or (exceptionally) four days, each with a different mode, including Frontlines. If the Battlefield wiki info is current, you get Frontlines on Day 3 in Rotterdam (Devastation map) and Day 3 in France (Arras map).

DICE have stated that Frontlines will return occasionally as one of their "limited-time" (temporary) multiplayer modes and they confirmed recently that the new chapter of content (which started last week) will include one week of Frontlines, so you might want to wait for that.

Okay so I have to actually wait 3 days each time to play on these maps? 

And do we have a date for when this limited time will start? 

11 hours ago, EzusJezus said:

Okay so I have to actually wait 3 days each time to play on these maps? 

And do we have a date for when this limited time will start?

I don't play Grand Ops but I assume you're always put into Day 1 if you use quick-match (Grand Ops button on Multiplayer menu). I expected the Advanced Search (server browser) to give you more control, but it seems to only offer Airborne which is the Day 1 mode on all five operations, hmm. At least you can choose the map there - Twisted Steel for France or Rotterdam for, er, Rotterdam - and if you're lucky you'll join near the end of Day 1. The other three operations don't feature Frontlines.

I haven't seen a date for the Frontlines week yet, it was just a passing comment from someone at DICE. As you can see in the game, only the first three weeks (of twelve total) in this chapter have been confirmed so far. I'd expect Frontlines to be included in the challenges for the weekly unlock though so it's probably not week 2 or 3.

1 hour ago, EzusJezus said:

Thanks for the replies this is really frustrating, how do I switch teams in a match? 

You can not switch teams in the middle of a match in BFV that was removed.

They've launched several "Close Quarters" servers in America, Germany and Japan running Team Deathmatch and Frontlines in the following rotation:

TDM on Fjell
Frontlines on Twisted Steel
TDM on Devastation
TDM on Al Sundan
Frontlines on Narvik
TDM on Aerodrome

Join on Fjell or Al Sundan to get a full round of Frontlines in the next match.

No probs. I see they've changed the rotation slightly to make it better for anyone wanting Frontlines. It's now TDM on four maps followed by Frontlines on three (Mercury added). Use the advanced search to join TDM on Aerodrome on a Close Quarters server to get three consecutive Frontlines matches next.

https://twitter.com/PartWelsh/status/1149596926964191237

I dunno how long these servers are running - could just be for the current week (Thursday to Wednesday).

3 hours ago, OverlordBR-PT said:

One tip: You had to stay in the server until the trophy appears, if you leave the server, the trophy progress will be reset and you will need do it all over. Same rule are apply for the trophies: Death From Above, Globetrotter and Fender Bender.

I can't remember if I did indeed stay in the same server but eventually got the hoist the flag trophy last night. I was thinking that what you say is probably true because I've played each map for the globetrotter at least 5 times each on different servers so.....kinda dumb though if you ask me. Thanks for the tip by the way :)

On 12/07/2019 at 6:02 PM, War_Hearted said:

I can't remember if I did indeed stay in the same server but eventually got the hoist the flag trophy last night. I was thinking that what you say is probably true because I've played each map for the globetrotter at least 5 times each on different servers so.....kinda dumb though if you ask me. Thanks for the tip by the way :)

Yes, it is. This is the only way now to get these trophies. I got my globetrotter today doing that strategy (it took 4~5 hours because my team, even with much less ppl compared the enemy, they fight without giving up, extending the time lol)

On 12/07/2019 at 6:44 PM, OverlordBR-PT said:

One tip: You had to stay in the server until the trophy appears, if you leave the server, the trophy progress will be reset and you will need do it all over. Same rule are apply for the trophies: Death From Above, Globetrotter and Fender Bender.

So is tis confirmed you have to stay in the same server to achieve all of these trophies? It is NOT accumulated?(which sucks) 

16 hours ago, EzusJezus said:

So is tis confirmed you have to stay in the same server to achieve all of these trophies? It is NOT accumulated?(which sucks) 

Tecnically, it SHOULD be accumulated, but, due this glitch, now you have to do it in the same server until the trophy appears. I'm trying to see if that trophy which requires you make 150k as player also works in the same way too. 

15 hours ago, OverlordBR-PT said:

Tecnically, it SHOULD be accumulated, but, due this glitch, now you have to do it in the same server until the trophy appears. I'm trying to see if that trophy which requires you make 150k as player also works in the same way too. 

:( WTH

Is it even worth playing and just wait until they fix it? 

Will they even fix it??? 

Update 4.2 is coming next week but its content/fixes have not been announced yet.

With the return of Rush mode in the new week starting today, the Close Quarters servers featuring Frontlines have been removed. Frontlines is now only available on the Rotterdam and France ops in Grand Operations mode which is not viable for this trophy with the current issues. Frontlines should be available in private games (custom servers) when that feature is added "after this summer" and I expect it to reappear as a temporary mode again in future.

As noted in the other thread, the trophy fix is now listed as "potentially 4.4" (late August).

The new multiplayer map Marita was added today. There are dedicated Marita servers this week running 64-player modes (Conquest and Breakthrough) and the map's also been added to the rotations for Conquest, Breakthrough and TDM servers. Next week (from 8 August) the Marita servers will change to a playlist of 32-player modes (Domination, Frontlines and TDM) so that'll be the next opportunity to play Frontlines mode outside of Grand Ops.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...